Hooknswoop

3 1/8 aircraft altimeter

Does anyone have an old aircraft altimter that still works, fairly accurately? I need one for a test chamber.

I do..but not here, it's in storage
out west...when do you need it?

Ever try a 'scientific' mecury barometer?
even more accurate!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I do..but not here, it's in storage
out west...when do you need it?

Ever try a 'scientific' mecury barometer?
even more accurate!

No hurry. I need an aircraft altimeter. The one in the test kit is broken. I can't get it fixed w/o having to pay to get it certified to go back into an aircraft. A lot $ for a certification I don't need. It just has to work.

Derek

I was just looking at buying one of these for my dad (a pilot) for his car for christmas. I found them for $95 here

Since you're local, I also saw used altimiters several years ago at a little store inside the terminal at centennial airport, I haven't been there in a while, but if you are in the area it might be worth checking out.

I ws thinking a lot less than $95 to be honest. I have one, and I'm not willing to spend $95 to get it fixed.

I don't need backlighting or anything. The one I have is like the one at the bottom of that page, for $195.00.

Or if anyone knows a shop that will fix it cheap w/o certifing it, that would work too.

Derek

I've got one like that (3 hands and baro setting) in my garage. It works.

I've had it for years and thought I was going to do something with it, like put it in the back of a plane so people could check their wrist altis against it during the climb, but never did.

Make me an offer.

mh