imfromwales

Wings container

Im new into skydiving and looking into gear for when i am qualified.

I was wondering is the main difference between different wings container just the size of main and reserve they hold?

i.e. W8 main - 150 reserve 143 and W1 main - 170 reserve 143

Also do all of the Wings (W1 e.t.c.) come in the Wings EXT and the Wings Vision?

Thanks

Good questions to ask the manufacturer... ;)

The EXT is designed to have a longer (rather than squareish) shape for the containers, to accomodate a larger reserve/smaller main combo. The W1 etc. usually refers to the harness sizing IIRC.
So if you have a certain body type and measurements, you will get a W2 (for example), and if your canopy choice was a 170 Main and a 190 Reserve it would be an EXT, if a 170 Main and 150 Reserve it would probably NOT be an EXT.

I have a Rig with a 120 Main and 135 Reserve, it's a W3 EXT.

The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

The EXT is designed to have a longer (rather than squareish) shape for the containers, to accomodate a larger reserve/smaller main combo. ...and if your canopy choice was a 170 Main and a 190 Reserve it would be an EXT, if a 170 Main and 150 Reserve it would probably NOT be an EXT.

WRONG !!!

from the website

THE WINGS EXT
The Longer, Sleeker Wings! The Wing EXT series is specifically designed for taller jumpers (generally 5'10" and up)...
Please note that this container is NOT for people jumping 150 canopies and over... It's just a different shape.

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM