Yoshi

Starbucks

Ok so I was jsut sitting at starbucks about 20 minutes ago and notice how many people on a random wed afternoon go in there... I also looked up to see right across the street there was another starbucks just as full as the one I was in. I know of 10+ coffee joints within 5 minutes of my house and 4 of them are starbucks... whats your take??

BTW: I have a grande pepermint mocha...to get in the holliday spirit. :D

There isn't a Starbucks or anything close within 2 hours of me, and I hate it. I'd love to be able to pop to the corner Starbucks and get my fix.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I am in airports MOST days of the week. A lot of them have Starbucks. Some don't. My "normal" is a Grande Mocha. I have had them from several Starbucks imitators and they usually aren't as good and JUST as expensive. As annoying as they are..........they DO make good coffee. :S

I guess thats a plus of living down town houston... plus I am in the "montrose" area which has all the museums and theatres near by...the local art sceen..all that stuff... so coffe houses are a dime a dozen.. love urban living:P

Damn cooperate bullshit. How in the hell can someone pay over 5 bucks for 1 cup of coffee; especially when it tastes like crap! I think starbucks is over rated. Can't you just go into the gas station and buy coffee for like 50 cents?

I could swear I see you and brian with starbucks often :):P

I happen to like starbucks... hell the more the merrier in my eyes.. yeah its a little pricy, and I have had better coffe at other establishements, but I still always go back... plus one by my house has a drive thru!.. WOOO WOOO

when I am looking for jsut plain coffe black..I like really good coffe.. if I am getting a mocha or a chai latte or something like that I want my starbucks...

the gas station mochas are "chewy" to me.. textured like rubberbands or something..:D

Were at one of the ones at Shepard and W. Grey? Or, is their another pair across the street from each other?

There are too many of them, they are over priced, and on top of all that I think their coffee sucks. I try to avoid them if I can, unfortunately my wife likes their hot chocolate (which can be OK) so I have to visit once in a while.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

I could swear I see you and brian with starbucks often :):P

You swear wrong!! You might see B with it..I still give him hell about his $5 a day habbit..that's more expensive than my smoking!! And plus..I hate coffee..Just give me caffine in pill form please! HAHAHA :)

*edited to add: I AM WITH YOUR WIFE ON THAT ONE JOSH!!!! Their hot chocolate IS mighty good!! But, that's a once a month indulgence for me, IF that.[:/]

yeah ...shepard and west gray there are 2 right across the street from eachother.. its like 2 minuted from my house so I frequent there...

-y

amanduh: ok..ok..ok so I see brian with the coffe... my bad...just associated the coffee with both of yas..

-

Starbucks it the most putrid spew avaliable. Have some dignity and respect for your tastebuds and find a nicer place.

AMEN JP. My fams in the coffee biz, so starbucks for us is a blessing.The overall quality of their bean is inferior though, so they overoast it. I personally cant stand Starbucks. Try Dietrichs, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is good too.

Starbucks doesn't have to have a decent bean because nobody gets a "regular" coffee. They put syrups and whipped cream in everything.
Calorie city.

I prefer the tigermarket's coffee over starbucks coffee.. but Chai Tea is more my style than coffee anyway.

To answer the original question, around 4 starbucks in a 5 mile radius of my house.
You can't kill it!

I was walking through Battery Park City last month; checking out sneaker the and the hip hop stores.

Try this experiement yourself the next time you are in Manhattan (if you are happening to be near the WTC site):

Take the 1 train down to Battery Park. Walk up Church street or West street after you come up to street level.

You will see a Starbucks every other block, for about 19 blocks extending from Century 21 on Vesey St. In some spots you can see 5 or 6 starbucks if you look far enough down the street all the way to Union Square.

Starbucks doesn't have to have a decent bean because nobody gets a "regular" coffee. They put syrups and whipped cream in everything.
Calorie city.

I prefer the tigermarket's coffee over starbucks coffee.. but Chai Tea is more my style than coffee anyway.

To answer the original question, around 4 starbucks in a 5 mile radius of my house.
You can't kill it!

This reminds me of the Southpark where Kyle went on the quest to kill the heart of Wal-Mart.

"I am the heart of Wal-Mart. I have many faces. Does THIS suit you? How about THIS?"

:D

There isn't a Starbucks or anything close within 2 hours of me, and I hate it. I'd love to be able to pop to the corner Starbucks and get my fix.

there wasn't one here either until recently. (I was their first customer @ 5:00 A.M. too... :D)
-----
~~~Michael

Actually I hate the yuppie-monoopoly-on-every-corner thing. BUT...I do like their coffee, with a few qualifications: I always get something other than regular coffee, typically Mocha Frap or Cafe Mocha. Now in DFW that is $3-4 depending on the area. I don't buy frequently, but sometimes really want one.
If I just want caffiene there is free coffee at work. It is nice though, when traveling for work to be able to hit a starbucks and expect a certain taste.

It really all depends on what you want...but if price is your argument, most small coffee shops charge as much based on ambiance, etc. If you find you like, great frequent it, but then you are doing it more because you support local business rather than you think $$$ is too much for coffee. On the other hand if you really care about beans, go get good coffee for $10 a lb, grind at home/work and it is much cheaper and better than Starbucks or gas station.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Starbucks it the most putrid spew avaliable. Have some dignity and respect for your tastebuds and find a nicer place.

I have to agree. They totally burn/overroast their coffee. I will only drink it if it' the only thing around AND ask for the light roast.

However, I do have to give props to their mixed drinks - My favorite from them is the Eggnog Latte. mmmm... Yummy.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump