mailin

Peter Gabriel song

I've loved Peter Gabriel since his time with Genesis and of course I had to get his most recent album (UP) the day it came out (and attended two of the shows on its tour too B|). But I never really listed to the lyrics. I have THE DROP playing on MP3 at the moment and caught the first two lines...

Pretty neat song if it didn't sound so depressing [:/]

moving down the fuselage
toward the open door
catch you looking down outside
to see what lies ahead

one by one
you watch them fall
fall through cloud
one by one
you watch them fall
no idea where they're going
but down

where they've gone
where they've gone

watching as the sun goes down
i sit inside this plane
notice how the city lights
are like the nerves inside a brain

one by one
they're going out
you watch them dim
one by one
you watch them fall
and wonder where they're falling to

Makes you wonder if he jumped before?

Jen
Arianna Frances

Well spotted Jen!!

I'm a Gabriel fan as well and this is news to me. [spiderman voice] ...mussst....seek.... albummm [/spiderman voice]

I have no doubt that Peter has done some strange shiite in his life but if he hasn't jumped himself, obviously someone he knew well,did. This sounds like new soundtrack material :)
-Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

sounds like new soundtrack material

Nah - you'd have to listen to it, very depressing/slow sounding IMO.

Unfortunately I can't find a sample of the song on any sites.... I could throw it up on mine... but I think thats like, illegal now-a-days ;)

Jen
Arianna Frances

Definitely NOT jump video material. The only exception would be fro some kind of obit.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

It's not on a Peter Gabriel album. It's on an album out out by "Afro-Celt Sound System". The title of it escapes me at the moment, but you can find it in the World Music section of larger music stores.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

It's on the Afro Celt Sound System CD: Volume 3: Further in Time. It came out in 2001 - got a bit of radio play too, which is how I found it. I started to get mad that the new PG album was released I didn't know about it - only to find out it wasn't him :D

He does alot of great work with alot of fantastic folks. He's worked with the Blind Boys from Alabama and they accompanied him on this last tour - what an AMAZING group of guys - they were just incredible!!

Jen
Arianna Frances

Thats a great song! I love it.

I first heard 'I Grieve' on the City of Angels sound track - when he puts things on sound tracks you never see them again, but was happy to see that one turn up.

What a great song... What a great artist.

*get all reminiscent now*

Jen
Arianna Frances