Scootersv

ATTENTION - WILL STRIBLING - WATCH OUT FOR SCAM!

I did not wanna really do it but silly boy have left me with no other options

First of all: Wanted!
Pilot 168, solid black with orange centre cell. Dom: March, 2008, S/N: 168-12561

Canopy was sold as a part of the complete set up: Icon I5/Pilot 168/Smart 175, but never delivered, along with risers, main pilot chute, D-bag and hook knife.
Upon contacting the seller re: main canopy whereabouts he maintained innocence all the way through, claiming the canopy was shipped as a part of the same package along with the container & reserve canopy. Apparently this is not true - the rig was delivered in the original packaging undisturbed, as it was shipped by the seller, being squashed in a small square box. There is no way it could take another canopy in, it's barely was holding the container and reserve canopy, that tight the package was.
Seller seaced further communication pretty much immediately after bering requested the colour pattern of the canopy & it's S/N.

The rig was assembled by CJ Harwigsen from Skydive New Mexico on 30th of June, 2008.
Skydive New Mexico will be also notified regarding the matter along with the manufacturer.

Now seller's info:
Will Stribling [personal address, phone number, and email address removed by slotperfect

ATTENTION PACKERS, RIGGERS, DZ MANAGEMENT OR POTENTIAL BUYERS.
I know how hard is to locate a canopy among thousand of others, however this was not a mass production Pilot 168, with what we believe is very distinguished colour pattern.
So, packers, riggers, DZ Management or potential buyers/new owner plz pay attention what you pack, service, or allow to jump as you might be packing, servicing or allowing to jump stolen gear on your DZ. New owner/potential buyer plz be aware by buying this canopy you'll be acquiring/jumping stolen gear.

Any info on the canopy's current whereabouts will be great and much appreciated.
Plz. contact Serg at

[email protected]

Cell: +61 409 04 14 90

Hi everyone.

I thought i'd post some additional details so it'll be all crystal clear for everyone trying to eliminate all the possibilities and doubts.

Seller might claim that he did not think the main canopy supposed to be as a part of the complete set he sold eventhough the rig was listed under compete gear section with, and the description of the actual ad included container/main/reserve canopy. The rig was originally listed complete for $3600.00 and included container/main/reserve canopies. Seller received $3500.00 payment for the rig and now claims that the deal did not include the main at all - this is amazing. I wish we had a recorder attached to the phone conversation we had with the guy. Here is the extract from one of the e-mails i'm still having proving that the main canopy was actually a part the rig advertised:

"...

Re: Icon rig‏
Sent: Sunday, 7 June 2009 3:21:51 PM
To: Serguei Borichtchev ([email protected])

Hi Serg,

Here are some pics of the rig I don't have pictures of the canopy but I can take some. I can get you the serial #'s for all of it.

-Will

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2009 8:29:19 PM
Subject: RE: Icon rig

Hey Will.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Do you have any pics of the rig & main canopy?
And S/N of the container and both canopies.

"...

Now the question to admin:

Is it technically possible to bring back alive this listing: 78546 so everyone can actually see what was originally listed in the ad.

Regardless, the prove is in the sellers e-mail anyway.

So i guess the lesson for everyone here is:

Be extra careful who you deal with on line, as you never know even if the goods were listed in the actual ad and you paid for them you may not still receive them as seller might start claiming that you were not supposes to receive them at all as they were not the part of the package advertised. My advise would be is to collect as many evidence/proves of the goods advertised prior making the payment for the goods. Get all the proves guys in writing as phone conversation are too hard to monitor as seller in this case was deliberately avoiding e-mails asking for phone calls.

The stolen canopy is still out there. I'm just wondering what kind of person is going to buy it after all that? I hope potential buyer will read this thread before making any decisions.

Again, any helpful info on the canopy whereabouts will be great & much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Serg

sorry to say that i have no useful info on said canopy, but i will vouch for serg. we've dealt with each other before and he is an extremely honest guy. good luck man.
I'd wait for you outside the courtoom.
Taunting; when all of your appeals were declined.

Well the guy is obviously at fault. One thing to consider if something like this happens again: the package could have been damaged in transit, losing some contents. I know that UPS will repackage items if the boxes are messed up. They have been known to "lose" pieces when doing this as well. If this happens again and it all checks out with the seller, (obviously not this case) file a complaint with the shipping service to find out what happened.

Let me get this straight, you bought a complete rig, but it was shipped minius the main, risers, and d-bag?

It almost sounds like a cutaway and the guy lost the main.

Either way, that's bullshit, and regardless of the e-mails you have or whatever, $3500 is in the price range for a complete used rig, not for a used container and reserve.

You could spend $3500 on a new container and reserve, but you'd be getting custom sizes/colors, and just about every option available. To suggest that any used container and reserve would go for that money is just plain wrong.

If the jackass is trying to tell you the main wasn't part of the deal, than ask him where YOUR risers, d-bag and pilot chute are. Those items come with the container, not the main. If he is legitimately trying to suggest that your $3500 did not include the main, he should have no problem sending you those items which go with the container.

At this point, I would contact the DZ where the rig was assembled, and see if they still know the guy. Also, I know the mods removed the complete address for the guy, but remind us all of the city and state he used for his contact info, and let's see if we can find a jumper or two who knows this guy, or where he currently jumps.

If you can find a home DZ for the guy, get in touch with them as well.

Either way, this fucknut owes you a canopy or at least $1000.

Anyone out there know this guy?

Yes, the rig was advertised complete and paid for as complete but arrived minus main, risers, pilot chute, bag and even hook knife. I could sound like a cut away loosing main apart from the fact the rig arrived with both silver and red cut away pillows.
Moreover the rig was advertised as never been jumped and container arrived spotless clean.

As i've said the seller ceased the communication & vanished pretty much immediately after the request to provide the exact colour pattern and S/N of the canopy. Those big questions were left there sitting unanswered, i had no chances to question the seller about other bits & pieces suppose to arrive with the container.

Staff member of Skydive New Mexico (where the rig was originally assembled) has responded to my post in a private e-mail.

I thoght i'd post the seller's profile here for everyone's convenience as he still logs in:

Forums : Profile : skydiver88

Last Login: Aug 3, 2009, 3:07 PM
Local Time: Aug 3, 2009, 8:29 PM

Personal Profile
Name: will stribling
Email:
Interests: well everything SKYDIVING, mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, motocross all that racing stuff, street bike (racing), snowboarding/skiing, surfing, kayaking, golfing, tennis, working out, hunting/fly and deep sea fishing, rugby....everything

City: corrales

Jump Profile
Home DZ: skydive new mexico
Jumps: 31
Years: 1

Gear
Container: Icon Sport
Main: Pilot 168 ft²
Reserve: Smart 175 ft²
AAD: No AAD entered.

you can get the original for sale posting by looking for cached pages on the net.

Google "dropzone classifieds 78546" and then instead of hitting the main link, hit cached. The original posting will come up.

Jim

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:OqXgd40a4oMJ:www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi%3FID%3D78546%3Bd%3D1+dropzone+classifieds+78546&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Jim, you are magician - thanks heaps for that bro.
I did not think about that option at all.

Hey everyone!
Here is finally the ad of the rig was originally posted for sale on DZ.com Classifieds by the seller (the asking price was later amended to $3600.00):

will stribling
Address: United States

For Sale: Icon FIRE (NEVER JUMPED)
Price: 3800 USD (OBO)

Shipping: Buyer Pays Shipping

Im selling my Icon container with NO jumps. It has a pilot 168 and a smart reserve. None of it has been jumped. If youre interested just email me.
Bookmark Bookmark this Ad ID: 78546 | Expires on: 2009-08-01

Yes, i have. Seller was not willing to do so saying that the deal was complete.

Interestingly though, how some people assume that as soon as they receive the payment the deal is concluded and they don't really care whether the other other party is satisfied, or whether they fulfilled their obligations as a seller.

Im selling my Icon container with NO jumps. It has a pilot 168 and a smart reserve.

It does actually not say that he is selling the container. I agree that it implies that the main and reserve are included, but ......

At best the ad is unclear. Either he is lying and intended to rip you off or you and he had different understandings of the deal. Either way you are entitled to your money back. Is there no small claims court or Judge Judy you can take this too...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

I believe If somebody in this case was seriously trying to analyse all the facts in this the matter a lot of it would become just obvious and clear as black & white:

1. The rig was advertised in complete gear section, not in containers only;
2. The rig was shipped along with the reserve canopy only. As per "stop45" approach the seller could ship just the container alone but yet still included the reserve canopy (interesting, isn't it?);
3. Again by using the same approach the seller clearly indicated that none of the parts of the rig has been jumped (what parts?, if it was just the contaner);
4. Seller refused to issue the refund for the rig eventhough it was requested; (i believe the buyer is 100% entitled for it)
5. Agan as per "stop45" approach the price it was advertised under was far exceeding all the reasonable expectations someone could sell that Icon container for (there is no doubts about that);
6. And finally in one of his e-mails seller clearly indicated that he was going to take pics of the main canopy and provide S/N for all parts of it. (again what parts? if it was just the container, but strangely he even mentioned the canopy)

There are so many proves in the whole thread of the seller's intention to rip the buyer off, with none of the proves from the buyer that would indicate that the main canopy was not part of the deal.

This is a very strange situation indeed...

I know Will personally and became very good friends with him as he progressed in the sport and slowly slipped out of it... while I haven't talked to the guy in over a year, I will say that this doesn't seem like something he would try to "pull." I can assure you it's not a money wire fraud situation... if nothing else, he 1) wouldn't think to do that and 2) would probably be too lazy to do that.

I would love to say that this is a case of horrible misunderstandings and poor communication, but I am simple not in a place to pass a judgement. I entered this thread due to the surprise of seeing a name I know very well posted in the header...

I'll try to make some calls and enlighten myself or others on the situation.... good luck with all of this, whatever comes out of it.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Based on the information provided by the OP, I would have to say that this guy is definately ripping you off. He sold you a complte rig and advertised it as such. He failed to deliver on a complete rig, this is not a case of poor communication or a misunderstanding; it's thievery and just plain f'ed up.

The guy who sold you the rig deserves nothing shy of a curb stomp.

Perhaps a mod or site administrator can do a trace on the guys IP.

Don't give in bro, you deserve either a canopy or cash back. But the seller still gets curb stomped.

Serg says he got ripped off, then he got ripped off. He would not have posted this thread lightly.

Serg saying he got ripped off is like a manufacturer saying to me that I have an invoice to pay.

So now that we have established he got ripped off.......

I have a 35% off micron voucher with 25% off options and 30% off a Aerodyne main canopy and 25% off a Aerodyne reserve canopy for anyone who gets the fucker to pay up or send the main canopy to him.

EDIT: this is no way reflects that I do not think Serg is a Prick. He is still a prick, just an honest prick.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Hi everyone.

Sorry for pushing up this thread again but I'll try be short this time.

Just would like to declare a happy ending - missing canopy has been located and delivered successfully to the buyer.
The outcome of the whole story would still be unknown without understanding, support & help of some Skydive NM stuff members and other jumpers - very much appreciated.

I hope everyone and especially the seller has learned something out of it - i really do.

Blues,
Serg

Wow, this guy has just been called a thief, had all his emails shared with the world and now there is a happy ending?

HEe and his friends must be furiously pissed off with you serg.

That is some serious shit to post and have 2000+ people read and make opinions and then just to say happy ending over it all.

I bet it aint happy for him.

I hope you think twice before doing this again to someone as you are a parachute distributor and this is part of business. YOu dont fuck peoples names over like that in a public forum.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Dear Gary, before making this post i bet you did not read the whole thread all the way from the top, or completely forgot the details of it, or did not have enough sleep last night or whatever....
I'm really sorry telling you that.

I don't fuck peoples names over like that unless i really have to.

The only reason "happy ending" was declared that the canopy has been finally delivered to the buyer with the seller realysing/explaining/educating of his wrongdoing. And I'd like to emphasize it again that it only happened because of understanding, support & help of some staff members from Skydive NM and other local jumpers, otherwise the outcome of whole this issue would still be unknown. This was not what everyone would call an "honest mistake" in widely accepted terms but deliberate actions of wrongdoing by the seller.

Dear Gary, before making this post i bet you did not read the whole thread all the way from the top, or completely forgot the details of it, or did not have enough sleep last night or whatever....
I'm really sorry telling you that.

I don't fuck peoples names over like that unless i really have to.

The only reason "happy ending" was declared that the canopy has been finally delivered to the buyer with the seller realysing/explaining/educating of his wrongdoing. And I'd like to emphasize it again that it only happened because of understanding, support & help of some staff members from Skydive NM and other local jumpers, otherwise the outcome of whole this issue would still be unknown. This was not what everyone would call an "honest mistake" in widely accepted terms but deliberate actions of wrongdoing by the seller.

You should of said that then.

You dont just say everything you have said and had people vouch for you and stick up for you and the come back with a little post saying it is a happy ending. You explain what happenedas you have had 2000 people waatching this thread.

Serg, What are you going on about me not having enough sleep? What has that got to do with this forum? Pretty sure you only know about my sleeping pattern from personal conversations on the telephone. I dont think commenting on that in these public forums is very cool at all.

All I did was ask a question and in return have had a few emails form others saying thank you for asking it.

So the seller is still someone that is a fraudster and a conman as that is what this entire thread has applied and if you have read the thread you will notice that this is the impression you have let people believe....... So is this the case or not?

Do we all have to stay away from dealings with person. Do we have to watch out for his scams as you have told us all to?

Im glad you got your canopy but you need to know how it looks from an outsiders point, and that is what my question was, and I know and like you Serg. So take it for what it is, not as a personal attack.

As far as everyone who has ever looked in the gear forums is concerned is that Will is a scammer. Is this the case?

if it is not, then you need to clear it up and not just say it is a happy ending.

I know you willargue back with me on this but thats because you dont care for my opinion on an outsider point of view and what you have made me think.

Serg, Please dont comment on our personal business phone calls in the public forums.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store