Boris73

Atom legend R Sizes

Do you know what size pd reserve or a similar brand will be able to fit in. It seems a bit of a joke to have a 190 canopy, and if you have to chop go down to a 155:o Thanks for your help

It's probably not the time to try swooping for the first time after your first cutaway!!! :P:P:P

Ps why the fascination with the Atom?

It would be my second cutaway;) As for my fascination... I don't know really. I only like two containers that are on the market, and they are the Mirage and you have guessed it, the Atom Legend R. I like how they have managed to produce a small container but still able to fit a 190 into it. I also love the yellow foam with black mesh netting, looks seriously cool. It's little things like that, that impress me, besides everyone has a javelin. Saying that it might be due to PDF taking ages to make 1 container:D

The Legend R is one of the best containers on the market. It lasts forever, is very comfortable and safe.
Now that they're back to normal business, delivery time is around 3 months. Two years ago, they made a special deal and people have had to wait up to 18 months to get their stuff! >:(
So, if you're not bothered by their shitty after sale service, go for it.

And to answer your question, you can easily put a Techno 155 or an Optimum 176 in a 0, and a Techno 170 or an Optimum 193 in a 0,5.

The Legend R is one of the best containers on the market. It lasts forever, is very comfortable and safe.
Now that they're back to normal business, delivery time is around 3 months. Two years ago, they made a special deal and people have had to wait up to 18 months to get their stuff! >:(
So, if you're not bothered by their shitty after sale service, go for it.

But looking online i cannot even find a website for them!

Do you have contact details?

If so could you pm them to me?

But looking online i cannot even find a website for them!

Do you have contact details?

If so could you pm them to me?

you didn't do your homework correctly did you ??

www.aerazur.com/fr/parachute-et-protection/sacs-harnais.html

and as they say... BONNE CHANCE
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Thanks for that!

To be fair I did follow several links including the ones from the GEAR section of DZ.com and none of them worked.

I then googled it and couldn't find a link in the first few pages under terms such as 'parachutes de france' 'atom legend' and other random things that i thought of!

I even followed a link to the main aerazur site but couldn't find the link to the rigs! (I must be getting senile!):)

Okay Which rig would you recommend I can get this Mirage G4 but in size M4 http://www.miragesys.com/store/?cid=100&iid=40 Or this atom, same camo etc http://www.dzsports.co.uk/atom-legend-r-176-p.asp

The Mirage would cost me $2775 in total (if I get a friend to pick it up from the states) and the Atom Legend R would cost me about $3250

I'd personally go for the Mirage - but to be fair i've never jumped the atom so i cannot comment on how good the container is.

My reasons for choosing the Mirage:-

I've jumped a few Mirages G3 and G4 - they've been comfortable and seem well made. They aren't the cheapest but they seem to be good quality and reliable (and they look pretty good too!).

It seems to be fair to say that the recent issue's with delivery and PdF's attitude to those that had to wait were not exactly brilliant.

I've worked for many companies and we all screw up - but it's what we do once we've screwed things up that sorts the good companies from the bad, and judging by the many replies on a few of the forums (just do a search on some of the BB's) it seems that PdF didn't really do much to help out those that were adversely affected.

So whilst the container may be good, when you purchase a rig you are also (hopefully) purchasing something that comes with the backing of a good company behind it as well!

To quote another poster on this thread "Good Luck" if you choose to go for the Atom...

And to answer your question, you can easily put a Techno 155 or an Optimum 176 in a 0, and a Techno 170 or an Optimum 193 in a 0,5.

There is no such thing as a Techno 170 ;-).
But any 170 reserve would do....

You're right, typed too fast... ;)