cpuck

Camera Helmet

What is the newest, smallest, highest quality video, camera helmet?Something more advanced than a gopro. I was thinking about cookie composites new setup with the TG-1. Give me some other ideas! Thanks for the help!

There's a whole forum dedicated to this. Start with the FAQ thread there. There is also a gear section on here dedicated to reviews. Unfortunately, there's no camera review section, but there are helmets.

Newest, smallest, highest quality video... some of these are conflicting requirements. You're going to have to decide what is more important, but if your jump numbers are accurate you'll have plenty of time to think about that. Now is not the time to be strapping a helmet to your head.

There's a whole forum dedicated to this. Start with the FAQ thread there. There is also a gear section on here dedicated to reviews. Unfortunately, there's no camera review section, but there are helmets.

Newest, smallest, highest quality video... some of these are conflicting requirements. You're going to have to decide what is more important, but if your jump numbers are accurate you'll have plenty of time to think about that. Now is not the time to be strapping a helmet to your head.

Now is always the time to be strapping a helmet to your head... just not a camera to that helmet ;)

Now with that said there is nothing wrong with picking out a helmet now that you will use to carry your camera later. 200 jumps comes pretty fast if you jump on any regular basis.

There is a lot of good information in the photo & video forum... The Sony CX-100 seems to be quite a popular camera at the moment... as for helmets there are a lot of options... personally I started out using a RAWA helmet but grew out of it quickly and moved on to a Flat Top Pro which has allowed a lot more versitility then a side mount platform... and it looks a lot more professional when I'm interviewing tandem students.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...