BETO74

More Teacher Humor

Who knows if this is true, but it is funny anyway.
This is hilarious, no wonder some people were offended!

This is the message that the Pacific Palisades High School (California) Staff voted unanimously to record on their school telephone answering machine. This came about because they implemented a policy requiring students and parents to be responsible for their children's absences and missing homework. The school and teachers are being sued by parents who want their children's failing grades changed to passing grades even though those children were absent 15-30 times during the semester and did not complete enough school work to pass their classes.

This is the actual answering machine message for the school:

"Hello! You have reached the automated answering service of your school. In order to assist you in connecting the right staff member, please listen to all your options before making a selection:

"To lie about why your child is absent - Press 1

“To make excuses for why your child did not do his work- Press 2

"To complain about what we do - Press 3

"To swear at staff members - Press 4

"To ask why you didn't get information that was already enclosed in your newsletter and several flyers mailed to you - Press 5

"If you want us to raise your child - Press 6

"If you want to reach out and touch, slap or hit someone - Press 7

"To request another teacher for the third time this year- Press 8

"To complain about bus transportation - Press 9

"To complain about school lunches - Press 0

"If you realize this is the real world and your child must be accountable and responsible for his/her own behavior, class work, homework, and that it's not the teachers' fault for your child's lack of effort: Hang up and have a nice day!"

If you can read this thank a teacher.

If you are reading it in English thank a veteran.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Typical public school crap. And the next vote they wanted more money, smaller classes and a shorter work day.

You must have gone to a private school. 25-30 is our normal class size. A raise...you must be joking! Most kids fresh out of college make more than I do as a 14 year teacher. A shorter work day, ok. I work from 7:30-4:00 with no break for lunch because I'm monitoring children every day, then take 3-4 hours of work home every night. I also use my planning time to contact parents who seem oblivious to their child's lack of interest or rude behavior. There used to be a time if a child got in trouble at school they got in trouble at home, but now :S the teacher gets in trouble for correcting the child.

Oh and somewhere in between this I manage to raise my own two children who are honor roll students by myself, cook and clean my own home and still find a little time for me at the end of it all.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Typical public school crap. And the next vote they wanted more money, smaller classes and a shorter work day.

What on earth would possess you to make such an unfounded inflamatory statement? Why would you ever even remotely come to such a mistaken and wrong conclusion? :| Maybe you were joking and I am being oversensitive? I sincerely hope so. [:/]

My sister is a teacher and has put up with a lot of crap about her profession.
My comment for those that love to take shots at teachers comes down to "walk a mile in their shoes".

I am not a teacher but I do know one thing for sure: I couldn't put up with the kids and their parents

I forwarded this to my sister because true or not she deserves a smile!
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

This comment wins the "Best of the Year" in smart assed faceitiousness.

Right -

I mean - seriously - he thinks this way?:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yeah........ Yeah.......... I agree overly paid teacher read this!!1

Teachers are paid too much! I'm fed up with teachers and their hefty salaries for only 9 months work! What we need here is a little perspective. If I had my way, I'd pay teachers baby sitting wages.

That's right. Instead of paying their current outrageous salaries, I'd give them $3.00 an hour. And, I'm only going to pay them for 6 hours of work, not planning time or lunches. That would be $18.00 a day. Each parent should pay $18.00 a day for these teachers to baby sit their children. Even if they have more than one child, it's still way cheaper than private day care.

Now, how many children do they teach a day? Maybe 25? That's $18.00 x 25 = $450.00 a day. But remember, they only work 180 days a year! I'm not going to pay them for all the vacations: $450.00 x 180 = $81,000.

What will teachers say about those who have 10 years of experience and a master's degree? Well, maybe (just to be fair) they could get the minimum wage. We can round that off to about $6.00 an hour. $6.00 x 6 x 25. That's $900 a day times 180 days. That's only $162,000.

Wait a minute! There's something wrong here...;)
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

YEA!!!!!!!!!

Parents can be some of the biggest enablers on the planet.
Had a student once whos mother came in and told me my homework was too hard. It was a work sheet for multiplication of two-digit numbers- the student was in 7th grade!

Ain't that a kick in the @@@
http://www.curtisglennphotography.com

Spoken like someone who has NO CLUE as to what teachers actually do.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I've had many teachers throughout the years that really put in extra effort to make their classes interesting and rewarding, I've also had several that clearly didn't give a shit, and I'd gladly push in front of a speeding bus.

I learned a lot from both.

You must have gone to a private school. 25-30 is our normal class size. A raise...you must be joking! Most kids fresh out of college make more than I do as a 14 year teacher. A shorter work day, ok. I work from 7:30-4:00 with no break for lunch because I'm monitoring children every day, then take 3-4 hours of work home every night. I also use my planning time to contact parents who seem oblivious to their child's lack of interest or rude behavior. There used to be a time if a child got in trouble at school they got in trouble at home, but now :S the teacher gets in trouble for correcting the child.

Oh and somewhere in between this I manage to raise my own two children who are honor roll students by myself, cook and clean my own home and still find a little time for me at the end of it all.

*walks up behind Lisa and spins her around and wraps both my arms around her waist, picks her up in the air spinning her around and gives her a huge back cracking hug that is ment to show her just how much i love her and how much i will never be able to thank her enough for being a tough teacher, a single mother, a wonderful friend, and one cool ass skydivin chica!!*:)

Any other teachers want a hug?:)
My mom has been a teacher of english in high school and college for as long as I have been alive. If someone thinks teachers are whining to much about pay, class size, or work day length they need to shut the fuck up b/c these people create our future and have to put up with more shit than they can imagine. :|
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

these people create our future and have to put up with more shit than they can imagine

tru dat..... heck justthe shit i did in school should be enough to turnof anyone from teaching......

Here's another teacher joke. Probably not true, but a bit funny.

A beautiful teacher is handing out an assignment due the next day and says 'there's no excuse for turning it late. None.'

A football player asks "What about extreme sexual exhaustion?"

Before the class can laugh the teacher responds 'Then write with the other hand.'

Then the class laughed.

:D:D
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Any other teachers want a hug?

ME,,... But not from you .:D:D:D

LISAAA:$ you huggin other teachers:)

You are so on my Squeakie friend. I give good monkey hugs too!:)

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Yeah, you are right. I shouldnt generalize all teachers into that catagory. I just went to a bad school. Sorry teachers out there. If it were up to me you would all be paid hat you deserve and not put up with lazy parents.

I read the story posted by someone else on here and it turned out to be a private school.

Sorry again.