Jasgent

Help on buying new/used Gear 5K budget

Greetings everyone who reads this, thanks for you help in advance. I am out here in Iraq working in the military contracting business. I have been thinking of buying gear to be ready for when I return to the states. I have plenty of money saved up now and think it is about time I get serious into the sport.

I have 95 jumps under my belt and I am 6’2” at 230. I am physically fit, not a fat-body, in case that is relevant. I am looking to buy new/used gear and would love some help or knowledge, as my time is limited and internet is not always available as to what you all recommend.

I would like to spend under $5,000 and I know I want a pure black container and probably a pure black canopy, maybe some blue. Either wa y it has been years since I have investigated any skydiving related issues as I have had other things on my plate but I think I am ready to plunge myself into this sport and I definitely want to own my own gear.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated—type of container (looking cool is a big part of anything), what type of parachute and reserve, and safety AAD. I plan on purchasing it while still out of the country hoping to have it on my back the first weekend I get home.

Thanks again in advance.

i would buy this rig. brand new.
http://www.chutingstargear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=81_85&products_id=673

Wings/Smart/Pilot/Vigil II
$5,140.00
Complete rig package deal from ChutingStar includes Wings container, Smart reserve, Pilot main and Vigil II AAD. Container options extra.

Add about $500-$700 on for options. But that is a good price.

You could also buy a Icon-Pilot-Smart-Cypres 2 for about $5700 including all options. I can help you pay off the $700 on top if you need it. (as in give you time to pay). I am sure MIke at chutingstar will also arrange something for you.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

exactly, inquire about your military discounts. Aerodyne offers, i believe is 35%. But chutingstar will throw together a package with your discount pretty close to you going thru all the mfg's and piecing together a rig. Good luck and Blue Skies.

looks like you already got some good advice. I got a New Wings with options and new fusion main and r-max reserve for 3800 excluding AAD hopefully getting that soon.. I love my wings and it is very comfortable. and I do believe they have military discount.
I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.