Kennedy

Re-Gifting, Is It OK?

So, if you get something you never really wanted and will never use (and doesn't bring you any great joy), is it ok to re-gift it to someone else?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

passing it on to someone who WOULD want it, makes the gift a good thing rather than a waste sitting unwanted.;)
ei: I get stuff "for Dodge Ram 2004 model"
well, I bought >HER a Truck< not me (last Christmas)
So, I give it to her;)(good thing we're together again:ph34r:)

it's OK as long as the person who gave it to you won't be able to find out about it.
;)

Someone once gave me this big, bulky, ugly sweater for Christmas. It sat in the closet for about a year. The next year I donated it along with some other stuff to this charity that was collecting clothes/canned goods/other stuff for local shelters.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Re-Gifting is cheap and tasteless.

Look at that, you and I can agree on stuff.

I fully agree. It's more the thought that goes behind the gift than getting the gift. It's about spending times with someone you love or care for.

I could care less if I get a gift to unwrap (although I doubt I am going to get the only thing I asked for this year [:/])- I usually buy what I want for myself and don't need someone to get me more stuff. But if someone has gone out of their way to invest time and/or money into getting me something - that is what really matters.

If you don't care to spend the time to get something for someone, then don't get them a gift. I never give out of obligation.

Not re-gifting, but I did reuse the packaging. I bought a router about a month ago. I had the box laying around and used it to pack a gift.

I was giving a bathrobe to the daughter of a friend.

When she tore off the wrapping last night, her aunt saw the box and asked, "What on Earth did you buy her?"

I replied, "I think every 5 yo should have their own router. Think she'll like it?"

Anyway, the "Brats" bathrobe was just what she wanted. :)

I replied, "I think every 5 yo should have their own router. Think she'll like it?" ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now that's funnyB|
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

My girlfriend can tell all sorts of stories about that. :P

(but won't do it on the forum again to avoid being blasted by holier-than-thou types)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*