freeflir29

Damn what crazy shit!

i see your point but are you saying that if its natural then its ok that people dies??

All it takes is one look at the pictures of the aftermath to disprove this. There are photos of men and women screaming in pain and agony at the loss of homes, loved ones, lives, etc. No one is saying this is beautiful.

What is beautiful is the actual event....not the aftermath!

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its natural then its ok that people dies??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is more natural then that?

i were just told that 911 wasnt natural..
People dies each day by natural or not it hurt their loved once period..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

but what about florida,and were were it that you had a big fire this year aswell. did you guys rush out there to be apart of it just to watch??

Nope, but i sure as hell did watch the coverage...in complete and utter awe of the fact that nature has us all by the nuts....we are dangling in her grasp. The ability to see and understand that we cannot and never will be able to control that....respecting what she can do yes...I did sit and watch....Not to see the lives lost, that is the sad part, but seeing the truth that on this world we are no more then little peions that at any given point can be smashed...just like that pile of ants you stepped on with out knowing ;)

As humans we have become ignorant to what is around us on this earth and in nature, we have developed a god complex.....we are not the supreme beings here, and we are destroying this planet at an alarming rate.....she is fighting back...that my friend I am in Awe of....

I feel a horrible loss to those people who lost houses and family members.....no question there, but being in awe of the natural destrution...there is nothing wrong there, it is a respect thing.

Im sorry you dont see it that way, it is a shame, sitting out in lightning storms, is the most amazing thing in the world....blizzards, horrible rain...it is all nature, something we have no control over, something that can both sustain life and take it away......
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

All it takes is one look at the pictures of the aftermath to disprove this.

thanks then please finish the aftermath on this one.. people has counted 23000 dead people as we speak and the #´s are rasing.

All i say is that you atleast should show the involved some respect before speaking about how cool it were... Not all people has been found yet,perhaps one of them is one you know.. please think of that.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

i were just told that 911 wasnt natural

it wasn't. period. People dying is natural, but an organized terrorist group flying two jet ariliners into a building was not natural or ever will be. If a Tornado had hit the buildings then the cause and effect would have been natural, not just the effect. And with that I am done, have a coke and a smile...

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Take a tsunami...put it in a place where all humans and life (animals, birds, insects, etc.) have been removed from the location and are 100% safe and watch what nature does. Look at the beauty of the ocean swelling with such large waves. Feel the power of nature. That is what people are commenting on.

besides such a place dosnt exist but a place were 23000 people just died does..

Its ok that you guys dont want to talk human disastors.
but what about florida,and were were it that you had a big fire this year aswell. did you guys rush out there to be apart of it just to watch??

Faber...Either you're not getting my point because:

1. I'm not explaining it well and with the cultural/language differences, there is a translation issue.

or

2. You're refusing to get my point because you refuse to look at things objectively.

Either way...I've stated my point multiple times and have tried multiple times to get you to understand my point - notice I did not say agree with my point just understand.

And for whatever reason, you do not understand it. Therefore, I'm done trying to get my point across.

I sincerely hope that you have lost no one you care about and no one you care about has lost someone.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

All i say is that you atleast should show the involved some respect before speaking about how cool it were... Not all people has been found yet,perhaps one of them is one you know.. please think of that.

Yes, if someone close to me died in this incident I would be pained deeply. I would cry and mourn the loss of such person in my life.

I would also still remain amazed at such a rare and beautiful occurance. It's not that I am cold-hearted...I simply respect Mother Nature in all of her glory and wrath!

With that, ladies and gentlemen, I am bowing out of this debate. It's getting a little too heated here in The Bonfire for me. (did ya get the pun?) :)

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

I feel a horrible loss to those people who lost houses and family members.....no question there, but being in awe of the natural destrution...there is nothing wrong there, it is a respect thing.

which is what i pointed that i think there werent showed.
the respct is showed to the nature but not the dead once...

Im sorry you dont see it that way, it is a shame, sitting out in lightning storms, is the most amazing thing in the world....blizzards, horrible rain...it is all nature, something we have no control over, something that can both sustain life and take it away......

i do like seeing the weather/nature work but i really dont like seeing people getting killed over it and i wouldnt which my at a place like that.
If i see it and survive i can only be happy.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

The whole discussion is the fact that the act in which these people were killed is what we are in awe off....not the fact that they died...but how they died. Mother nature took them out.....and yes you could argue 9-11 was also nature, but it was a human planned attack....vs something that NO HUMAN can stop....period. big difference. Death sucks anywhich way it happens....

The discussion is the fact that nature reared its ugly head on us AGAIN, showing amazing brute force. for that matter those fuckers from 9-11 did a amazing job with what they were doing and got thru and it happend.....so there is a bit of oh shit, a bit of reality to the fact that we are so unsafe in this world. We think we are, but we are not, if we dont take ourselves out, mother nature will...one way or another

You had said it was insensitive to be in awe of death....of the cause of death. I and a few others dissagree. Death is the unknown to us...we dont know what lies for us after, each have there own ways of dealing with that. But to not sit back, study and read what kills us...be it stupid humans? Nature? what do we learn???? Nothing.

Nature is something to be in awe off...period....
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Cause my Granddaddy's shiny brand new Panzer IV was the first to cross the Danish border just 5km north of Flensburg, and he did not stop till he ran out of land to drive on. And I don't remeber him mentioning any fighting going on :)

Tells more about you and your family than on the danish people..
if i rember correct he left anyway didnt he...:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

disrupted the Earth's rotation.

Usually when something like this happens, there is immediately someone comparing it to tons of TNT or # of atomic bombs in terms of energy released. Anyone run across a number?
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I think this argument is getting nowhere but all I want to say is that I agree with you in that if the natural event is in a place with no people or animals, communities etc then yes of course you would be awe inspired but it isnt a natural "disaster" then, its a "natural event" and surely this is where the line must be drawn....

I think what people here are getting upset about is that this wasnt the case in south east asia...you CANT just take the people away and take the suffering away, because its happened, to do that is to deny they exist. These people WERE there and DID die and at the end of the day people will have to agree to disagree...I personally find it hard to imagine this situation minus the people or the damage - as faber said: take away the natural disaster and what do you get?

And my final point is that people in America or the UK or wherever there may be a disaster, tend to have insurance, access to medical aid or at least a government with money...so for us it is maybe a little easier to laugh and joke, we have probably never experienced total loss - the people in Asia have lost everything and will probably never ever get anything back.

Each to their own on this one people...there is little point in a bunch of skydivers getting at each other's throats...lets just try and remember the people who have nowhere to sleep tonight or nothing for breakfast tomorrow....

And with that said, I too am bowing out of this debate. [:/]
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

claiming the earthquake that kicked it off disrupted the Earth's rotation.

Shouldn't believe everything you read.

Gee thanks for your brilliant insight. Where did I say I believed it? I commented that I read it. Didn't express an opinion on it one way or another.

Unlike you in another thread where you're putting in your $.02 regarding something you have no peronsal experience with whatsoever.

***And my final point is that people in America or the UK or wherever there may be a disaster, tend to have insurance, access to medical aid or at least a government with money...so for us it is maybe a little easier to laugh and joke, we have probably never experienced total loss - the people in Asia have lost everything and will probably never ever get anything back.***

Well here you go...here's your chance to help.

http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/international/earthquake/tsunami122604.aspx/?souce=AOL&cmpgn=CRS

claiming the earthquake that kicked it off disrupted the Earth's rotation.

Shouldn't believe everything you read.

Why not? It's perfectly possible. Hell, every time we launch a rocket to orbit it effects the earths orbit, just in miniscule amounts.

A large-magnitude quake, and the resulting tectonic shift, will definitely have some effect upon that.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Oh and PS. Let's have a little bit of common decency and respect to those who are suffering this unimaginable tragedy right now and not write this off as some beautiful natural occurance that has no relevence to our lives.

This has relevence to my life. A close friend of my family was there with his family. His hotel collapsed while he was taking a nap. So far, I have heard that they were able to find his body, and he is alive. Sadly, his wife and daughter were taking a walk on the beach, and it is thought that they were swept away into the ocean where it is believed that they have drowned. I need more specifics (the facts may be off), but from what I know so far, this is devastating news.

I don't know what to call it, but I am one of those cursed people who seems to have "premonitions". I had told my boyfriend (who also felt it), brother and mother that some huge natural disaster was upcoming. I told them that there would be massive amounts of death. I could literally feel it for weeks leading up to this. It's been quite depressing. We all could be touched by any disaster in this world. Still, I do feel that the earth and mother nature is beautiful to behold, even with catastrophes like this that leave us all in awe of the earth and how powerless we can be at times.

I wanted to share because we never know if or when we will be affected by news like this. Let those whom you love know that they are loved, always.

I'm going back to bed...I am really, really sick today.

Since no warning was given does that mean it's acceptable to use those exact words against another poster in the future?

Did you ever think too see that there are no Mod's on right now.....hrrrm????? Give it a rest, it will be delt with when a mod has a chance to get online.....
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

you are a fu**ing sicko

Since no warning was given does that mean it's acceptable to use those exact words against another poster in the future?

Nice try...
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

You really are pathetic....did you fail to note that someone has used the word FU*K in the subject of a recent post? Im very sorry if you are offended by my language, but frankly...I am offended by you.
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1