freeflir29

Damn what crazy shit!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not being funny, but you are a fu**ing sicko..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies and gentlemen..........the captain has illuminated the black humor sarcasm light. Please feel free to deal with awful things through humor

you felf so aswell about 911??? guess not
Death is not a place to fuck arround making jokes>:(If you choose to do so then atleast do it when somone close to you flyes away,then you will get my respect,but making fun about a disastor aint fun at all..

This is a genneral post not directed to the post i replyed to..

my feelings goes to al involved:|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

There are many ways that people deal with tragic situations - including humor. Do not assume that just because the nationality happens to be American that we find it funny that people died. >:( It totally sucks that people died...especially children. No one here is saying "Hell...yeah...people died" so take a chill pill.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

From CNN: In Sri Lanka, where tidal waves swept ashore two-and-a-half hours after the initial earthquake struck Indonesia's Sumatra islands, The Associated Press said residents expressed disbelief that there was no warning.

It was an earthquacke and related phenomena. Not like they mail a business card before visiting.

-------------------------------------------------

The Tsunami hit Sri Lanka 2 and a half HOURS after the initial earthquake!!!!!!!!!!!.....After some places had already been hit by the enormous wave!!!!!!!
A warning could have and should have been issued to the residents of Sri Lanka, India and the rest. The knowledge of the forth coming wave was there, it just wasn't shared with the general public. To me, that is an atrocity in itself .

HUMANITY
NOUN:
1. Humans considered as a group; the human race.
2. The condition or quality of being human.
3. The quality of being humane; benevolence.
4. A humane characteristic, attribute, or act.

Oh and PS. Let's have a little bit of common decency and respect to those who are suffering this unimaginable tragedy right now and not write this off as some beautiful natural occurance that has no relevence to our lives. Just because it's not on our soil, that doesn't mean we have the right to be insensitive. We weren't insensitive when the Hurricanes hit Florida were we?

Do not assume that just because the nationality happens to be American that we find it funny that people died. >:(

then simply respect it.We did under 911 and we still does.
would you like a post like that in a tread that were for people you cared about were spoken about in that way?
I guess not

"Hell...yeah...people died" so take a chill pill.

i did on the wrong side up my ass,it still dont work guess that even the strongest chill pill dont work at some point huh..

hope you dont try to loose a close one one day it will be a wake up call>:(

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Im not being funny, but you are a fu**ing sicko..

Ladies and gentlemen..........the captain has illuminated the black humor sarcasm light. Please feel free to deal with awful things through humor

you felf so aswell about 911??? guess not
Death is not a place to fuck arround making jokes>:(If you choose to do so then atleast do it when somone close to you flyes away,then you will get my respect,but making fun about a disastor aint fun at all..

This is a genneral post not directed to the post i replyed to..

my feelings goes to al involved:|

Stefan, I understand what you are trying to say,, but even when I would crack jokes about my Grandmother passing away a ferw years back people would get offended, even though they never met her or had ever heard of her before then. What we are getting is more people who just want to be offended about something, and being able to feel abused/harrased/offended. And to follow with faber, this has absolutely nothig to do with the rest of the thread or people posting on it. MY next post will, however

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Oh and PS. Let's have a little bit of common decency and respect to those who are suffering this unimaginable tragedy right now and not write this off as some beautiful natural occurance that has no relevence to our lives. Just because it's not on our soil, that doesn't mean we have the right to be insensitive. We weren't insensitive when the Hurricanes hit Florida were we?

Are you saying those of us that think an act of Mother Nature is something to be in awe about are insensitive? I was very sensitive to the people that were effected by the hurricanes in Florida, but then again you don't know me and what I did to help my friends that live there. ( I still think the hurricans that hit Florida must have been something to see. I know, I've lived through a few.)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

You goy a few things right and a few things wrong:

1. Yes I am a fucking sicko - bullseye, that I really am and most who know me will agree...so what.

2. Natural disasters hit not only my country but my state in particular (Florida) several times a year. Same difference, I still love them.

3. I would have loved to be there...yes I would. I would have loved to be able to enjoy nature's true power. Its perfect!!! Two and a half years ago during the seasson's strongest hurricane I went deep sea kayaking off the coast of New Smyrna Beach, Florida. I survived. I saw it, lived it and enjoyed it.

So once again: a true tour-de-force of nature. An exquisit event! Spectacular. Wonderful.

(If you disagree with my oppinions and can't live with them, please drown your sorrows in fine British ale or cry yourself to death)
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

you know i might be abit sencitive i DIDNT hear from some people down there yet....

one thing is making fun of somthing loong ago another thing is to do it as it happen.

I were a firefighter once aswell,i also learned how to make humor about stuff but ALWAY first afterwards..

Please have respect for thouse people who has died,will die and thouse they left after a disastor...

to a note to the person "it happened in Florida not a big deal",you didnt live there? i guess thouse people didnt/do think so..
the Earthquake that just happened is the biggest in 40 years.. now go figure
if 23000people already has died how many more will then do from now on?? a disator dont stop just like that.
Theese people dont have the mony to rebuil

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

September 11th - The company I was working for had many firms which were considered part of our "family" in the twin towers. We lost people that day...people we considered part of our family. I was there shortly after it happened and saw the total devastation and felt the intense emotional reaction to the place, and I cried. It totally sucked. I do understand that people deal with tragedies in different ways - some withdraw, some cry, some get angry, some use humor. So do not assume, Faber, what would/would not offend me. My condolences go out to those who lost friends and family members.

hope you dont try to loose a close one one day it will be a wake up call >:(

No offense (and honestly none intended), but I'm not quite following what you mean by the above. If you are talking about one day I might lose someone who's close to me...see above. I, also, have people that I consider very close friends of mine that are in the military - and are in positions that there is a good chance they go overseas, they will not return. I accept that death happens. Do I like it? No...no one does. Would humor help the situation? You know what...laughter does help the healing process - whether you chose to allow yourself to be offended by those who use humor as a way to heal or try and help someone heal is 100% up to you.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

You proved my point exactly Mar.
We're all so sensitive when it happens to us or our friends, on our soil.

I don't feel like going back and reading the threads about the Florida hurricanes, but I'm sure there wasn't even the faintest bit of insensitivity.

What I was getting at earlier is this:
We all need to realize that we're all brothers and sisters here on Mother Earth...
and there's a fine line between disrespect/insensitivity and using humor to "deal" with a tragedy.

That's all

You know what...laughter does help the healing process - whether you chose to allow yourself to be offended by those who use humor as a way to heal or try and help someone heal is 100% up to you.

i do some how agree but a healing proces first allow to get off that sorrow you have.
Dont tell me that you stood up 1011 and had a laugh about it all.

As said please respect the dead once and the left behinds,if you experienced as you said you would understand....

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

What I was getting at earlier is this:
We all need to realize that we're all brothers and sisters here on Mother Earth...
and there's a fine line between disrespect/insensitivity and using humor to "deal" with a tragedy.

amen

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Once again, you don't know me, you have no idea what I've already done to help man kind overseas.

Again, you didn't anwer the question I asked you earlier. Just because some of us are in awe with Mother Nature, that makes us insensitivite?

If you perceived some one's humor as being insensitive then there is nothing the person can say to change your mind. What makes you right and the other person wrong?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

HI Jraf

different stokes for different folks.

I don't remember how many people died in florida this hurican season 100-200 people. Wasn't their at least 6 hr's evacuation warning?:S

This event (Tsunami) with NO warnings has resulted in 23,000 death's and that number will probably increase by 10-30% so we're looking at 30,000 death's: men, women and children.

Besides loss of life, theirs the loss of homes, lievlyhood, involving millions of human beings, and the terror of not knowing when the next wave will hit.

Comparing this event to the hurrican in florida is like compareing a zit to cancer.

Your clic in the Bonfire may support you , to bad your attitude don't pass the smell test.:(

Keep this attitude in SC.

R.I.P.

You know what...laughter does help the healing process - whether you chose to allow yourself to be offended by those who use humor as a way to heal or try and help someone heal is 100% up to you.

i do some how agree but a healing proces first allow to get off that sorrow you have.
Dont tell me that you stood up 1011 and had a laugh about it all.

As said please respect the dead once and the left behinds,if you experienced as you said you would understand....

Sep. 11th - no...didn't laugh. My reaction was WTF did I just see? Is it real? Pinch me and make me wake up. That, also, wasn't a natural disaster - that was a terrorist act.

Where the issue is coming in with this entire thread is the fact that some people find beauty in nature - even at it's most fierce - and that some people use humor to deal with the situation because in laughter, it doesn't hurt as much.

Faber...you're healing process, mine, "Joe Smith's," "Jane Doe's" are all going to be different. No one way is better than another and none of them are meant to disrespect...it is a way that people deal with the situation.

Please realize that no-one in this thread is saying they are glad it happened. Also, realize that no-one wants you to lose anyone you care about (or anyone else for that matter).

Jraf's first post

An absolutely superb natural disaster! I could only wish I were there to enjoy!!!

3. I would have loved to be there...yes I would. I would have loved to be able to enjoy nature's true power. Its perfect!!! Two and a half years ago during the seasson's strongest hurricane I went deep sea kayaking off the coast of New Smyrna Beach, Florida. I survived. I saw it, lived it and enjoyed it.

So once again: a true tour-de-force of nature. An exquisit event! Spectacular. Wonderful.
(

What part of these to threads, are so insensitive. He never made jokes about the people who are in for such a hard time, he never once cracked a joke about the dead and dying, he made a statement about nature and his desire to witness it. All this proves is that Jraf is as crazy as we all know him to be, kayaking in a hurricane sheesh, I guess all the storm chasers and hurricane reproters who get paid to go out and witness Mother Nature's splendor are sickos too. Now if he had stated that the woman who cut a baby from the womb after killing its mother was awe inspiring, then yes that would be sick. What is going on here is that people are looking for a reason to feel offended.

While we can all agree that the victims went and are still going through a terrible experience, Jraf said nothing out of line, but it seems there are a lot of people looking for some one to be upset with, are we trying to give a face to what we truly fear, the fact that at any point in time Mother Nature can smite you out of existence and we really have no control over it? What ever the case may be, knock knock here is the real world, Disney is only on TV. Raf said he would have like to have seen the tsunami, not caused it. Get some thicker skin.

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

I also think mother nature can be beautiful, even when being destructive. Perfect example is ice storms. They're so deadly, but to see trees, houses, towns covered in ice is a thing of beauty. I know it seems fucked up, but thats just how it is.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Just because some of us are in awe with Mother Nature, that makes us insensitivite?

not at all,i awe mother nature aswell but i dont put it in the first place.

I guess you dont do either,unless your really extreme...

People who loos close once are more loose on the trigger so perhaps waiting atleast untill the last people has died before yelling out "what a rush,weres the next one"...

If you perceived some one's humor as being insensitive then there is nothing the person can say to change your mind. What makes you right and the other person wrong?

who says its about right or wrong perhaps its about beeing human or civilian...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Oh brother you make me cry...I'm shedding tears...of laughter!

You say 'respect the dead and those about to die' - how you joy my heart with statements like that. Ave Tsunami, morituri te salutant! And lets respect the birds and the bees, and the flowers and the trees and the clouds high above, let us sing about love.

Boy if you want to find compassion go hire a professional compassionist or something. Of course if you want to add 9/11 to this then start going further down the road - there was Auschwitz and the Boer war and the Tunguska metheorite and the flu of 1918 and the plague and above all the great fire of Rome and crucifictions of the first Christians - now that was true barbarity!
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I'm from coastal North Carolina and I have lived through my fair share of hurricanes. I have even lost my home to a hurricane, so what I'm saying comes from personal experience.

The hurricane that destroyed my home was beautiful to me. I stood in the eye of the storm and felt weak just looking at the destruction and beauty that literally was going on all around me.

I don't think using humor to deal with a situation is insensitive, it is simply a person's natural coping technique. Ane yes, I laughed at my own situation when we were trying to sort through what remained of our lives.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~