freeflir29

Damn what crazy shit!

I would have to say that it is a little more than "crazy shit"...this is a horrendous atrocity which cost many many people their lives and has destroyed some of the poorest parts of the world (sri lanka) with the death toll at 23,000 already and still rising.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who have lost friends and family in this nightmare.

RIP:(:(

Beth xx
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

Im not being funny, but you are a fu**ing sicko...im sure you wouldnt have enjoyed seeing all the dead bodies and the children being swept away from their parents, Im sure you wouldnt have enjoyed watching whole communities destroyed and lives ruined....Or is it just because it didnt happen in your country which makes it ok?

If you have stupid sick opinions, please do us all a favour and keep them to yourself.
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

Im not being funny, but you are a fu**ing sicko...im sure you wouldnt have enjoyed seeing all the dead bodies and the children being swept away from their parents, Im sure you wouldnt have enjoyed watching whole communities destroyed and lives ruined....Or is it just because it didnt happen in your country which makes it ok?

If you have stupid sick opinions, please do us all a favour and keep them to yourself.

*amen*

An absolutely superb natural disaster! I could only wish I were there to enjoy!!!

On the other hand, nature is a thing of beauty, even the destructive forces within it. I do think that opinions such as his, while vulgar to me, are shared by more than himself. While everyone has a right to think what they want I believe such sentiments should be kept private, especially when there are so many suffering from such a horrible disaster.

Do not enjoy someone else's tragedy...the next time it could be you.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

Sri Lanka has been in the throes of a civil war, and land mines uprooted by the tidal waves were hampering relief efforts.

As if they didn't have enough to deal with. Think I'll send some money to the Red Cross. [:/]
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Im not being funny, but you are a fu**ing sicko..

Ladies and gentlemen..........the captain has illuminated the black humor sarcasm light. Please feel free to deal with awful things through humor. However...it is the policy of this airline that while you are seated you must remain COMPLETELY serious and not laugh for any reason. :P

it is the policy of this airline that while you are seated you must remain COMPLETELY serious and not laugh for any reason

:D:D:D <------ There, I laughed...are you gonna kick me out of the plane now? :P

~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

It's what I get paid to do. If you enjoy it.......I guess you can consider it a free gift from the US Govt.

Ditto. I'm an MP. ;) (btw, we have officially hijacked this thread!)

~Okay, back to the regularly scheduled thread.~

~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

Im not being funny,but you are a fu**ing sicko..

Ladies and gentlemen..........the captain has illuminated the black humor sarcasm light. Please feel free to deal with awful things through humor. However...it is the policy of this airline that while you are seated you must remain COMPLETELY serious and not laugh for any reason. :P

Sounded like a personal attack to me, but who the hell am I?

WTF it happened in Alaska, but that was a while ago, as for natural disasters that one does have a certain type of awe to it, maybe because we have film and tv programs of every other kind, but how much footage is there of tsunami really? Terrible? Yes, poor people. Awesome (in the websters since of the word) Yes that too. A wave that size sheesh

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Hmmm...intriguing...I read JRaf's comment and did not see in it "I would have liked to see the people that died or were swept out into the water." Interesting response to his post.

Nature is a thing of beauty - even at it's most destructive. Death sucks - especially when it's a child who hasn't had a chance to live. But nature is beautiful - even when destructive.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

this is a horrendous atrocity

The word atrocity does not apply.

a·troc·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-trs-t)
n. pl. a·troc·i·ties
Appalling or atrocious condition, quality, or behavior; monstrousness.
An appalling or atrocious act, situation, or object, especially an act of unusual or illegal cruelty inflicted by an armed force on civilians or prisoners.

atrocity

n 1: the quality of being shockingly cruel and inhumane [syn: atrociousness, barbarity, barbarousness, heinousness] 2: an act of atrocious cruelty [syn: inhumanity]

Very sad what has happened to those affected by this natural occurance.

From CNN: In Sri Lanka, where tidal waves swept ashore two-and-a-half hours after the initial earthquake struck Indonesia's Sumatra islands, The Associated Press said residents expressed disbelief that there was no warning.

It was an earthquacke and related phenomena. Not like they mail a business card before visiting.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The Associated Press said residents expressed disbelief that there was no warning.

True, natural disasters do not come with an advance warning, but I believe they were shocked because early warning systems are in place in other parts of the world for just such situations. Until now there has not been a need for one in the Indian Ocean.

Mother Nature....what a fucking bitch.

Ah, but what a beautiful bitch she can be... [:/]

~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

Ditto with me too.

I saw what was trying to be said about watching Mother Nature. Mother Nature is a thing of beauty, if death sometimes comes from the acts, so be it. It's sad that a poor country was hit so hard. I for one would have liked to be standing on a hill top and watched that water come pouring in. I've witness many acts of Mother Nature, from floods, earthquakes, avalanches, fires, and hurricanes. Each time I was in ahhh!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

It was an earthquacke and related phenomena. Not like they mail a business card before visiting.

Acutally there is a warning system set up for detection of tsunamis in the Pacific Ocean. I doubt it would've helped in this case though since this one was in the Indian not Pacific region.