glgflyer

Jumping With Eyeglasses?

I jump with eyeglasses. I currently use a pair of over-the-glass goggles and a protec helmet over those. I was wondering what type of setup other jumpers who wear eyeglasses use. I,m just wondering if there might be a little more comfortable way to do it. I've never worn a full face helmet but am wondering if that might be an option and not have to wear the bulky goggles. I don't know if a full face will fit over the eyeglasses or not. Any and all input will be appreciated. Thanks.

I jump with eyeglasses. I currently use a pair of over-the-glass goggles and a protec helmet over those. I was wondering what type of setup other jumpers who wear eyeglasses use. I,m just wondering if there might be a little more comfortable way to do it. I've never worn a full face helmet but am wondering if that might be an option and not have to wear the bulky goggles. I don't know if a full face will fit over the eyeglasses or not. Any and all input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Over-the-glasses goggles. You only have to keep them tight for a few minutes.

Prescription goggles are another option.

I too wear glasses and I've made pretty much 99.9% of my jumps with over-the-glasses goggles and a Protec helmet over that.

Personally, I've never seriously considered getting perscription goggles as my script is pretty strong and I don't feel like shelling out the bucks for perscription goggles when I already do for glasses and perscription sun-glasses.

I know folks who wear a full face with a flip down face shield that get glasses on underneath, but one needs to choose their eye glass frames well to get a combination that fit.

I'm another ProTec/goggles person (so far), but I have seen at least one person in this area who has a full face that he can keep his glasses on underneath.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

A different approach that I used, and not only for skydiving, is using night lenses.
These are lenses that you wear while you sleep but take out when you wake up. They shape your cornea and then you have good vision during the day. I can even go two days without wearing them and still have 20/20 vision (actually 20/15 on one eye, so even better ^^). These lenses are called ortho-k.

I decided on this because my normal eye sight isn't too bad so I didn't want to risk surgery. With ortho-k (provided you follow hygiene guidelines), there is almost no risk. If you stop wearing the lenses, the cornea eventually assume their original shape. But of course always check with your eye doc instead of believing a random stranger on the internet :P

So now I wear regular goggles for skydiving. For more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthokeratology

I jump with a Bonehead Mamba and contacts, no issues. I've also seen Mambas and Freezer helmets with glasses underneath with good success.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

I just take my glasses off when I jump, but that not might be the ideal solution because sometimes its quite reading figuring out the which way the wind indicator is blowing when setting up a landing pattern ...
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...