vstar2001

swinging

With a 50% divorce rate for first time marriages and a 75% failure rate for second marriages I think you will be in business for a while.

Thanks for reminding me that we live in a disposable society where people continue to believe there is always something better around the corner. :S
-----
~~~Michael

With a 50% divorce rate for first time marriages and a 75% failure rate for second marriages I think you will be in business for a while.

Thanks for reminding me that we live in a disposable society where people continue to believe there is always something better around the corner. :S

Yea, I know it sucks.[:/] My least favorite term that too many people use? "Practice Marriage"

or not

Ex G/F's family - 3 of her aunts had been married a combined 18 times would be the reason for my comment. They always thought there was something better and they were always trying to out do eachother. None of them ever won though, they were all just screwed in the head looking back now...
I do know people in the lifestyle that are perfectly happy. I do know others that it consumed their life so much that it destroyed the intimacy they shared for each other.
It's not a lifestyle for all...
-----
~~~Michael

It's called M A R R I A G E

:P

Yep yep!! Once was/is enough for me - once this divorce is final, that's it!

I'll be the crazy guy that lives down the road with all the cats, dogs and horses... :S
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I don't believe in swinging and I am too in love to ever stray!

Funny you should mention that. I don't have anything against "swinging." I have known a couple or two that did fine with it. Knew many more that tried it and it lead to the demise of the relationship. Myself.....I wouldn't have a problem being in a relationship like that.......BUT.........I wouldn't EVER marry someone that I felt this way about. I have only been in love maybe twice. More likely just once. When it was real my eyes quit wandering. I didn't even feel the need to look at other women. Yep......it even shocked me! :o:D

is what YOU make it.

Nope.........unfortunately, it's what WE make it. Takes two. :S

Yes, I agree, Clay. I was just trying to keep an optimistic outlook on marriage. I assume that it's very hard work, and I can totally see where you are coming from. Since I have never been married myself, I will refrain from further comments.

:)

we just reread our vows.... and no where does it say that enjoying sex for the fun of it is forbidden. We are faithful to each other, love and charish each other, till death do us part. We just find at times a good threesome/foursome is fun. Where is the cheating when we both are always involved??? No one would say we cheat on each other if we when to an amusement park with another friend would they??? thats just another form of fun.

Uh...hang on a minute. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

-And then you realize which people got married for the tax breaks...:S

Or maybe the first post was fishing...for...attention. You know, how you drag some bait across a lake slowly in a boat? Yeah, can't remember what that's called, but boy this kinda feels like that...that 'slow fishing' thing to try to get a bite...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

we just reread our vows.... and no where does it say that enjoying sex for the fun of it is forbidden. We are faithful to each other, love and charish each other, till death do us part. We just find at times a good threesome/foursome is fun. Where is the cheating when we both are always involved??? No one would say we cheat on each other if we when to an amusement park with another friend would they??? thats just another form of fun.

:D:D:D:$ best response ever!:)vstar, i think you're alone on this one....:|
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

-And then you realize which people got married for the tax breaks...:S

Or maybe the first post was fishing...for...attention. You know, how you drag some bait across a lake slowly in a boat? Yeah, can't remember what that's called, but boy this kinda feels like that...that 'slow fishing' thing to try to get a bite...

you hit it very close on the head there......
FYI the fishing thing is called trolling

but, I did start this topic just to see what response's there were. And to hopefully get a fun but heated debate going. And I was correct in thinking that there would be very polar views on the subject. Many jaded ones from divorced people, and many nieve ones from the unmarried.

I personally think those that are secure enought for that simply will sit back and remain quite since they have nothing to prove, nor care to attempt to change someones oppinion.

It's been said that no one will ever change anothers oppinion in a debate, just make that person fight harder to defend their own point of view........
I just am................

you hit it very close on the head there......
FYI the fishing thing is called trolling

but, I did start this topic just to see what response's there were. And to hopefully get a fun but heated debate going.

Yeah, I know...I was referencing the forum rules that prohibit just that:

posting inflammatory material specifically to provoke a negative response from someone (aka trolling). If you are unclear about what a 'troll' is, a description can be found here.

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.