gravityizsexy

VHS has officially left the building...

so I just made it back from the local video store, and
happen to witness a seemingly old and matured couple choosing a movie ... (here they still mix VHS with DVD), the husband picks up the box and says, "this is good, lets see this", the woman takes the box from him and says, "(mans name), it's VHS..." and puts it back on the shelf... Hard to admit that I was pretty taken back by this as this event chalks up a mark on my timeline when VHS has officially left the building...

-- Just thought I'd share-- ;)

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"

i have about 200 vhs movies in my room. I havn't touched them in about a year. just wish there was a cheap way to get all those movies onto dvd.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

i have about 200 vhs movies in my room. I havn't touched them in about a year. just wish there was a cheap way to get all those movies onto dvd.

You and my sister as well. She's collected, I surmize, about 300 VHS and now has added over 200 DVD's to her collection. Some of them duplicates.

Glad she has the money!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I still have a 8-track player in my 1965 C-30 dump truck... It works great with the match book under the casette;) I like to listen to the "Best of Donovan" and the doors... I have the "Missing White House Tapes" on 8-track that National Lampoon put out...

Killer....

was anyone dumb enough to buy into Laser Disc when it came out? DVD's the size of vinyl albums. think they were on the market for a month or two.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

was anyone dumb enough to buy into Laser Disc when it came out? DVD's the size of vinyl albums. think they were on the market for a month or two.

A neighbor of mine had one. We marveled at the clarity and wanted to get one ourselves! We were very poor, though, and decided food was a better option than buying a laser disc player.

Back then we rented the VHS player at the same time we rented the VHS tapes at the Supermarket.

Ah, the memories!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

My uncle had gotten one, with a bunch of the laserdisc,
being used to VHS at the time I thought those things
were the coolest things in the world... kind of still do,
and the size of them made them that much cooler, cept
it's much more probable to scratch... thats the sucky part.
sadly after that month of less than profitable market,
dvds came out about 1-2 months later... talk about
cutting off at the legs...

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"