tunaplanet

Open Water

Anyone seen this movie? Looked pretty good. Based on true events of that couple out in Australia a few years ago. Was thinking about going next weekend.

I'm not sure it makes for a whole movie, though Phone Booth worked a lot better than I'd have thought. But the reality of getting stranded in open ocean is likely to be much more boring until you're dead.

If I'm ever in Australia, I'm not paying the full charter until they return me to port.

You need to specify "me alive, and not just my bloated carcass, to port"

You need to be very specific with unknown dive ops. ;)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

ps - anybody who knows their ass from their elbow concerning guns knows Phone Booth sucked.

"Hollow point shells, they blow up on impact..."

:S
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I'm pretty sure the only true part of the story is that they were left, everything after that is pure speculation. Buuuut i'm a big fan of scuba diving so i'll probably check it out.

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

Do I take that to mean they didn['t make it back to tell their story?

You can tell how much I care, that I've delved so deep in to this. :P
witty subliminal message
1*

Do I take that to mean they didn't make it back to tell their story?
No, the real life couple perished[:/]

Bodies never recovered - at one point odd rumors about them turning up somewhere alive. (ie, insurance scam). Given where they were, it's hard to see survival. At best you have 3 days without water.

Kennedy - if you're focusing on the gun inaccuracies to evaluate hollywood movies you're going to become a very disgruntled man.

Kennedy - if you're focusing on the gun inaccuracies to evaluate hollywood movies you're going to become a very disgruntled man.

And people wonder why I don't like a lot of movies set in our time. :S

I'm all for Hollywood and the "willful suspension of disbelief."

However, if you're going to set a movie in this reality, you have to abide by the rules in this reality, or I notice this and that, and get annoyed, and stop enjoying the movie (especially when it's that predictable).

I mean, come on, the guy talks to a pizza guy, and doesn't notice that the voice is 100% different, or can't remember that forty five minutes later?
witty subliminal message
1*

Do I take that to mean they didn't make it back to tell their story?
No, the real life couple perished[:/]

Wether or not they perrished is yet to be confirmed.
They found scuba gear without and signs of trauma a few days later, they have never found and remains of signs of remains and given where they were diving those sites are frequented by LOTS of chater operators
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

How about Halibut?

Umm.. no fear of Halibut.. :P

Shark: "I bite"..

Provoked or unprovoked???

The proper response is "Where, and how hard?" :)
witty subliminal message
1*

I'm all for Hollywood and the "willful suspension of disbelief."

However, if you're going to set a movie in this reality, you have to abide by the rules in this reality, or I notice this and that, and get annoyed, and stop enjoying the movie (especially when it's that predictable).

Come on, admit it, Point Break is hilarious good fun.

And guns with 100s of rounds are still perfectly fun to watch in a scene like the church at the end of The Killer. Who cares if CYF never reloads?

I'm scared of sharks.

What about Tunas?

TERRIFIED of Tunas! :P

Very smart girl.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

I don't have the exact qupte because I refuse to watch the movie again, but the sniper is telling the guy in the phone booth that the dead cop (shot with a rifle) will be blamed on him because the sniper stashed a pistol in the booth.

When the schmuck in the booth says something about having seen cop shows, and knowing the they can tell bullets apart, the sniper answers that he's using hollowpoints, and they dont leave anything for forensic tech guys to look at.

Yes, hollow point open up. They act more like a sharp metal flower than a mushroom. There are other rounds with intentionally limited expansion that act like mushroms. Anyway, the movie is full of shit and not worth wasting your time on.

My first post should have said "anybody who knows their asshole fromt heir elbow knows 'Phone Booth' sucked" guns or no. Just as bad was 'Liberty Stands Still.'
witty subliminal message
1*

The reviews have been spectacular; even the critics are saying it keeps you scared and in suspense the entire time; with an ending you would not suspect. I saw previews during "shark week" on the discovery channel and thought it looked OK; but then after seeing all these reviews, I might actually go to the theatre to see it and I rarely ever watch anything than DVD's at home.

We had some free passes, though, to see "The Village." Don't bother going for that one!:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.