MalcolmR

need freefly suit recommendations

There are lots of great suits out there. Look through this forum and the gear reviews to read up on them.

My personal favorite freefly suit is LiquidSky (http://www.liquidskysports.com/) They make a very high quality suit that looks fantastic and flies great. It is custom fit and they can do just about anything you want with the suit.

I have a few hundred jumps and easily 100 hours of tunnel time on my suit and it still is in perfect condition.

Their customer service is also top notch. If you do have any problems, they are extremely responsive and will make sure you are happy with your suit.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

I have a Vertical Suits freefly suit (also one of their RW suits). They are great suits, really well built. Customer service is excellent. If I needed another suit, I would get another Vertical Suits - but I think the ones I have will last forever! B|

http://verticalsuits.com/

"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

If we can have 3 more posts like this exact same one this week, everybody wins a 25% discount coupon at Quiznos

:S:S:S

here comes the gratuitous advertising

(do a search here and you can find advocacy for every single brand out there - or you can find some skydivers you personally know and respect and do what they do - or find someone local that builds suits that you can interact with directly and trust and buy from them - or - or - or)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Sorry, but gotta bash the vertical suits. I bought some freefly pants and they don't fit all that great. I emailed Vladi and he wanted to charge me to fix them. I've never heard of being charged to fix a suit/pants on the first go around. They are very nicely made, the quality appears very good but the customer service was very sub-par. I'll never buy another one. To add, he uses a plastic zipper. My girlfriend's zipper on her vertical suit busted twice. I finally replaced it w/ a nylon zipper.
my pics & stuff!

Love my FireFly 2 piece! I have hundreds of jumps on it and not even a sign of wear. Call Sherry great customer service and great person in general!!

Well maybe the customer service has improved since a while back, but at that time it was pretty much non-existent. 2x promised delivery time, fit was not tight (which was what was specified), and was so oversized (height, leg length, bagginess, etc) as to be a joke -- I guess if it is too big, it still "fits" (according to FF), but too small wouldn't. :S

Construction was good, if only I were 5 inches taller and 40-50 pounds heavier.

Sorry, but gotta bash the vertical suits. I bought some freefly pants and they don't fit all that great. I emailed Vladi and he wanted to charge me to fix them. I've never heard of being charged to fix a suit/pants on the first go around.

I had the opposite experience. I had a minor issue with the first suit I ordered (the RW suit). Rather than fix the suit, Vlady made me a completely new one. He seemed very concerned that I be happy with the suit.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg