Michele

2005 Reading List

I find myself in possession of a gift card from Barnes and Noble, with a nice large amount on it (thanks, Mom!)...just waiting for me to decide which books I will start '05 off with.

Any suggestions on what to get? It doesn't matter what genre, I read most of them.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

"a boy called it" very emotional about a boy bought up in avery rough house hold abused as a child and completly humiliated, true story as well, first in the serise of about 5 books the man wrote about his life and how he came through and succeded in life best book ever
those who do it cant explain it! those who dont, cant understand it!.. if riding in a plane is flying then ridding in a boat is swimming!? experince the eliment get out!!

"a boy called it" very emotional about a boy bought up in avery rough house hold abused as a child and completly humiliated, true story as well, first in the serise of about 5 books the man wrote about his life and how he came through and succeded in life best book ever

I have to agree, these were the best books I have read in a very long time. The author is Dave Pelzer, get all of his books if you can. "A Child Called It", "The Lost Boy", "A Man Named Dave", "The Privilege of Youth" and "Help Yourself". Just an amazing, but horrendous story of a man who overcame the worst childhood.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Look over some of the books in this thread...

book list

(now it's a clicky - thanks FlyAngel2.... it's the thread from a couple of months back on books that changed perceptions started by Vallerina. Probably some good suggestions in those....)

Or just go and wander around in Barns and snowballs and see what catches your eye.

Or just go and wander around in Barns and snowballs and see what catches your eye.

HAH. I'd never be found. They've got Starbucks in there and everything.

"A Boy Called It" sounds sad and interesting. I think I'll get that (or the entire series.). "Tis" I read a while ago, but thanks for the suggestion.

Ciels-
Michele

I really got into the author Isabel Allende a few months ago. She is amazing. So far i've read her books:

Daughter of Fortune
Portrait in Sepia

And im currently reading Eva Luna

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Barbara Kingsolver novels. I've read Prodigal Summer and Poisonwood Bible, and both are great books. I'm gonna read Animal Dreams next. I once had read most of Anne Rice's novels, but got kind of tired of them. I just ordered Blackwood Farm the other day though....see if there's anything new there. Just finished a Dean Koontz novel, Odd Thomas. I don't recommend that one unless you're up for a mindless read....

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Just finished reading my first book of 05 (I know, I need to get out more!) - anyway I like real life books and this was Driving Over Lemons by Chris Stewart . Really inspriing - you can do anything if you put your mind to it stuff....

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Wow! I just started reading Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code last night and it ROCKS! Couldn't put it down. You can tell that a lot of art research was put into that book. It's fast and intriguing. And I hear they are in the midst of making a movie on it. Check it out.

"Just a Couple of Days" by Tony Vigorito. At that link you can flip through the first several pages and get a feel for the flavor. You must bring either a decent vocabulary or a dictionary to the table, but it's worth the effort. There are a couple passages here and there where it's obvious the author is trying a little too hard, but for the most part it's an engrossing and entertaining read.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

So, have you been there yet, and what book/books did you decide on buying?

Nope, not yet.

I've been very sick: influenza, bronchial infection and a sinus infection. So at the moment, I'm not thinking of going there. But soon, as soon as I can swing it, I'll be there. Some of the suggestions are very interesting, so I think I will be able to explore new authors. This is good!

Ciels-
Michele