tunaplanet

Pac 10 = Shitty Conference

How can the Pac 10 show their faces after this season and bowl games?

Cal talked so much shit saying that they should have been playing in the Orange Bowl for the NC. They bitched/moaned/whined/cried that they were legitimate and deserving of national hopes. They bitched/moaned/whined/cried even more that they were dropped too far in the BCS standings considering their record.

Well guess what? They did deserve to get dropped that far. They didn't deserve a shot at the NC. They proved at the Holiday Bowl that they are worse than even the BCS gave them credit for. How in the name of fuck do you show up and get punked by Texas Tech? That's right, 8-4 Texas Tech. What a joke. Cal truly is the laughing stock of the Pac 10 and all of college football.

Then there's UCLA. They put up a dissapointing 6-6 record and go on to the "prestigeous" Las Vegas Bowl only to get beat by Wyoming from the "mighty" Mountain Conference.

Next we have Oregon. They got to play in the...ummmm....oh yeah, that's right.....they weren't good enough for any bowl game.

Well the bright side is Arizona State and Oregon State. Arizona State did end up a dissapointing 9-3 only to barely beat the 7-5 Purdue in the Sun Bowl. Oregon State didn't do much better after ending up a similiar dissapointing 7-5 and beating up the "impressive" Notre Dame in the "classic" Insight Bowl.

The only thing that will make this better is if Oklahoma beats USC in the Orange Bowl. That would be so deserving.

So much for the Pac 10 being a powerhouse. Guess they are indeed just a finess conference who beats up on weak teams only to get bitch-slapped when they face off against teams that are slightly mediocre. So all you Pac 10 fans.....say hello to being the new doormat of college football. While you're down there say hi to the NFC West of the NFL.

Forty-two

How can the Pac 10 show their faces after this season and bowl games?

Cal talked so much shit saying that they should have been playing in the Orange Bowl for the NC. They bitched/moaned/whined/cried that they were legitimate and deserving of national hopes. They bitched/moaned/whined/cried even more that they were dropped too far in the BCS standings considering their record.

Well guess what? They did deserve to get dropped that far. They didn't deserve a shot at the NC. They proved at the Holiday Bowl that they are worse than even the BCS gave them credit for. How in the name of fuck do you show up and get punked by Texas Tech? That's right, 8-4 Texas Tech. What a joke. Cal truly is the laughing stock of the Pac 10 and all of college football.

Then there's UCLA. They put up a dissapointing 6-6 record and go on to the prestigeous Las Vegas Bowl only to get beat by Wyoming from the "mighty" Mountain Conference.

Next we have Oregon. They got to play in the...ummmm....oh yeah, that's right.....they weren't good enough for any bowl game.

Well the bright side is Arizona State and Oregon State. Arizona State did end up a dissapointing 9-3 only to barely beat the 7-5 Purdue in the Sun Bowl. Oregon State didn't do much better after ending up a similiar dissapointing 7-5 and beating up the "impressive" Notre Dame in the "classic" Insight Bowl.

The only thing that will make this better is if Oklahoma beats USC in the Orange Bowl. That would be so deserving.

So much for the Pac 10 being a powerhouse. Guess they are indeed just a finess conference who beats up on weak teams only to get bitch-slapped when they face off against teams that are slightly mediocre. So all you Pac 10 fans.....say hello to being the new doormat of college football. While you're down there say hi to the NFC West of the NFL.

No offence - but I'd rather hear more news on the Pac- 750

:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Historically speaking

Too bad "historically" doesn't count. Historically Rome once had a great empire. Doesn't mean shit today now does it?

Who had what record and who won what title in the past is irrelevant. What matters is now. And now the Big 12 only has 2 top teams. Not exactly a powerhouse conference.

Forty-two

Not exactly a powerhouse conference.

To be called a powerhouse confrence, you have to have past performance, otherwise you would call it a good year for a confrence. Simple linguistics that most people understand and use. Being a powerhouse means a lot, past performance means a lot, without it recruiting suffers heavily and the schoo's football programs suffer.

I agree with you to the point that the Pac 10 isn't a good confrence, I would further that statement to say that they've never been a powerhouse type confrence, but I although the Big 12 has been in decline over the past 5 years I would state that it is still a powerhouse confrence.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

*shrug* Whatever. Keep your opinion and your own definition of "powerhouse" and enjoy it.

That's why there's more then one opinion in the world and definately more then one sports writer.

You're not going to change my opinion, or anyones for that matter, so its a moot point to argue about it.

When they become a powerhouse conference I'll send you an email

Hahahahahahaha...BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, I'll no longer have my own opinion and simply wait for your e-mail.

BWAAHAHAHA

When they become a powerhouse conference I'll send you an email

Hahahahahahaha...BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, I'll no longer have my own opinion and simply wait for your e-mail.

BWAAHAHAHA

So basically what you are saying is that If he wants your opinion he will give it to you.

OR

Why bother - he already has it - you just need to realise it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So basically what you are saying is that If he wants your opinion he will give it to you.

OR

Why bother - he already has it - you just need to realise it.

Yup.

I really wonder if he's posting so much in Bonfire right now because he got banned in SC or if he's just being ignored over there instead of getting to stir stuff up. *shrug*

While I agree that Cal decided not to show up for the Holiday bowl, Cal never once whined about not going to the Orange Bowl. Dunno where you got your info. The BCS is F**ked, someone always seems to get a short end of the stick
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

There's 2 possible solutions to the problem that make some sense but will never happen. I'm afraid the BCS will be around for a looooooooooooong time.

1- Playoffs. Take the top 8 teams and bracket them seeded on their BCS ranking. #1 plays #8, #2 plays #7 and so forth.

2- Do the BCS Bowl Games plus 1. What that means is do the bowl games like normal. After all games are decided you will have your rankings. Top 2 teams play for the title. This is not my idea. This has been brought up by many of those closely associated with NCAA Football.

Forty-two

Cal never once whined about not going to the Orange Bowl.

It's common knowledge amongst football fans that they did. Do some legwork and you'll see it. They cried for 2 straight weeks.

No they did not. They whined and moaned about Texas being given the Rose Bowl berth over Cal. That was the whole gist of the problem. Cal whining about not going to the Orange Bowl? Give me a break! That was Auburn doing the moaning and groaning over the Orange Bowl...

At first, I felt like Cal should have gone to the Rose Bowl as the PAC 10 rep. But all the moaning and groaning turned me off. Then they get blasted by Texas Tech... They can eat shit for all I care.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Lots of coaches claim, "this is it". Usually doesn't work out that way. Go back and do some research and you'll see a lot of coaches make this claim all the time.

As much as you try to attack and state, myself and those posting contrary to your opinion aren't idiots. Its pretty sad that you've taken to simply implying that people are idiots over the course of the past year or so instead of trying to debate opinions. It marginalizes your opinion.

myself and those posting contrary to your opinion aren't idiots

It's called boredom, Dave. Don't get too offended by it. I mean, when you come to a skydiving website and haven't actually posted about skydiving in over a year, what else are you going to do? ;)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

what else are you going to do?

Search for boobies posts?

Oh.:P

Speaking of skydiving, I thought it was funny that I traveld nearly 18hrs across a handful of states, down into florida and out of the 6 competition jumps I did, 4 were out of a 182. What was even funnier is I had to tell the academy folks in the plane with me where to sit and how to sit. I think it might have been a good thing that I went first, climbing out on the strut, because those poor turbine babies were LOST. And I was laughing.:P

Search for boobies posts?

Yeah, I keep thinking of the ones Skymama posted, too...

climbing out on the strut,

You should've sat in the V to get a better look of their faces! :D I still can't do the bat hang thingy....
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning