anyone ever have a tooth "crowned"/any dentists out there?

If you aren't a flosser now, get started on making it part of your daily routine to preserve that expensive crown work and prevent you from needing more.

I'm so glad you mentioned this. Flossing is so critical to good dental hygiene. It can literally make the difference whether you will have your own teeth or not when you're 70.

Chris

You won't feel a thing. You'll have to wear a plastic cap till yours comes in. They numb you up again, take off the plastic cap. Stick on the new one, have you bite down and hold it. Worst part about it is the glue smell. Afterwards, your tongue will know somethings different for a few days, then you'll forget its there. Piece of cake.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

If you don't have to get a root canal, I don't think you'll have to use gas. I just had novacaine...but we all know women are more pain tolerant than men anyway. ;)

Glad to hear the people with porcelain crowns haven't had to get theirs replaced. I guess my kids can always pawn my gold crown when I die and get some extra money. :ph34r:

We had a triple gold crown in the back (insurance) 15 yr's later started to have some pain from one of the teeth that was crowned.

No insurance dentist said root canal. BS remove the crown from the bad tooth and the spacer and extract. My method $400 dentists method $5000:D.

Can't see the two mising teeth in the rear and we got a big chunk of 18 caret gold for the wifes B-day present:) but will make a nice necklace kind of like a closing pin:S

We have good health insurance:)

BTW there's a lot of dental info on the net (ADA) and others if anyone needs to evaluate their teeth options. IMO saving every tooth regardless of the cost doesn't work for everyone.

Gas is good:P

R.I.P.