peacefuljeffrey

I made a skydive t-shirt!

Heehee! I bought some fabric paint and made a (crude, but cute) skydive t-shirt for myself!

It's a minimalist sort of design, kind of just a line-drawing, but it was actually exactly what I set out to do! How do you like it?

:)
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Great idea. And I'd buy a t-shirt with that logo on it, so long as it was a girly shirt. Just can't seem to find enough of those, but my collection is growing.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

it looks like "The Saint" logo under canopy, the slider looks like a halo

That's the 1st thing I noticed!
I'll have to have on (XL)
It would go well with my rig:)

Thongs.

Get with one of those on-line sites that print your logo on all sorts of products.

Oh yeah, I think you can do that at http://www.cafepress.com. Wouldn't be that hard, though I can't remember whether you can get them on colored t-shirts (I'm not a big fan of the white t-shirt if there's a color option).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You guys are going to have to PM him if you want one so the thread doesn't turn into an advertising one, which would get it deleted.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

OH
MY
GOD,
people!!!

I am overwhelmed! THANK YOU!

I made the shirt simply because I wanted a very plain, no frills, "here's a minimalist pic of a skydiver" shirt, and to be honest, I totally did not think that it would receive such positive regard, so thank you for the compliments.

The other thing is, I NEVER expected that people would say, "I'd like to buy one"!! :o

To answer questions:
I made the design to be about the proportion of the S on Superman's chest. It starts about 2 in. below my collarbones, and the guy's feet are just about 1 or 2 in. above my navel.

The design is one I just worked out on my own but I admit that I myself felt it just has to be a derivative amalgam of various ones I've seen all over the place. I tried to make it not be a copy of any other found on a specific logo, but I could not be sure that it wasn't. I'm glad to see that no one came back and said, "Jeff, that's just [insert brand here]'s logo!" :D

The problem I would have with selling these to you all nice people is that I did the painting freehand! I am not sure how the next one will come out! LOL! :D If that is to your taste, and you wouldn't mind your specimen being "personalized" as a result, well, by all means shoot me a PM and we'll talk about maybe me making you one. I am looking into doing them in other colors. In fact, in a few minutes I plan to make one with green glow-in-the-dark paint on a black t-shirt. B| I'll post a pic if it comes out okay. I'm also thinking of making some with "sayings" on them, stuff like, "YEEHAAAA, BABY!" or other stuff that seems to carry the feeling that the "swoop" look of the icon looks like it has, to me.

Thanks again!

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Hey cool! Make it in to a sticker too!

I'd love to be able to do that, but I don't know how to get it transferred to stickers.

When I next post a pic of these designs, I'll try to make it bigger. I want ya'll to understand that the painting of them has a rough look to it; by no means are the lines smooth like a silk-screen or iron-on. To me, that's part of the charm, but some may not like that. To me, it is reminiscent of that famous rainbow-colored line drawing of John Lennon... that's what I was shooting for. A simple, sketchy suggestion of a skydiver, with as few lines as are necessary to convey an accurate image. (I felt inclined to include the pilot chute and "halo-esque" slider so that the design would not be too "whuffo" :P)

Does anyone know anything about getting an image scanned and put on nice quality vinyl stickers? I'd appreciate the help! :)

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey