tunaplanet

Movie Flubs

The MH-60S is sort of a combination of the blackhawk and seahawk. It's a multimission aircraft, designed to replace the Navy HH-60s and CH-46s. It's already in service, being used for VERTREP (dropping shit off on ships without landing).

In development now are 2 mission kits, each consisting of actually a whole bunch of different configurations. One mission is to detect and kill mines using some really freaking cool stuff. The other one, that I work on, is called Armed Helo. It will do a few different missions, and can be outfitted with .50 caliber guns and hellfire missiles for one of the missions. When it's not busy blowing shit up, it can be set up for Plane Guard/SAR, CSAR, and a mission to drop off special operations guys on enemy ships by fastrope. Most of those changes are just different seating/gun configurations.

Sadly, no mission to drop me off from 10,000 feet. I'm working on sneaking that into the spec. :)
Dave

A "Plane Guard" helicopter launches before anything else from an aircraft carrier. But yeah, they are just flying in case anything goes wrong near the ship (within ~100 miles), not hundreds of miles away where the combat is.

The helicopter in my avatar pic will be taking over the Plane Guard and CSAR missions, among others, in the future, the MH-60S. And it'll do it safely if I do my job right. :P

Dave

That is correct, you just beat me to the punch;). "Plane Guard" is actually the CDRs own organic rotary wing aircraft and not part of the JSRCs assets. A unit or command will exercise all of thier own organic assets in PR matters first, before requesting support from the RCC or JSRC.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

AHEM.

Allow me to hijack the thread back ;)

Terminator.

The guy who is the leader of the humans is fathered by the guy sent by the leader in the future. So who fathered the kid in the first place so that he could grow up to send HIS OWN FATHER back to create him?

Stupid timetravel. Its always fun when it does not take itself seriously, but Terminator is not silly like say, Bill & Ted's
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Pearl Harbor

Speaking of the movie Pearl Harbor, what about the floater bar on the DC-3. That is Skip Evans DC-3, the one that flies out of Elsinore and Perris. In talking with Skip, he said that the movie company was too cheap to pay him to take it off for filming, so you see Ben Afflec stepping onto the DC-3 with a floater bar directly over his head.

Jack Gramley
Computer Consultant

In the Count of Monte Cristo, (the newer one) after Dontez escapes from prison and end up on the beach, in the background there are two to three people walking up the stairs in bright blue jackets.

Not as good as some of the other flubs listed but I get a kick out of it.

Heather
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

In Braveheart, it is implied that the son of Future Queen of England Isabelle de France (Sophie Marceau) was fathered by Wallace (Mel Gibson). Isabelle de France was 4 year old when Wallace was executed...:S

Very good call!

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."