heavydude

Startrac II Parachute Flight characteristics

I have a lowtime Startrac that I want to jump. Typically I am jumping Triathlons and also have 50+ jumps on an old F111 Falcon. Typically on the Falcon I roll the nose heavily for packing which produces nice openings. Should the Startrac be rolled also for soft openings. Owners manual just says pro-pack as normal. I figure that somebody out there probably has lots of jumps on these canopies.

I would take 6 nose cells and roll them pretty tight then stuff the rolled 6 into the nose of the 7th cell then roll them all together as one almost down to the B lines. The startrac at terminal opens pretty hard. Also would cut off the nose caps.
Blue Skies
Joe
"Knowledge is the antidote to fear."
--- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have a lowtime Startrac that I want to jump. Typically I am jumping Triathlons and also have 50+ jumps on an old F111 Falcon. Typically on the Falcon I roll the nose heavily for packing which produces nice openings. Should the Startrac be rolled also for soft openings. Owners manual just says pro-pack as normal. I figure that somebody out there probably has lots of jumps on these canopies.

Traithlons are ZP. Startrac is F111.
My recommendation is a larger/domed or pocketed slider, it will do a hell of a lot more than rolling the nose.