akurtom

The whole jeep thing

I had a jeep for a few years....I then bought a Mustang GT....I sometimes forget I am in the Mustang and do the wave to a Jeep ....I bet they think I am insane.

Mustangs are not friendly like that.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I just wave to random people. If my wife is with me she's like "Who was that?" I tell her I don't know, so she asks "Why did you wave?" I tell her I waved so the couple in the other car can have the exact same conversation we are B|
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

I drive a jeep and yes we do wave its kind a neat, we'll not everyone waves, the people who have jeeps that never leave the city street don't normally wave but people with beat up ones sure will

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

It's very true. Though I didn't know it before we got the jeep. Made me wonder if there was something wrong with our car for the number of people that kept waving at us. We're a little slow sometimes :P

But we've had it for almost 2 years and have been extremely happy, both on and off road. There's just a weird kinship among jeep owners.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Corvette drivers do the wave thing too. Other Corvette drivers wave to me all the time, but I've never had anyone that I didn't know wave to me in my husband's Jeep Cherokee, so I guess it has to be the other kind of jeep?

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

but I've never had anyone that I didn't know wave to me in my husband's Jeep Cherokee, so I guess it has to be the other kind of jeep?

A cherokee doesn't really count as jeep ;)

It's definitely the Wrangler/CJ folks that have that bond thing.

yup. I had a cj-7 I wish I had never gotten rid off.
:(:(:(:(

but everyone waved at everyone so you really couldn't tell.
Scars remind us that the past is real

http://www.jeeptalk.org/jeep_wave.shtml

I have noticed that I wish I had a jeep for one reason. All jeep drivers have this common bond that when you drive past another jeep, you wave. How come I cant have that with my prelude. they are specialty cars too. I mean, I still wave at other prelude drivers but most of them, kinda look at me, some have given me the most irritated look ever...i am like, lets go, lets start something new like all cars of the same kind that are semi - decent....wave to each other as code. its cool. i was driving my buddies jeep wrangler the other day and people just waved and im like, cool....i want that with my car. its like the bar, cheers, except with cars.
or maybe im too involved with cars to start with...whatever...random thoughts

Yea, it is a Jeep thing! But, I hate it when I wave and the other Jeeper does not........:| My Jeep has been broke down for the last 2 months so no one has waved at me lately!:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Corvette drivers do the wave thing too. Other Corvette drivers wave to me all the time, but I've never had anyone that I didn't know wave to me in my husband's Jeep Cherokee, so I guess it has to be the other kind of jeep?

Yea, only Wranglers and CJ's.......and I do not wave at stock jeeps.....they must have something custom!

I've had two Jeeps and whenever someone waves at me I flip them the bird. WTF do I know these motherfrs. Why the F are they waving at me. F them all

It'd be funny if one of those guys was on a trail the same time you were and when you blew your transfer case and needed winched out of a tank trap. >:(:P

Fuck him he is out of luck, I would stop long enough to tell him I am havin way too much fun to help him!:P

A lot of folks in the country wave at other drivers just to be nice. Its a pleasent thing to see for sure.

Get a motorcycle, folks on bikes give a biker wave as they pass, its very very rare that somone else on scooter and myself pass that they don't wave back. Usually its because they've got a lot of 4-wheelers around them and are busy keeping up with the blind assholes in their steel cages and either need their left hand or don't see me. Even ricers wave back to me on my cruiser.

Something about being out on two wheels gives bikers a common bond.:)

I agree to a point...I ride a Ducati and give all bikers a wave, however, very few of those with the "really load pipes" wave back. Of course I am wearing a full face helmet and more often than not, leathers. I like to think they missed seeing my wave but think it may be something "deeper"...oh well...I'm still riding a Duc, and they aren't...