tunaplanet

F4 Trailer

Haji at the Bazarr assured me he will have it on DVD for me next week with 5 other just released movies for $2. So even if it sucks I still get 6 just released movies for less than a coke at the concession stand. Even if it sucks, the chick is still hot:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

That movie is going to SUCK big time.

This is the second F4 movie made in recent history. The first one was sooooooooo bad that they shelved it after they were done with the final edit - it will never be shown. Then XMen the movie did good and they decided to retry to make this movie.

The first one was sooooooooo bad that they shelved it after they were done with the final edit

If you're referring to the one by Roger Corman...rofl. Not even close to being a fair comparison. First off he is the king of 'B' movies. Secondly that was back in 92. You can find bootleg versions around of that. And lastly, it wasn't shelved before final edit. Didn't make it that far.

Forty-two

Oh, and not sure I believe CBS in regards to what he said about this being the second movie with the first one being scrapped because it was so bad. Maybe if he posts a link I'll believe.

A lot of the details of that first film used to be on the "Coming Attractions" website that was hosted on Corona - the site closed and merged with Cinescape. All of the "Development Heck" pages from the early 90's version are now gone for good - it was a comical read. I think that Aint It Cool News has talked about it at length if you want to search their backlogs.

The new Development Heck isn't as strong as the first incarnation and it tends to suck up to the studios so they can get interviews for their magazine but you can find a summary of it here (it treats it a bit too fair):
http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?obj_id=36858&aff_id=0&this_cat=Development+Heck

A Fantastic Four movie has been a long-time coming. A 1992 low-budget version was done for Roger Corman's film division; the rights to the property were held by Neue Constantine, and before the film rights reverted back to Marvel Comics, Constantine developed the property, produced it, and completed the film. Although bootleg copies can be found at some comic conventions, the film never made a wide distribution circuit. Some of the story details and special effects were, at best, mediocre when compared to the digital kalideoscopes seen on today's multiplex screens, but the heart of the Fantastic Four was still there. (In particular the Doctor Doom and Thing costumes were fantastic, and the acting done by all the main characters was on-the-mark, but that's just our opinion.)

At the eleventh hour, weeks before the film's intended release date, Chris Columbus received the backing of Amblin Entertainment, Steven Spielberg's production company. The rights to the Fantastic Four, including the recently-completed film, were now owned by Amblin. The low-budget film was vaulted, and Columbus announced his interest in directing a big-budget, blockbuster version of the Fantastic Four. Columbus wanted to make an 'event' film, showcasing the superheroes (and their villains) powers on a scale worthy of the history of the project.

The current movie has been in talks since 1992 and didn't get rolling until 1997.

If you're referring to the one by Roger Corman...rofl. Not even close to being a fair comparison. First off he is the king of 'B' movies. Secondly that was back in 92. You can find bootleg versions around of that. And lastly, it wasn't shelved before final edit. Didn't make it that far.

You have to be one of the most contrary individuals I have ever met.

I wasn't doing a comparison - I was stating a fact that there was a first movie and that it never hit the streets. I don't care if it was done by Corman or not, it was still a bad movie. FWIW, some B movie directors have made a step up to the prime time - Peter Jackson and Sam Raimi come to mind.

According to the information at the link I provided, that movie did make it to the final weeks of editting. If you can't find a link to prove otherwise, well...then I won't believe you.