eeneR

Your opinion on Honesty....

Life would be so much easier if people were just freakin honest with each other. I believe in total honesty but there's no reason to be brutal about it.

I guess sometimes little white ones are ok if it's for a really good reason but even little white lies build up and end up making you look like an ass later on. Shit often comes back to haunt you.

This is a sore subject with me.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I say, "Let me have it" and "Let them have it."

Ahhh [lawrocket] alas, we meet again. On yet ANOTHER discussion.

Ready to take me on again?

In ANOTHER forum?

WE ALL KNOW what happened LAST time we vied ... in head-to-head combat.

In a battle of wits, and skills, and KNOWLEDGE!!!!

Just kidding. I've got "Major League" in the DVD player waiting to be viewed.

(AFTER I watch the rest of the AMAZING sunset. WOW! Is it GORGEOUS tonight.)

Oh, [lawrocket] I WILL be taking NOTES as I watch and YOU and I WILL MEET again ... o' fine advisary!

AND ... "THE TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

(insert movie title and actor here please)
J Mo Fantastico Rodriguez
(a bumpy brother)

Ok....so your thoughts on the subject (excluding the on going commentary towards Jerry) is

"The truth...you can't handle the truth?"

By the way...no need to YELL. :S
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I have recently found myself being much mroe honest. I used to sugar coat things quite a bit, but I have realized it really does no good. Plus I really find (now) that it bugs me and gets on my nerves when people want me to sugar coat things... If I look or say or do something stupid...I want to hear it...

Ok....so your thoughts on the subject (excluding the on going commentary towards Jerry) is

"The truth...you can't handle the truth?"

By the way...no need to YELL. :S

SH**!

It took me too long to compose my answer!

PLEASE, someone, ANYONE, help [ladyskydiver]

with ...
a) the QUOTE
b) the MOVIE, said quote came from
c) the ACTOR that said it
and..
d) the MANNER in which said actor SAID it ...

She HAS to know this is HER ONLY hope before being BRUTALLY attacked with "the truth" by a

SCORPOIO

WOMAN

in

MY "CONDITION"!

(for HEAVEN's SAKE ... help her obi-won ...
you're her ONLY hope!

Peacefully,
and GRACEFULLY,
Yours ...
(a bumpy brother)

Unfortunately for you, I'm quite aware of the movie that the quote came from. Happens to be a favorite of mine.

Second off, I'm a Sag and don't quite care that you're a Scorpio.

Your point in this above post is????
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Most of my life I have been very dishonest with people. It just in the past 5-6 months that I have started being brutally honest with people.

The funny thing is that I feel much better about myself for telling the truth than I do lying to someone now.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Sorry I missed you, I just got back from 10 days @ Z-Hills. I will be back in April.....unless, I can be talked into comming before I leave for AZ on the 17th...hint, hint!:ph34r: Hugs you want, it is hugs ye shall receive!
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

I'm quite aware of the movie that the quote came from. Happens to be a favorite of mine.

Good. This is the SECOND indication that you and I are on equal "fields of PLAY" shall we say (and, I might add, "caught" my attention FIRST with your "Jerry" reference, RARE in a comrade in arms.)

to which, might I add ...
BROWN -n- RICE!
BROWN -n- RICE!

Second off, I'm a Sag and don't quite care that you're a Scorpio.

GOOD! I'm a little tired of the "Capricorn" Game ... WAAYYY too SLOW for the SCORPIO pace.

Your point in this above post is????

NOW,
HONESTLY,
I don't remember ...

I've watched an INCREDIBLE sunset since said "post" you speak of,
Have ENJOYED one incredibly EXPENSIVE glass of WINE (thanks to ONE recently-departed-Elvis-has-LEFT-the-BUILDING ... Capricorn MAN ... and, you've just GOT to LOVE a man who leaves behind his ENTIRE wine collection that, oh, shall we say, for lack of a better term, is WORTH a lot of CA$H...CHA-CHING!)
AND enjoyed that SUNSET over the calm, REFLECTIVE, waters of DISCOVERY BAY, California ...
And had calm, soothing "mini-dreams" of My Prince ...

My PRINCE CHARMING ...

That, apparently, I'm gonna hafta THROW one of my GLASS SLIPPERS at his HEAD 'cuz HE is apparently, NOT CHECKING his EMAILS ...

And ...

And ...

AND!!!!

I, CINDER-F-N-RELLA, only have ONE glass slipper, so I only have ONE-SHOT at hitting said PRINCE in the HEAD ...

and ...

He LIVES, approximately, 45 miles SOUTH-WEST of HERE, so I BEST make it a DAMNED good SHOT when I DO throw that GLASS SLIPPER!

And ...

and ...

O.k. [ladyskydiver] help a Sista out here ...

WHAT was the post again?

CINDER-F-N-RELLA

P-h-M-F-N-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Candidate ....

and ABSOLUTE SWEETIE at HEART ...
(a bumpy brother)

:D I won't be making it to AZ this season...the whole job going bye-bye thing kinda screwed with a few plans. :S

Well...I'll be back in April as well. Just got confirmed for a mini-tunnel camp. B|

Looking forward to the hugs. Take care, my friend. Keep in touch and keep being your wonderful, smart ass self. ;):):D

Ok....so your thoughts on the subject (excluding the on going commentary towards Jerry) is ...

MY personal thoughts on the subject:

Are, at least, at the moment, most PREVENTLY ...

"The truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!"
-Jack Nicholson
-A FEW GOOD Men
(in EXACTLY the manner he said it ... spittle flying from his mouth and all)

And, since you seem to be, at least here in CyberSpace, a pretty cool chick B|

And, you have asked for MY opinion, which is even coolerB|B|

AND, I am guessing, JEN-uinely interested in my response;)

AND, you already are AWARE of how LONG my responses tend to be.

I quite SIMPLY adore people who are AWARE.

AWARE, in the sky, on the ground, in a house, on a boat, in a car, with a cat, or a mouse, or ... just PLAIN-n-SIMPLE ... Aware, and AWARE everywhere in LIFE, Always!:)

Now with THAT established ...

Here are my PERSONAL thoughts on the subject as they relate to ME and MY LIFE at the moment ...

The QUESTION more becomes, in MY EYES, at least ...

Are YOU sure YOU can "HANDLE the TRUTH?"
by Jen Fabulous (a woman who writes stuff)

Are YOU sure that if the following is going illicit ONE or MORE of the following EMOTIONS (tears, anger, numbness, etc.) that you are an ADULT?

Are you sure YOU can and will CHOOSE to ACT responsibly in YOUR current setting (work, school, in front of people, not in front of people) WHAT EVER and DEAL with your OWN emotions BEFORE picking up that PHONE to call me or to email me or send me a NOTE via CARRIER PIGEON!!!

BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT YOUR CHOICE HERE CUZ THERE IS NOTHING I HAVE LEFT TO HOLD BACK.

AND

IF ONE more, SINGLE individual/group/organization who CLAIMS to GIVE a RATS-A** about ME and MY LIFE and MY HEALTH, WELFARE and WELL-BEING ...

GIVES ME A PIECE OF "ADVICE" or RESOURCE THAT I AM CURRENTLY or HAVE IN THE VERY RECENT past ... ALREADY COMPELETLY EXHAUSTED ...

YOU, your and/or YOUR group, organization, and/or any other GAWD-damned AFFILIATION, WILL not “might” end up on my UNSAFE and DO NOT CALL list for a MINIMUM of 365 days.

In fact, SOME of you MIGHT even have your emails REJECTED permanently after I press the "send" button and/or RELPY to ALL and/or otherwise PUBLICLY “post” this message.

NOW ...

Are you SURE you will be reading further right now?

PAWSITIVE?

O.k., here goes, I have NOTHING to HIDE anymore, and I VOW to DO my VERY BEST to KEEP this as closely related to my current "state-of-affairs" AS JEN-uinely POSSIBLE.

1. YOU need to KNOW that I AM & WILL CONTINUE to ... SEEK ONLY the ADVICE from TOP PROFESSIONALS in EACH of THE RESPECTIVE FIELDS.

2. If YOU choose to OFFER your UNSOLICITED and UNPROFESSIONAL advice to ME ... I'm gonna DO WHATEVER it is I NEED to DO to keep MYSELF from ENDURING further HARM.

3. NOT EVERYTHING is CONTAINED in this correspondence ... JUST whatever I have the ENERGY to PUT OUT right NOW.

4. I BELIEVE it will ANSWER some of the QUESTIONS you or someone YOU know has asked about.

5. Today, I HUNG UP on the person I SAW as MY SAFEST PERSON to CONFIDE IN.

6. THEN, I puked my guts out.

7. AND … I HATE puking. Puking SUCKS in MY WORLD. PERIOD.

8. Not to mention the fact, that:
a) I have LONG blonde hair.
b) I HATE pulling little “puke chunks” out of said head of hair.
c) I PREFER not to PUKE altogether, however, THIS particular FINE Holiday Season, it seems, I have NO CHOICE in the matter.
d) AND, if I DO happen to puke (which is apparently happening more and more FREQUENTLY these days) it is my STRONG preference to have said head of hair (see also Section 8(a) above) PULLED BACK, away from my face, and thus PREVENTING aforementioned “puke chunk” incident referred to in Section 8(b)
e) AND, this FINE Holiday Season, boys and girls, I happen to BE good/bad/right/wrong, for all intents and purposes, ALONE in this house (save for ONE neighbor named Carol, TWO rescue puppies, THREE “foster kids” down the street)
f) NONE of which are, as I have discovered, READY/WILLING/ABLE at ALL TIMES, to DEAL with the PUKE, or the CLEANING up of said puke, or PULLING MY HAIR BACK, AWAY from my FACE as I PUKE, or WASHING MY HAIR AFTER I PUKE.
g) and I CRY when I PUKE. EVERY-SINGLE-TIME I puke.
h) and I HATE crying right now. CRYING also SUCKS in MY WORLD right now. It is a COMPLETE waste of my PRECIOUS energy right now. I have WAAYYY more important things to SPEND my ENERGY on right now. (see also Section 8(e) above)
i) and TODAY … I HUNG UP on PRINCE CHARMING because he couldn’t POSSIBLY “understand” ALL of what I am “going through” right now.
j) and then I CRIED. And I cried HARDER and DEEPER than I bet, I’ve cried in a VERY LONG WHILE. Which, as LADY LUCK would have it … I puked. AGAIN!
k) and thus began the WHOLE CYCLE again (see Section 8(a) – (j))

Now, in MY EYES NOT a SINGLE one of YOU is "SAFE" for ME right now ... but we'll see how THIS ends up.

OBVIOUSLY, if you have READ this far, you THINK you can "handle the truth"

SO, far, you are INTELLIGENT enough to KNOW that, "The Truth" is NOT PRETTY.

HOPEFULLY, if you THINK it might even "ruin your Holiday cheer" you, if you haven't ALREADY, are WISE enough to choose OUT now.

Your "Chicken Exit" is HERE.

Take it if you so CHOOSE.

NOW!

Lovingly Yours,
CINDER-M-F-N-RELLA

P.h.M-F-DDDDDDDD Candidate

LOVER and LIVER of LIFE

BELIEVER in LIFE, LIBERTY and the (seemingly)ENDLESS pursuit of HAPPINESS

And, will SOMEONE, ANYONE PLEASE tell MY Prince Charming to SHUT-UP, get in the CAR, DRIVE here, and LIVE HAPPILY-EVER-AFTER with me?

OR, at LEAST, hold my hair when I puke.

Lovingly,

(a bumpy brother)

Life would be so much easier if people were just freakin honest with each other. I believe in total honesty but there's no reason to be brutal about it. This is a sore subject with me.

I am too honest. It's gets me in BIG trouble. Frequently...:([:/]B|
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

OK, but if someone asked you if a pair of jeans made them look "fat" and they kind of did, would you say "yes" knowing that the person would be really hurt (or spend an hour looking for something else to wear?) Some truth really doesn't need to be spelled out.

The answer to that question (and I've been asked it) is no the jeans don't make your asre look fat.
The adipose tissue under your epidermis makes your arse look fat.

HONESTY above all else, It's the most important thing to me :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I so totally want someone to be honest with me. Even if it hurts my feelings at least I'll know. No offense, but most guys I've dated have been the worst about that. They won't tell me what the problem is. One of these days I'll find one honest enough to call my shit like it is and then I'll know I have a keeper.

:D:D:DHell I'll do that for ya, and ya won't even have to keep me:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Really learned this from my last serious girlfriend. We parted ways due to a lot of honesty. It sucked.....but would have been far worse if we weren't so honest with each other. Since then......I'm brutally honest when it comes to relationships. It's just better that way......and FU if you don't like it. ;)

I think a lot of people are answering the question based on relationships with people they are close to, such as family members, lovers, friends, etc.

But what about truth in other areas of life?

Have you ever lied to government officials, or officious pricks at work, just to foil their attempts at using policy to make your life difficult??

Think hard. It's a harsh question, but life is complicated & shit happens that you have to deal with sometimes.

example: A priest I knew once pointed out a situation in which it would be a mortal sin NOT to tell a lie:....."This is the Gestapo. Are you hiding any Jews here????"

ok extreme example, but I'm pointing out here that life is complicated & on rare occasions honesty is not the best policy.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I think a lot of people are answering the question based on relationships with people they are close to, such as family members, lovers, friends, etc.

But what about truth in other areas of life?

Have you ever lied to government officials, or officious pricks at work, just to foil their attempts at using policy to make your life difficult??

Think hard. It's a harsh question, but life is complicated & shit happens that you have to deal with sometimes.

example: A priest I knew once pointed out a situation in which it would be a mortal sin NOT to tell a lie:....."This is the Gestapo. Are you hiding any Jews here????"

ok extreme example, but I'm pointing out here that life is complicated & on rare occasions honesty is not the best policy.

Yeah, life is complicated... If you want to get into philosophy and ethics there is so much material about honesty/truthtelling its not even funny.

An example like you give is one of the basic ones that people use to argue against Kant's Categorical Imperative.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Women say they want total honesty, but it's a crock. Show me one woman that would like to ask.

"Do these jeans make my ass look big?"

and get the respnse...

"No, your ass makes your ass look big"

MEEE!!! I like honesty. If my ass is fat, let me know so i can start wroking out or get liposuction to fix it.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

and get the respnse...

Then they shouldnt be asking the question if they dont want to hear the truth.

If I ask if something looks bad I want the truth...period...im not fishing for complements...sometimes it is hard to tell. I know I dont have a perfect body, but ya know who the hell cares..im healthy. If someone doesnt like the way I look they can kiss my ass. Not to mention i have female friends I go to for that shit...I know they will say what needs to be said :P

And I know I have a big ass...but im proportional so I dont give a shit :D

You CANNOT clump all women together sorry man :P

If I cannot pull off what I am wearing I want to know it before I walk out the door.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

and get the response...

Then they shouldn't be asking the question if they don't want to hear the truth.

If I ask if something looks bad I want the truth...period...I'm not fishing for complements...sometimes it is hard to tell. I know I don't have a perfect body, but ya know who the hell cares..I'm healthy. If someone doesn't like the way I look they can kiss my ass. Not to mention i have female friends I go to for that shit...I know they will say what needs to be said :P

And I know I have a big ass...but I'm proportional so I don't give a shit :D

You CANNOT clump all women together sorry man :P

If I cannot pull off what I am wearing I want to know it before I walk out the door.

Since you said it so eloquently, I'll just say:

Agreed. B|