tunaplanet

2004 NFL Season

Sure, he wanted luxury boxes back in 1980 for their additional revenue and was called greedy. Now you've got EVERY STADIUM with increased luxury boxes or being blown up to build another stadium with more luxury boxes. He's the man who first started the idea that every team owner (in all sports, by the way) demands.

www DOT 1980 was HOW many YEARS ago?

There IS such a thing called innovation (which, in his YOUNGER years, Al Davis WAS an innovator)

AND there is SUCH thing called EVOLUTION which Al Davis has OVERWHELMINGLY proved to the fans, in the last oh, 10 years, let's say ... he DOES not EVOLVE.

AND, let's not START with BLAME, which is EXACTLY what Al Davis does to the CITY of OAKLAND when HE can't sell out HALF of those beautiful LUXURY BOXES that the FANS are supposed to BOW-DOWN and THANK the man for.

For-CHRISTmas-SAKE!

The guy made a GREAT move by HANDING over the REINS, for at least, a FEW years, to CHUCKIE.

The guy did an IDIOTIC maneuver by NOT changing Chuckie'S PLAYBOOK BEFORE they ended up in the SUPERBOWL against him. DUH!

TB knew EVERY-SINGLE G-D-ed PLAY, not one, but TWO plays before OAKTOWN ever THOUGHT about what they were going to do next.

Oh, and, while we are on the subject of THAT pathetic-BOWL, Oakland's "Fabulous Females" even SUCKED, then BLAMED it on the fact that "they" (the Superbowl music committee) didn't play THEIR (the self-proclaimed Football's Fabulous Females') music, so, they poor girls couldn't even DANCE!

Look, THE BLAME GAME runs so RAMP-ED in THAT organization ... and ... as "they" say ... SH** rolls DOWNHILL.

Well, "we" the LOCAL fans are COVERED in Al's SH**!

"WE" LOCAL fans have to go 30 to 50 miles just-to-watch-the-F-N-game when we don't want to sit IN THE RAIN at our PSL seats that we PAY an ARM and a LEG for EVERY F-N YEAR, 'cuz Al F-N Davis can't even sell out a STADIUM that holds 60/80 thousand people.

I've been to COLLEGE stadiums around the COUNTRY that sell out nearly TWICE as many. EVERY SINGLE HOME GAME!

COME ON AL, just GIVE me the TEAM...Let's see what I COULD MAKE OF IT...It's couldn't POSSIBLY be any WORSE!

In Peace, Love and Good-will to All,
J Mo Fantastico Rodriguez
(a bumpy brother)
J Mo Fantastico Rodriguez
(a bumpy brother)

Ever see the movie "Major League?" Guess who it was based on? I'm being absolutely serious...

O.K.

HERE GOES ...

One FINAL chance to REDEEM yourself [lawrocket] ....

In front of ME ...

In front of CyberSpace ...

In front of ALL of WHAT is GOOD and HOLY this Holiday Season on DROPZONE dot F-N COM ...

WHAT is the TOPIC of this discussion?
WHAT is GAWD's name does BASEBALL have to do with THIS discussion?
And ...
Boys and Girls ...
For [lawrocket]'s FINAL Dropzone dot com QUESTION ...

(do, do, do, do, do, do, do)
(do, do, do, do, do ... dah, do-da, do-do-da)

DO you REALLY believe, that a WOMAN ...
A woman of MY stature ...
Of my INTEGRITY ...
and ...
An OBVIOUS fan of the SPORT of FOOTBALL ...
Would actually WATCH a MOVIE about BASEBALL?

... (write your answer here please)

Of course I would believe that a woman of your stature, integrity and stature would watch any good sport. Clearly you are a person who is educated and aware of the details of both the players and managment/ownership of football. In fact, a woman who loves football is a highly desirable and rare commodity (I fell in love once when a young lady I was speaking to decided to converse about personnel requirements for a three deep zone).

Baseball is, indeed, a thinking person's sport. Those versed in football who like to notice line stunts and soft spots in the cover 2 would clearly enjoy the intricacies of baseball.

Still, a movie about a showgirl who married a professional sports team owner who died and then wishes to relocate a team based on established mediocrity can be paralled with a certain NFL team owner. In other words, Major League was "based on a true story."

The simple point is that the Rams have hired as their head coach a guy who just ain't right. Yes, he actually forgot the score in a game earlier this year. While a great offensive mind, Martz is prone to daydreaming. Make that "weekdreaming." I think his head is so occupied with x's and o's that he tends to forget issues of game management.

So, would you watch a movie about baseball? Why would you not watch such a movie? Especially a funny one like that?

BTW - in the spirit of remaking classics, there is apparently a remake of The Longest Yard coming out. I dunno if I'll watch that...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Anyone see that amazing display of defense put on by the Packers and Vikings yesterday? Good lord.

Offense wins games, defense wins championships. Neither one of these teams has a chance in the playoffs.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Neither one of these teams has a chance in the playoffs.

Disagree. Packers have a chance. Only two teams better than the Packers in the NFC are the Falcons and Eagles. Falcons are spotty and Eagles have not shown how they'll play without TO.

Never count out Favre in the playoffs.

Forty-two

Most hated rivalry in football happens today.

Yep, and my Raiders lost. It's an amazing thing, tha feeling of utter despair knowing that your team will blow it. I was fully armed with the knowledge that after the Raiders made the go ahead score, they'd not let Janikowski boot it deep for a touchback (he'd kicked it out of the end zone earlier). Ah, yes, the sense of despair...

But what a great football weekend! Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And I'm ready for more!

I've heard rumors from a source that says Dennis Ericson is about to get canned.

The same source says Pete Carroll is a possible candidate and has spoken with management today. Not sure how serious he is about it but interesting. Would be a little shocked if he left college.

Forty-two

Well this is it. Conference Championship weekend. I'm going to go with the Eagles (although I'll be rooting heavily for the Falcons) and Pats. You know what's funny? If you look back at my original post on this thread you'll see a little prediction I made before the season even started in regards to who would go to the Super Bowl. And guess who I predicted? You got it. Pats and Eagles.

On paper the Falcons secondary matches up extremely poor against the talented Eagles passing game (even without TO). However, weather is going to be a HUGE factor. They are expecting heavy snow with a 30% chance of rain. Makes the passing game almost obsolete. The Falcons have a great running game which is crucial in poor field conditions. I, however don't see the Falcons walking into Philly and taking this (although nothing would make me more happy). Falcons do have a chance though.

I do not like a rookie QB against Bilichek and the Pats. Roethlisberger looked bad against a soft Jets D. Wait till you see him against the Pats. Hell, look what NE did to the best QB in football last week. If the Pats held the most explosive offense to 3 points what do you think will happen to the Steelers? Look for a heavy dose of a ground attack by Pittsburg.

Here are 2 other loose random predictions....don't hold me to these :P

- Rich McKay will be the next commissioner of the NFL.

- Moss will be in a Raiders uniform next year (this one is a stretch but I'll grow some gonads and make it).

Forty-two

So glad to see them doing so well when my entire childhood they sucked bad.

your lucky, I watched the browns suck growing up and they still do - they had "the fumble" on espn classic wed night

I've been a Seahawks fan my whole life (ok, since their inception). They made it to the AFC championship game once...in 1984. My Mariners haven't done much better. Between the two, they have zero championship appearances (superbowl or world series). At least the Sonics have been to the championship 3 times, and even won it once...in 1979. :|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Moss will be in a Raiders uniform next year (this one is a stretch but I'll grow some gonads and make it).

I hope not. I hope the Raiders clean house with the whiney asses, and not add more. Receiver-wise, I'd rather the Raiders keep Porter,Curry and Gabriel. But, I'd like to see them add Mushin Mohammed (whom I think is the best receiver in the NFL right now).

But, Davis always had a thing for Moss, and receivers like him, going back to Warren Wells. Trading for Moss would proably require dealing away Jerry Porter, with whom Collins has really developed some chemistry, and who is a team leader.

Personally, I think that sending Moss to the Cardinals would be a good thing for both Moss and the Cards. They are a vastly improved team, and Moss can help them, while being humbled at the same time.

Remember - with problems players you either: 1) trade them to someplace bad; or 2) trade them to someplace cold.