tunaplanet

2004 NFL Season

And it sure would be nice if Oakland had a defense. I do't think I've ever seen a team as lousy as them in a 3rd and long situation.>:(

Well, the so-called Bears just lost again. I've watched more interesting games at our local high school.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Uh oh Eagle fans. TO is out for the remainder of the regular season and will be lucky to be back in time for the SB assuming they make it that far.

Definitly not good news considering you guys have stuggled the last 2 weeks against teams that are mediocre at best.

However, If you look at the beginning of this thread you'll see I predicted the SB to showcase the Pats and Eagles. Looks like I'm dead on so far.

Forty-two

Definitely bad news, but on the plus side, I think the versatility the Eagles have in the offense can get around it. They played crappy yesterday against a crappy team, and luckily pulled it out. Mostly thanks to Donovan scrambling. The first couple years he was with the team, his scrambling was the offenses primary weapon. This year, it's been a non-factor. Not because he can't do it, but because he hasn't needed to. But it's a tool they can pull out of the bag when needed, which they obviously will now more than ever. The advantages TO gave to the secondary can be compensated for by forcing opposing teams to put a spy on McNabb, or when they don't, him having the option to run with it.

Still not getting my hopes up. It is a Philly sports team afterall. They have a habit of choking, and I think the fans unconsciously prefer it that way.

Yes, I agree the Pats v. Eagles. Plenty are still mouthing off at how great the Steelers are, and I agree that they are great. I expect to see Pats v. Steelers in the AFC CHampionship, but the Pats have an advantage in that they already got beat by the Steelers.

Still, it's been a pretty wacky year in the NFL, but not so wacky that it'll culminate in Andy Reid wearing spandex...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Plus side is they play in the NFC which is turning out to be the most pathetic conference a season has ever seen.

With Owens out they are back to the same place they were the last 3 years.

Even with TO out they are still going to be the team to beat in the NFC. Out of the teams that will be in the playoffs there are only 2 that will give Philly a run for their money.....Falcons and Packers. Packers of course have to make the playoffs first. Say what you want about Green Bay and their mediocre season but no one can count out arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game. With Favre you're always in it. I can honestly see Green Bay possibly beating the Eagles.

Forty-two

Plenty are still mouthing off at how great the Steelers are

Steelers are having an unbelievable year. However here's the deal...2 words...rookie quarterback. As fantastic as Rothliesberger is playing and how he is an absolute shoe-in for Rookie of the Year, playing in the playoffs is night and day compared to playing in the regular season. He will choke and make crucial mistakes in the playoffs.

Tom Brady on the other hand is nails. Pats are hands down the favorites to win it all this year...as my prediction at the beginning of the year before one game was even played.

Forty-two

Yep...Favre ain't no joke. That guy is amazing. I don't even think they should wait for him to retire, put him in the hall of fame now. Problem they had with the Birds was the offensive line couldn't give Favre a chance to do anything. He was wearing the Eagles Defense like a cheap suit.

Packers of course have to make the playoffs first.

Packers have already made the playoffs. This Friday they play the Vikings for the division championship. They have secured a wildcard though.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

NFC - Eagles, Rams and Panthers.
AFC - Patriots, Colts and Chiefs.

I wanna play, I wanna play!

Are we playing "pick the best of your most hated teams", here?

Well, whatever you call this, here are my picks & why.

NFC - RAMS to beat whoever they're playing
Reason #1 - I'm a Raiders' fan, so I'm on the AFC side of the equation.

Reason #2 - The Raiders SUCKED this season, in whole or in part by the "coaching from above" leadership (or lack thereof) of OWNER Al Davis.

Reason #3 - By default I've gotta put my energy into a California NFC team, and uh, well, no need to discuss the "other" California teams ... (see also reasons 1 & 2, above)

Reason #4 - I grew up in Anaheim and was a RAMS fan from the ages of 5 til the age of whenever it was that a-WOMAN-bought-MY-football-team-and-moved-them-OUT-of-STATE. And, in the mind of a teenaged girl that was most likely phrased "WRETCHED woman."

Reason #5 - THEN when said FORMER football team started WINNING, IMMEDIATELY upon arrival at their "new" home ... that "wretched woman" became "SUPREME B-otch" and "Mother of SATAN" ... of course in the mind of a teenaged girl.
Did she not KNOW that she was taking a girl's FAVORITE football team miles and miles and miles AWAY?
How could she have been so CRUEL?
SHE didn't even ASK how I felt about the whole thing!

Reason #6 - Now that I am an adult woman, college graduate, friend to some, "chosen family member" to many, foster mother of two WONDERFUL puppies, mentor to three incredibly talented and INTELLIGENT little humans down the street, support system for THEIR family, confidant to my neighbor and friend, Carol who is going through some of her OWN challenges in life ...

AND Since I am now a woman who has had to make some SWEEPING changes in her OWN life and many of the men/women/individuals/groups/organizations and former-everythings in it ...

I simply LOVE and RESPECT that woman, Georgia, OWNER of a football team ... owner of MY former favorite team ... and a woman who gave the NFL and quite possibly, the entire SPORT of FOOTBALL the proverbial "finger" when she took a LOSING football team, a GROUP of men, in a "man's" SPORT, MOVED them, and helped make them GREAT ... just because she BELIEVED she could. and for no other reason.

For that, Georgia, and the RAMS, I say KEEP KICKIN' A**, no matter how small or insignificant the other team is!

Errr ... Did I just GO OFF on a tangent?
What was the subject again?
Where did I leave off?

AFC - ANYONE beating the PATRIOTS
Reason #1 - We ALL know "IT WAS A FUMBLE"
Reason #2 - Al Davis is his own worst enemy and the RAIDERS sucked this season, in more ways than one, two, three, four, five, six, seven ...

AND I can't WAIT to win the LOTTERY so that I can BUY that M-F-N TEAM and kick Al Davis' A** to the SIDELINES and TAPE his MOUTH SHUT!

LOOKOUT Georgia AND the RAMS ... 'cuz WHEN I GET the RAIDERS into MY hands ... there is going to be a SHOWDOWN ... WOMAN to WOMAN ... HEAD to HEAD ... AFC to NFC ... RAIDERS vs. RAMS in the SUPERBOWL ... and, guess what, GEORGIA ...

I'm YOUNGER than you,
I'm SMARTER than you, and
I sure as hell am TOUGHER than you NOW, Sista.

So, listen up:

WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS ...
BEEOOOTTTTCCCCCHHHHHH!

Lovingly,
J Mo Fantastico Rodriguez
(a bumpy brother)
(a bumpy brother)

I'm a Raiders' fan, so I'm on the AFC side of the equation.

Awesome. I dont' have to stab you, then. Tunaplanet, on the other hand...

The Raiders SUCKED this season, in whole or in part by the "coaching from above" leadership (or lack thereof) of OWNER Al Davis.

I'm a little tired of AlDavis taking all the heat for the Raiders when they are not good. Did he get credit when they were in the playoffs for years runniing? I have a hard time blaming him for putting together established personnel.

I'll put it this way - if Davis was really that involved in coaching the team, Gruden's ball-control offense would never have existed. 'Nuff said.

Or, that he's money-grubbing. Sure, he wanted luxury boxes back in 1980 for their additional revenue and was called greedy. Now you've got EVERY STADIUM with increased luxury boxes or being blown up to build another stadium with more luxury boxes. He's the man who first started the idea that every team owner (in all sports, by the way) demands.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

...I think the Seahawks are the darkhorse here. THe team looks damned good, since solid coaching is now making itself evident.

Uh, or MAYBE since Al F-N Davis CHOSE NOT to let JERRY F-N RICE play SO Jerry F-N RICE went to the F-N SEAHAWKS, Seattle actually stands a CHANCE.

The Patriots are probably better than last year.

EEEEWWWWWW! www dot IT-WAS-A-F-N-FUMBLE dot com

Warmest, Warmest, Warmest Regards,

I-LOVE-JERRY-F-N-RICE-and-HE-BELONGS-in-SILVER-and-BLACK-until-he-is-SO-old-and-decrepid-that-the-emergency-response-units-stand-on-the-SIDELINES-and-give-him-OXYGEN-between-each-play-and-the-CORONERS-are-on-the-RAIDERS-payroll-to-pronounce-him-dead-and-the-local-MORTUARY-is-also-on-the-RAIDERS-payroll-to-stick-the-last-nail-in-JERRY'S-coffin-IF-THAT'S-WHAT-JERRY-WANTS ...

AND

www DOT Al Davis SUCKS dot COM!!!!

Peacefully,
(a bumpy brother)
(a bumpy brother)