tunaplanet

2004 NFL Season

Even though I was born in and lived in Dallas most of my life, being a Dallas Cowboy fan since the franchise started in 1960 and hating the Eagles more than the Redskins all this time, I hope the Eagles win the Superbowl this year. I really hoped they would go last year but they just can't seem to get past the NFC Championship game. I guess I'm a Philly fan this year.:o
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

NFC - Eagles, Rams and Panthers.

AFC - Patriots, Colts and Chiefs.

NFC - yeah, the Eagles should be okay. Owens and Kearse are huge, but we'll have to wait and see whether Kearse is healthy (effective) again, and we'll see if TO can change my mind about his punk ass.

Rams I am still in doubt about. They've got a solid core, but I think the Seahawks are the darkhorse here. THe team looks damned good, since solid coaching is now making itself evident.

I'll stick to the Panthers, too.

As far as the AFC goes, I am still not sold on the Chiefs defense. And Priest Holmes is gettign beat up. I think the West will be a toss up between the Chiefs, Raiders and Broncos. I can't put my money on my beloved Raiders, especially with suspect linebackers, but the defensive line is SOLID and the backfield is fine.

The Patriots are probably better than last year.

And the Colts cannot be counted out of a SB run. I need to get home early tonight to watch the game, but I won't. And never count out a Brian Billick coached team (the Ravens).

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hey, Lawrocket. You're right about TO. Guess he's not that good afterall :P

Sorry about your Raiders. Tough game. Don't feel bad. Both mine (Bucs) and Dagny's (Aints) teams got pummeled. Not a good day for me :S

So yeah, anytime you want to apologize about my expert perspective at identifying great players (specifically WRs that came from a certain Bay Area team and end up playing for one that is famous for choking when it counts) let me know B|

Forty-two

Despite the Colts loss to the evil Pats, the Colts will win 14 games and make it to the Superbowl. They looked too good Thursday--a fumble away from beating the world champs. Despite the two fumbles James looked like his (pre-injury) self, and the Colts line ruled.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

I was very surprised to see the Broncos offense do well tonight (despite Plummer's two stupid interceptions to start the 2nd half) and the defense did very well against one of the leagues top offenses. Maybe there is hope for this team after all to win the AFC West. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm not ready to hop on the TO bandwagon yet. I must admit, though, he and McNabb have chemistry. 3 TD's ain't no joke. ON top of that, McNabb's numbers looked pretty balanced as far as spreading the ball around.

Raiders. Upsetting, yes (Bettis had a strange stat - 5 rushes, 1 yard, 3 TD's. WTF?) Boy, did my boy Gannon make a couple of stoopid throws.:S

Impressions?

1) Chiefs ain't all they're advertised as
2) Broncos are better than I expected
3) Raiders are right where I thought they'd be
4) Steelers, if they jel, could be playoff contenders
5) Eagles impressed (should be a great game next week at MN), and TO acted like a receiver, and Eli Manning would make a good pinball
6) Seattle's shitting about Alexander
7) Cincy might stick with tradition
8) Browns over the Team Formerly Known as The Browns is always nice!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I agree with many of your impressions. But let's also not forget that it's only the end of week one. There will no doubt be many more WTF ... how did that happen games. If I was to pick two teams out of the hat to be in Super Bowl today, I would pick Philly versus the Pats. But injuries and team chemistry could have much to say before the season is done.

It should be an interesting year.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over