skymama

Yankee or Dixie?

44% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.

but i'm canadian! but i suppose it makes some sense, most of my answers said they were common in the great lakes area. i grew up int eh great lakes area, just on the other side of the border.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

50% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.

HA HA HAAAAAA!! I'm *French Canadian*!! I laughed at that one.. Some of my answers placed me on the West Coast (I'm more East than "eastern standard time"!), most in the Great Lakes area, and a few in the East--though these were rare. To be fair, some of the things I would have said weren't even on the list!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

78% Dixie

I agree with Kel. I have to object. I can't be a southerner. I don't smoke, don't drink Budweiser, nor do I wear a cap that says:

"How do you spell relief.... D I V O R C E"

My mom was from Indiana and had the biggest influence on my speech. She did not ALLOW us to talk like southern "hicks," as she put it. :P

*Who needs tea when you have Coke? But if you force me to drink it, it would be unsweetened tea (probably because I'm always on a diet) [:/]

*A roly poly

*A buggy
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

58% Dixie. I grew up in upstate NY, but my mom's from Florida and ALL my cousins are from either Florida or Tennessee. Funny thing is I retook the test and put some different words in (I know what grinders and bubblers are, and threw in a roly poly for good measure) and it still said I was 56% Dixie.

My Tennessee cousins always thought it was too funny that we called a soda "pop". Of course we thought ANYTHING they said was too funny....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !