mitch8lem

Buy now, pay later skydive shops?

Does anyone sell gear on a buy it now plan. Or sometype of payment option. Having a hard time coming up with 4500 dollars in one lump sum while trying to go to college. Thanks.

If you can't come up with that much money at once, you aren't well off enough to be buying gear that new. Especially for a rig you'll probably want to replace within 400 jumps.

I paid $700 for my last container+reserve and have sold mains for $350. With some patience you can find something nice for half what you're having trouble coming up with.

....while trying to go to college. Thanks.

Well there's ur problem..... I hear that skool stuff costs lots of jumps, just take a year or two off, ull go back I swear!!:ph34r:

Seriously just pick up something used. I got an Icon and a Smart Reserve 160 both less than 3 years old for 1700 bux, gave teh guy 900 down and he let me make payments over the next few months but gave me the rig. I was then GIVEN a Sabre 170, which I got a new line set for right away. I got very lucky but imo best deals are from a friend or a friends friend or sumthing like that!!

good luck
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

Does anyone sell gear on a buy it now plan. Or sometype of payment option. Having a hard time coming up with 4500 dollars in one lump sum while trying to go to college. Thanks.

OK, here's some Consumer Economics 101. You're proposing having credit extended to you by a retailer. At this phase of your life, would you likely be approved for an un-collateralized bank loan for that amount? (It's unlikely a bank would consider the rig itself to be strong collateral, due to depreciation and the concern that they'd have trouble successfully repossessing such a portable item.) Would you be approved for a credit card or a line of credit with that upper limit? Retailers that extend credit need to protect themselves by using the pretty much the same credit guidelines that banks and credit card companies do, if they're being diligent about minding their bottom line. If you're not likely to qualify for a bank loan or a credit card with that high a credit limit, you're unlikely to get a gear shop to extend that much credit to you, either.

I do mate, however after waiting on one customer to make payment for 6 months now I have changed the rules a bit.

I require a mutually agreed upfront payment.
Then we place the order.. Orders are rather fast at the moment, so we can delay it, for example, if your rig s ready in 2 months and you can not come up with the money in two months, then we make it so your rig is ready a bit later.

Either way, payment must be made in full.
I have excellent references from a few different manufacturers and would gladly help you out.
Check out my guest book at the link in my signature for honest feedback from most of my customers and if you require references from manufafacturers i can either email them to you or you can contact them yourself.

Once we have had a talk we will decide on the deposit. It will work for you.

At the moment, Wings stock are on sale, if you work at a dropzone you also get a huge discount on wings.

I am also known to be up there with the top package prices along with chutingstar.com and rigs n things.

I think you wil be able to get what you are looking for from myself, chutingstar, rigs n things as well. I am pretty certain most dealers will take your order for a deposit though so if you have a local gear shop dont be affraid to ask them and support them for being there supplying your hook knives, rubber bands etc. If not, send me a PM.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I require a mutually agreed upfront payment.
Then we place the order.. Orders are rather fast at the moment, so we can delay it, for example, if your rig s ready in 2 months and you can not come up with the money in two months, then we make it so your rig is ready a bit later.

Either way, payment must be made in full.

...which is often referred to as "layaway" in retail stores in North America (maybe your locale, too?). A great alternative for those who don't (or don't yet) have great established credit. Glad to see you offer it.

We call it Layby over here.
Cheers mate. Never thought of it like that. I mean, I just need enough money to feel secure that the customer will pay for their custom order when it is ready or at the minimum a deposit that is enough to cover any restocking fees with those manufacturers that offer it. Not many do though.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store