ScottyE

Closing my main container is a

I think Ada at SDC has the equipment you really need.

It's a very nice T-shirt that says, "My other rig is your mom." It's for all the haters out there that tell you to jump your other rig, not the racer. Saves me lots of time!

Jump more, post less!

The picture 111 taken from sideway (with your girlfriend) shows a rig which looks OK for me. You know, any parachute system now is relatively tight. A friend of mine has a small rig (a Micron with an Optimum reserve), he is a rigger and he told me that with that kind of reserve his reserve container is like a piece of concrete. A bit tight is better than a bit loose. Also, the tightness depends on the rigger method. Some are better than other to spread the reserve volume more evenly. One more thing, your rig is new then expect after few weeks-months that the fabric will set up.

Amen to this. If it is physically possible to shorten your loop such that ALL grommets stack PERFECTLY upon each other (no matter how improbable you think this is) you're going to die.

In my experience (yes, I actually have some in this case!), the 7 cell will pack more square, the 9 cell more rectangular. This will mean that one may fit better in your rig than the other. I was jumping a Javelin with a canopy which shouldn't have fit but it did because the Javelin was quite old & had stretched, swapping from a Sabre 2 190 to a Spectre 190 (even though the Spectre had a *smaller* reported pack volume), the Spectre was definitely a tighter squeeze.

Point is that different canopies will fit your rig differently. I don't know racers so I can't comment specifically but it's something to keep in mind.

Ok, ready to be told I'm wrong now. :D