kingbunky

cypres 2 service info

i'm packing a rig for someone, and it has a cypres2 in it. when i try to see the next service date on it, i can't access the info as per the manual. i turn it on as normal and it goes through the countdown (10-0) and then i hold the button down when it hits zero, but i don't get the jump count, serial number or service date, it just stays at zero. is there a trick to it that i'm not seeing in the manual?
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Hi,
when the units starts it's count down are you letting go of the button as required, then immediately pressing and holding it down when it hits zero? Do you or the owner have the units certificate which also shows the serial number, DOM and next service due date?

yup, i'm doing all that, but it sits at zero. i can get the serial number and dom off the decal on the unit itself. i know it isn't due for a service yet (dom is 05 2006) but it will be by this time next year.

to the previous response, i have seen a cypres 2 that told me it is due for a service, and i did read that the jump number thing was an update. that document didn't mention that it would also show the serial number and next service date so i assumed that that part worked on any cypres 2. the confusion is that the manual reflects the newer (or updated) units, but not the original ones.

you'd think that they would have a note telling you that this might not work on your unit! oh well, why should they be any different than other manufacturers when it comes to documentation.

thanks to those who replied!B|

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

When the Cypres is within a few months (it might be 6 months but I'm not entirely sure) the display will show that it is due for service after the countdown... (without input from you)

My Cypres 2 serivce was completed yesterday and prior to servicing it I remember seeing the Service date show up on the display when I turned it on in the morning...

fyi... I am not a rigger but I did pickup my cypres from SSK Industries yesterday afternoon... although I didn't stay in a holiday in express last night... have you tried calling SSK to ask... They pretty much have always seemed to answer the phone when I've called them in the last few weeks and are always very polite...

Even when I called to tell them I was in the lobby... :$:D

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...