dropdeded

Good Meal in San Diego??

Should be rollin out of Bakersfield by 3 am going to San Diego. Im not sure what hospital Im going to but Im pretty sure its called UCSD. (I'll make sure I know before I leave;)) I have a 2 hour holdover in S.D., anyone know a good place to eat near UCSD???

thanks

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Should be rollin out of Bakersfield by 3 am going to San Diego. Im not sure what hospital Im going to but Im pretty sure its called UCSD. (I'll make sure I know before I leave;)) I have a 2 hour holdover in S.D., anyone know a good place to eat near UCSD???

thanks

dropdeded

La Posta de Acapulco has a stand about four or five blocks from UCSD. There is nothing better on the planet.

Keith - You know the one I'm talking about?

If it's in Hillcrest:

For pizza - Bronx Pizza. Second best pizza in SD.

For italian - there's a great place 3 blocks west of Bronx Pizza on University. (North side.)

For mexican - old town isn't too far away. Coyote Cafe has good margaritas. Casa de Bandini has good food. Fidel's in Solana Beach has the best mexican food in the world as far as I can tell but they're about 15 mins north.

For a really cool dirtbag bar - the waterfront, on Laurel near the airport. They held out even as condos took over the area, and so they built the condos around the bar.

Casa de Bandini has good food.

I took my mom to eat there when she was visiting. The food was really good, and they had a nice atmosphere. Oh, and they had yummy flan... I love flan. And the Old Town area (where it's located) was pretty interesting too...

There's a really good Thai restaurant somewhere around where Rich used to live (La Jolla), but I can't remember the name... all I remember is that it had funny sculpture-type things hanging from the ceiling (or something like that)??? But they had the yummiest fresh spring rolls and pad thai... (Anyone know which restaurant I'm talking about?)

Gay areas tend to be more trendy and a little more upscale since gay people tend to have more disposable income.

Because gay men don't have women pilfering their wallets... :D

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

American Restaurant

Rocky's Crown Pub
A juicy half-pound burger, a side of fries and a beer is basically the menu here. What else do you want?

3786 Ingraham St
San Diego, CA 92109-6764
Phone: (858) 273-9140

Restaurant Profile

A juicy half-pound burger, a side of fries and a beer is basically the menu here. Plain, simple and truly remarkable.
SignOnSanDiego

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Filippi's is good.... I used to eat there years ago...
But I'm thinking El Indio. EVERYTHING there is good....
MMmmmmmmm......;)

El Indio Mexican Restaurant
(619) 299-0333
3695 India St
San Diego, CA 92103

Swoo Rodriguez #1020, LawnDart, AR #007

San Diego by 7:00 am. The Medic's a "Ricky Rescue" and I say, "dude, lets hit the beach" (2 1/2 hours to burn), he say's (kermit the frog voice>>) "we better stay here just in case". Im like "just in case WHAT?? The freekin surgeon needs your help"?? (kermit again>>) "lets just check out the facility":S "Later, I'll be in the bambulance>:("

So it was friggin Jack in the box, corner of I think 5th and Washington:(

oh well, thanks for the suggestions, next time I wont bring kermit.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-