jeffyg

how articulated harness affects mlw on jav

hi there

question looking at a D19 j5 thats fully articulated and was wondering how that affects the mlw

i have searched around and have found people saying it 'does' but not sure in what regards.

i am 6'3 (or a 1/4 inch under) 205lb 35 inseam broader shoulders 34ish waist if that helps with your comments

i prefer a snugger fit, unfortunately i have to purchase this rig sight unseen, tried to phone sunpath but they are closed fridays must be nice

appreciate your imput

jef
Speed is your Helmet

6'3" = 75". 75" - 35" - 20 = 20. A D19 is going to be approximately 1" too short for you in the MLW.

If you prefer a snugger fit, it might work for you, but you won't know until you've tried it on. I'd suggest getting the seller to agree to refund your money less shipping costs if it doesn't fit. You can also have a master rigger or the factory make it bigger.

I am guessing
height - inseam - 20

It works well, but it's not bulletproof.

You're correct on both accounts.

It seems to work real well to quickly determine MLW length for Javelins though. Which is understandable since, AFAIK, the folks at Sunpath are the ones who came up with it. They're who I learned it from anyway.

"D19 J5"

"D" refers to yoke size - the distance over the shoulders. "D" is designed for large, muscular shoulders.

"19" refers to the length of the Main Lift Web, measured from the bottom edge of the 3-Rings to the bottom edge of the hip ring. 19 inches is for a tall person, more than six feet tall.

"J5" refers to the size of the container. To determine which canopies will fit into a J5 refer to volume charts published by Sun Path/United Parachute Technologies (aka. "the Javelin factory").