tricky

One partner for life?

Can't exactly say as I have, but my wife, who is probably my sixth of seventh sex partner, has been the only one for almost 25 years now. Neither of us is quite the nubile/buff young things we were in 1980, but we're still knockin' boots and likin' it. Sometimes I get a silly idea like married people should get a "good conduct pass" to go a little wild every seven years, or something like that, but that's really a fantasy. There are plenty of women I'm attracted to, but that just means I'm not dead yet (which is good). If you can find the right person, and (real important) they love good sex, definitely keep them !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

If my 1st wife didn't have trouble with writing bad checks.....Then YES I could have lived with 1 partner for life.:)
I could have lived with her forever:)

no

Satisfying sex is vital to a healthy lifestyle and happy marraige. I think it's advisable to play the field a bit before being able to make a decision on what is good for you for the rest of your life/marraige. I do not recommend that my kids wait until married to have sex, and so I would not recommend it for anyone else..

can I go through the REST of my life with only one sexual partner?
YES,
now that I've found the right one!:P

Like it or not, thats what homo-sapiens are made for.

Say what? Humans have created social morals that say that (which I support), but from a biological standpoint that's probably a bunch of crap.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

but from a biological standpoint that's probably a bunch of crap.

From my experiences in life I have to agree with that sentiment. I've given up on the concept of a life long patner, sexual or otherwise.:(
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

no

Satisfying sex is vital to a healthy lifestyle and happy marraige. I think it's advisable to play the field a bit before being able to make a decision on what is good for you for the rest of your life/marraige. I do not recommend that my kids wait until married to have sex, and so I would not recommend it for anyone else..

I agree...

can I go through the REST of my life with only one sexual partner?
YES,
now that I've found the right one!:P

And you are right...I believe that once you find the right one for the job...then a lifetime worth isn't even enough...B|...

~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I doubt that humans are *meant* to have one sexual partner for life. If so, I think more of us would be monogamous for life. Doesn't usually happen that way. Then there's the issue of men, and their ability to make babies pretty much until they die (or can't get it up anymore). Women aren't naturally capable of producing offspring after (on average) about age 50. I doubt that it is a pointless product of evolution....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

In Canada right now same sex marriage is on the top of the political agenda. The leader of the Conservative Party recently said (effectively) "If we allow this what's next? Polygamy?"
Within 48 hours an islamic woman was on national TV saying "Why not?" Her argument was succinct and well thought out. Among her points was that Islam has never embraced enforced monogamy, that this was a Christian ideal, 'but the bible is full of examples of polygamy; Aberham being a notable example.'
Another culture not acquainted with the practice of monogamy is the Inuvialuit of Canada's western Arctic. The summer homes of these people was often a roundhouse type of building built out of driftwood. There was a central fire pit with a series of six to ten alcoves, one per nuclear family. The men raised all the children of their wife as their own, but slept with all the women of the community regularly. In a society that had towns of twenty to two hundred people that were separated by hundreds of miles and no venerial disease this only makes sense. Uncared for children are not much of a problem in villages of this size. Genetic diversity is.
Neither the biblical, nor the ancient Eskimo arguments, however, take into account modern VD rates.

With my 1st marriage, he was the only guy I had slept with (though we didn't wait for marriage). If either of us could tolerate living with the other, yes, we probably both would have gone (miserably) with only each other.

I'm now up to a total of 3. My third being my husband. There is no doubt at all that he will be the only one for the rest of my life. I'm his 6th, and know he feels the same way.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

No way. I mean, NOW I could easily stay with only 1 partner, because that's exactly what I want. But when I was younger I had some SERIOUS sexual angst to get out of my system.

If I got into a permanent relationship before I got all that out of my system, it wouldn't have lasted.

I think *most* people have at least a little bit of sleaziness and experimentation that needs to be expelled prior to making a real commitment. :)

Could you go through your whole life with only one sexual partner?

There are very few people here qualified to give that answer. I've had more than one sexual partner in my life, and therefore it's no longer a choice I can make.

Could I have? HEck, I dunno..

My wife is hotter than your wife.