pressuremedia

Tandem slider bumpers

Done a search here but nothing came up. My dropzone needs to come up with a good/not overly expensive/reasonable wearing solution to slider bumpers for our tandem sigma canopies.

We have tried various plastic tubing - some is too soft and wears VERY quickly, other is too hard and I believe it would wear the steering line in the tight junction made between the slider grommet and slider bumper 'lip'. tried webbing around the lines/link and the steering lines wear through it pretty quickly. last method was homemade along the design of the black bumpers for slinks but was a pain to make and even more of a pain to attach with fat dacron lines.

So what are people using then? Please share your experiences.

Jim

Done a search here but nothing came up. My dropzone needs to come up with a good/not overly expensive/reasonable wearing solution to slider bumpers for our tandem sigma canopies.

We have tried various plastic tubing - some is too soft and wears VERY quickly, other is too hard and I believe it would wear the steering line in the tight junction made between the slider grommet and slider bumper 'lip'. tried webbing around the lines/link and the steering lines wear through it pretty quickly. last method was homemade along the design of the black bumpers for slinks but was a pain to make and even more of a pain to attach with fat dacron lines.

Jim

The best performing option I've seen is the latter. What you give up is what you've already mentioned-a pain to make and install.

It can be tempting at time to go with nothing, however, Ive seen tandem links side-load and lock canopies into linetwist.

Jim

We have PD reserve Slinks on our tandem mains. Problem solved.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Very bad idea of using slinks with sigma mains - as others posted the width of dacron lines leads to VERY fast wear on the slinks. We also got wear on the tip of the risers where the brakelines were coming through the slider grommet (even to the extent we had to ground a pair of risers).

Very bad idea of using slinks with sigma mains - as others posted the width of dacron lines leads to VERY fast wear on the slinks. We also got wear on the tip of the risers where the brakelines were coming through the slider grommet (even to the extent we had to ground a pair of risers).

My tandem mains are Icarus (Precision, Icarus/Precision, Icarus Spain), all vectran lined. I was not aware of any heating problems, but it would seem that it's not an issue with vectran anyway.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ