schulm04

Javelin Odyssey Shape Change

Javelins are known to ride high on the back which makes it kinda though to reach sometimes. So yes it does make sense, and I have a heard of a few people that this has happened to on this website. The part about buying a vector 3 well that was just to be a bit spiteful, there were plenty of other reasons why I made the switch.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

do the manufacturers not use the harness to put the container in the right place on the jumpers back?

No, they don't. Generally the top of the rig is always in the same place, and the bottom of the rig gets cut short to make smaller containers (they're narrower too).

This isn't so much a problem when the smaller container is holding smaller canopies for a smaller jumper. When it's an average or larger jumper jumping smaller canopies, sometimes the hackey is pretty far up their back.

This is one reason that Sunpath is making the containers longer and narrower. Wings has been doing it for years with their EXT.

>do the manufacturers not use the harness to put the container in the right
>place on the jumpers back?

Well, that depends on your definition of the "right" place! Most small containers on large jumpers end up quite high up on the back. The taller you are and the smaller your canopies the more you have to contort your arm to reach the PC. And given the current trend of getting absolutely the smallest possible container, that can be a problem sometimes.

This can be dealt with by extending the yoke to let the rig slide further down your back, but not all mfr's will do that.

>do the manufacturers not use the harness to put the container in the right
>place on the jumpers back?

Well, that depends on your definition of the "right" place! Most small containers on large jumpers end up quite high up on the back. The taller you are and the smaller your canopies the more you have to contort your arm to reach the PC. And given the current trend of getting absolutely the smallest possible container, that can be a problem sometimes.

This can be dealt with by extending the yoke to let the rig slide further down your back, but not all mfr's will do that.

thanks good to know i assumed they would do this as a matter of procedure seen as they ask for your torso measurement it seems to be common sense that the rig needs to be in the 'correct' place relative to the customers torso

>thanks good to know i assumed they would do this as a matter of procedure seen
>as they ask for your torso measurement it seems to be common sense that the rig
>needs to be in the 'correct' place relative to the customers torso

You'd be surprised at how little information some rig manufacturers use when sizing a harness! Some do better than others. Although Jump Shack isn't my favorite container manufacturer, they do a great job fitting unusually sized people because of their attention to sizing.

Hello... My name is Kemal... I have read your forum writing abaout the Javelin DNKY... I think about to purchas Javeli Odyssey Rig for my future cannoppies 119 sqfeet Crossfire main and 143 sqfeet Optimum PDR... and when I look at the sizing chart it fits to DNKY... but When I have read your comments about it... I am not happy about that becouse I am expecting also smaller container than TJNK... is it possible to send an email to me with couple of your packed DNKY pictures that I can compare it with the other sizes of Javelin? if the photos would be rig on your body rigged, so I can compare it with your height and your body tall and shape... I am 1,87 cm tall and 83 (naked) kg...if you send me those photos of the rig which are "normal front picture, lateral picture and picture rigged on your body", I will be very happy... my email address is: [email protected] ... or if you please put those pics to here on this forum also, many people can get ease of it.. thanks so much...
Kemai Ahmet...

Hello again Guys... I want also to learn about the size recommeded to me for my reserve I want to buy... I can not decide if I should purchas 143 sqfeet Optimum PDR or 126 sqfeet Optimum PDR for my weigh... I am 183 cm tall and 83 (naked) kg... I am very experienced parachutist and my main rig is that Crossfire 119 sqfeet... and I want a Javelin Odyssey as much small as it can be... I like it to be very small rig and at lease that much I want safe jumps with my rig and reserve... what are your reccomendations.. thanks....

Hi Kemal,

See attached pics,

Mainly black rig with purple is a DNKY (mine)
All purple rig is a RSK1
Blue/grey rig (the other Jav) I think is a TJNK

Bear in I'm slightly taller than the blue rig owner and the purple rig owner is a slim girl with a short body and long legs. The MLW on my rig is 3in longer than the all purple rig.

You can see how my rig is narrower than the TJNK but not shorter. The RSK1 is same width as mine but shorter.