Lenzo

7 cell canopies

Why I jump a Spectre (7-cell):

Easy to do informal CReW.
Opens slow/soft.
Docile... it behaves well when I don't.

Don't forget that you see LOTS of 7-cell canopies .... in reserve containers.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

There is only one major difference between a 7-cell and a 9-cell:

People that jump 7-cells love them, people that jump 9-cells despise them (and vice versa).

The only real advice you'll be getting with a thread like this is that you should demo as many canopies as you can and choose accordingly.

A good place to start would be the gear reviews.
Make a shortlist of canopies based on what you'd like to jump and what's available. Next, contact the manufacturers for info about their demo program.

Trust me - you know when you have found the right canopy. ;)

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Lighten up lad

No, he always posts crap like that. Just because hes an old dinosaur who can't hold a candle to skydivers these days he tries to belittle people with what he thinks is his "ace" card just because he jumped in DaVinci's time.

And yes the 53 cells are very cool, i want B|

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

No, he always posts crap like that. Just because hes an old dinosaur who can't hold a candle to skydivers these days he tries to belittle people with what he thinks is his "ace" card just because he jumped in DaVinci's time.

See what I mean? Jumping a 9-cell canopy makes you so cool that you can insult 7-cell folks!
Way cool, man! Yeah, 9-cell pilots are better than 7-cell pilots.

Do tri-chamber cross-braced canopy pilots get a free pass to insult 9-cell jumpers?

I jump 7 cell way more often John, try reading. fail.

What you said, in message #6, is:
"John you're so full of shit. I jump a 7 cell and 9 cell depending what im doing, and never is the 9 cell because its fucking 'cool.'"
So, nowhere in your statements did you give any indication of which canopy you jumped most often. Therefore there's nothing wrong with my reading. But apparently there is something wrong with you remembering what you wrote.

His view of the world is very myopic.

Your view of me is very myopic. And from your profile comments, it would seem that this affliction extends to many others too:
"I LOVE telling people how it really is - which usually involves telling them that they are whiny spoiled brats. I also like to rub nose into the extremely one-sided, borderline hypocritical statements he likes to make so often."

I jump 7 cell way more often John, try reading. fail.

Don't bother with him Andy. His view of the world is very myopic.

I like 7cells. I like 9cells. I like anything I can fly, as long as *I* am the one choosing which canopy to fly :)

But...but...but...! Sometimes your nine cell determines that you must fly your seven cell.:P
I jump both, and spend more time under my Storm than I do my Sabre II's.

But i did say in my statement that i jump both did i not? Here you can re read it again.

John you're so full of shit. I jump a 7 cell and 9 cell depending what im doing, and never is the 9 cell because its fucking 'cool.

To which you replied

See what I mean? Jumping a 9-cell canopy makes you so cool that you can insult 7-cell folks!
Way cool, man! Yeah, 9-cell pilots are better than 7-cell pilots.

Are you senile?

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

His Your view of the world is very myopic.

There I fixed it for you. You need get some help with you fixation problem. It is starting to be obvious to others.

yet you are the only one who keeps pointing it out.
obsessive ? Stuck in the Neurotic level of personality development ?

All the cool people jump 9-cells. You want to be cool, don't you?

John you're so full of shit. I jump a 7 cell and 9 cell depending what im doing, and never is the 9 cell because its fucking "cool.":S

This thread is just full of irony. You see, your comment about 9-cells is exactly the point I was making with my comment. You shouldn't jump a 9-cell just to be "cool", especially when you've only got 115 jumps, as the original poster shows in his profile.

But instead of pointing out what those good reasons are for using a 9-cell over a 7-cell, which would have been helpful to the person trying to make that decision, you got yourself so worked-up over an obviously facetious comment, that all you could think to do was respond with an insult.

So it's quite funny that you actually got my point, and reinforced it for me, while never even realizing that you made my own point.

Andy: Thanks for prompting me to change my thumbnail photo. It was time for something different, and I really like the flying dinosaur image.

likestojump: It's now time for you to hurl another insult. Make it a good one. Oh, by the way, do you realize that there is really only one person whose reputation is harmed by insults? It's not any of the people who are the targets of your insults. Oh no. Instead, it's the person hurling the insults. Yeah, that would be you.