wildblue

Microsoft Anti Spyware under attack

yeah i would never trust a MS anti-spyware thing.. at least not for another 2 yrs.

anyone remember the days of installing Service packs on NT4.0? you NEEDED to wait at least 6 mths before attempting or it would be reformat time

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

There was an article that was trying to say that MS/Giant's antispyware is the most effective program at an 63% success rate. The other brands were in the 40's...

http://windowssecrets.com/050127/

Uhmmm... I think I'll stick with adaware and spybot TYVM
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I like it, cos it makes my job a little easier.

I usually use ad-aware/spybot/hijackthis/ in a kind of combo....but MS anti' actually does the work of all three, and it can be set to self update in the background, which is cool when otherwise you have to rely upon 26 users on a network.....

----------------------------------------------------
If the shit fits - wear it (blues brothers)--

the moral here isn't "install linux, problem solved"

it's that if you can send someone a program and convince them it's a good idea to run it, you can do whatever you damn well please to their computer that their user has the rights to do.

It doesn't make a shit of difference what operating system/security software you're running.

Its got issues on some stuff... BUT I was really happy to see that I reported an issue with a few reg keys and a folder staying around after removing a piece of Spyware on a PC and in the next dat file they actually addressed that issue. Weither they took my input or not (I highly doubt they did), but its nice to have that report feature.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

So me being NOT a computer geek, what should one trust to do the job. I was planning on purchasing some anti spyware and really don't have any idea what to get. I'm a windows user.[:/]

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

So me being NOT a computer geek, what should one trust to do the job. I was planning on purchasing some anti spyware and really don't have any idea what to get. I'm a windows user.[:/]

I have had no problem running the free Spybot and AdAware...regardless of what reports say their success rate are. My computer has always run better afterwards.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.