alanab

eloy memories, numbers and pics....

Kevin, I still can't believe you jumped in the pool, then Wingnut stole you're clothes.:)

Funny I don't find either of those occurances particularly hard to believe. However, clothing theft seems to be an all too common occurance at Boogies now. I think we're going to have to make an unwritten rule against such activity part of the next SIM. For the record. The water was great. Had I known earlier I would have been in there every night!

Kevin, I still can't believe you jumped in the pool, then Wingnut stole you're clothes.:)

Funny I don't find either of those occurances particularly hard to believe. However, clothing theft seems to be an all too common occurance at Boogies now. I think we're going to have to make an unwritten rule against such activity part of the next SIM. For the record. The water was great. Had I known earlier I would have been in there every night!

I was talking about how freaking cold it was that night, so getting out wouldn't have been to pleasant anyway. I do remember everyone trying to persuade the two "groupies" to join in, so it wouldn't have been just shannon in there.
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Yes, clothing theft. We don't really need to talk about that, though. Do we? ;)

I had a blast.

36 jumps including:

1st Birdman

5 more Birdman Jumps

2 Balloon Jumps

1 Helicopter Jump

1 Team Flail Jump

27 Freefly Jumps

Now I'm looking for a Birdman suit. Anyone got a small GTI for sale???? It's nylon crack.

Anyway, thanks for all the good times. Eloy was a kick ass boogie this year!!!

"One out of every four American's are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

Kevin thanks again for getting out in the freezing cold to fetch me a towel. You rock for that!

I still think you guys were throwing the ball out of bounds on purpose though. ;)

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Kevin thanks again for getting out in the freezing cold to fetch me a towel. You rock for that!

I still think you guys were throwing the ball out of bounds on purpose though. ;)

Can't really blame them can you?:)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

3rd: My 1000th jump (today) and a huge thanks to everyone on it - it was a blast!

Hey Liz,

Congratulations for the 1000th! Thanks for letting me come along, I had loads of fun! Shame we didn't get any inside camera. Didn't get a chance to show the video before I left (can email an MPEG if you want?) but here are a few shots from my camera. Also shame the boogie ceiling didn't allow you to dump out of the middle but it was still cool seeing you spin around in there before tracking off!

And thanks for organising the Brit way too. Anyone got an email from Nige yet with the pics?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Does this ring a bell in regards to the pool incident??? Wait wait wait my Shoes my shoes let me get my shoes off.

Haha, i think i said something along the lines of that, and seeing as how those were my only pair of shoes, i thank you greatly for taking them off before i got thrown in :D

Back at work today which sucks, but Eloy was just awesome!

3 jumps stand out for me:

did an amazing hybrid with the best brits in the world

1. My beer Hybrid with Alana and Justi. Guys, that was way cool! You rock!!! B|

2. The dz.com way - laid back, fun dive with old and new friends.

3. The Brit 21-way.

Other cool stuff included the chopper, the Beech, the DC3 and doing Victor's first 4 and 5-ways.

My favourite drinking story of the boogie came from New Years Eve. A few Brits had been drinking vodka red bulls (the beer didn't contain enough alcohol for our tastes!) and arrived back at our motel at about 3am. 3 of us a little the worse for wear and one sober driver. Well, there was the swimming pool, all fenced and locked up... and unheated. :S Obviously at the time it seemed like an amazing idea to climb the fence, jump in and swim a length each before running away when the Security guy turned up!!!!! :D:D I can confirm that unheated pools in winter are DAMN cold!

I had a blast. See you all there next year!

Vicki

For some reason the whole working after a great time skydiving seems to bore the heck out of me...need to go back to skydiving screw work. To bad Uncle Sam will not agree to that one. I am planning on going to the boogie next year unless my family wants me home for christmas...parents don't see me but 2 times a year.

I can confirm that unheated pools in winter are DAMN cold!

WAIT do you mean unhitted pools??????
where the hell is noam!!!:D:D

by the way- that hybrid was sweet!!!
that was my 3rd attempt and the only one that actually worked!
the rest all funneled on exit
guess its a good thing we had strong base belly divers! you guys rock;);)

im having the worst time trying to concentrate in class.. i keep thinking about eloy
the other day one of my professors yelled out "PLENTY OF SPACE AVAILABLE!!!!!!"
and i just burst out laughing
hahaha john king:D:D

cheesesticks where are my goddamn cheesesticks!

~boogie ho!!
pull before impact!
L.A.S.T#14, PMS #309, Ci EL O DI O SA

Wow what a great time

First 18 way $15
First 16 way $15
First 14 way $15
First Hybrid $15
First Cross Country $15
First High Altitude $25
First Jump into the pool Naked for New Years Eve (priceless)B|
11 jumps in two short days;)
Thanks to Tom, John and Neil for organizing the RW jumps, Had a Blast on all of them!!!B|
Already looking forward to next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B|B|
Super Blues
Jim

Just got home to blustery england :S

But....

45 jumps in all,
1 balloon (today - amazing)
1 Biplane
20 team 4-ways
Assorted other horny g's etc

Having JP swoop and try to drag me back up to a formation i'd gone low on (again) while he was filming camera - pretty funny

Putting names to faces - good thing. Good to meet Alana, Justi (glad you survived your chop - good work!!), Betsy, HH, Amazon and everyone. Hope you all got home safe and had as good a time as me!!!

Work on monday will be a shock :(
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Dave, I'm editing video clips right now and I just layed down that track where I docked you and did the elevator ride in my camera suit!

Now -that- I've gotta see. Sign me up for a DVD copy, Deuce. K? :D

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

You're on LT. Too many people in skydiving have been burned by pre ordering boogie video so I don't take orders until I'm shipping. I'll be done before the end of the month.

Stumpy! When it's ready, we'll be announcing it here!

Where to begin ?

"I'm fucking winning"

My check-out from 7k in a hole in 3 days of rain.

One of the best nights I've had in the Bent Prop when the power went down and we (about 10 of us) just drank talked & laughed for hours.

Tent City BBQ's with it's Mayoress Meahgan.

Finding stuff in the desert again (1x Alti - 2x Lenses - 4x Cutaway handles - 2x Reserve handles - Pair of Gators - Half a dozen hook-knives)

Landing in the main area naked after hosing the dive on my 200th & Sally's 600th.

Achieving my FS1 (wearing Craig Girard's spare suit) with Nina (organizer) and Marc & Nick from the UK (thanks guys.. you own).

Washing the Skyvan with Neil (Neilly) White, and getting tendonitis from doing so.

That fantastic fly-by that will live with me forever, as well as the one from the Beech after the fire-swooping,
when I looked down and fumbled for my Video camera and looked back up ...and thought the Beech was head-height & dived onto the floor in the little wooden stand (at the west edge of the swoop pond)
taking someone else with me too, the pilot must have been laughing all night at that one.

Many people who made me laugh too.. including Kevin & Toast (Crosskeys), Jessica, Meahgan & Mikey, Kelly Wolf, TJ (who always makes me laugh),
Jason & Amy (cool meets cool), Al & Pixie, Dimitri, Kyle, Fred, Haim & Sal.

Many thanks also to: Dimitri for his time & resources, Kolla (Egon & Piers too) from PD who got me out of a hole big time,
Fred for allowing me to never miss a load, Jen - Barbara - Jessica - Kristern - Diane (manifest girls) Dennis at the Rigging loft, Ron & Will(speed) at the school,
Chris from Tucson (a very switched on guy), Jen (crosskeys) Seth & Doobie, Sally, Nick, Marc, Athena & Amy, Jim from the Prop and everyone else who's names I forgot again and again.

And most of all the people who made it happen Betsy, Sangiro, and all the staff at SDA who made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived.

[Edited to add] 106 jumps made in 31 days (10 of which I was weathered out by wind or rain)
Where as last year I lost 1 day in the same time period.

"I'm not fucking winning."

Recording the 8 plane flyby on my memory stick and not on the tape.

Having to demo canopies because mine was KIA.

Missing my connecting flight from Newark to Birmingham and having to spend a night in the Howard Johnson.

Getting off the NJ Transit at Penn Newark instead of Penn Madison on my 'extra day' and wondering around some dodgy 'hood' for about two hours before I realized.

Having no signal on my phone on the 86th floor of the Empire Estate Building.

And being 'chosen' for extra security upon reaching the 'non smoking' Newark international.

Missing all the new & old friends already.

Have a great new year guys & see you all again sometime. B|

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

So far, I had been able to hold out and feel "OK" about not being there! "Thanks" to your post, I may have to be there next year!!!>:(;):)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."