wngarner

Mirage Contoured Leg Pads...Opinions?

Never seen the contoured leg pads on Mirage, however a couple of local jumper shave contoured leg pads on their Vectors and like them.
Last year, I sewed a set of contoured leg pads for a Javelin and the owner raved about how comfortable they are!

Leg pad options must be related to the size and shape of your thighs.
For example, many skydivers rave about the added comfort of double-wide leg pads while I just find them annoying.
For my skinny butt, the triple wide leg pads on Vector Tandem are the worst, because they interfer with my "manly bits."
On the other hand, my skinny butt is happy jumping with no leg pads or the wrap arounds that were fashionable on mid-1990s Talons.

In conclusion, match leg pad width to the width of your thighs. If you have thin thighs, narrow leg pads will work great, but people with "wider" thighs usually prefer double or triple-width leg pads.

just to go a bit further with this, how wide are the standard leg straps on the G4, the leg straps on my current rig are about 4.5 inchs wide and very comfortable. Is this more compareable to the contoured legs straps or the standard ones of the G4?
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10