sdy

About Security Equipment in Skydiving... Pease help me...

Hi to everyone... I have a question for people who have already experienced parachuting... About security, what would you like to have for enjoying in a better way this extreme sport??? What do you think is needed for parachuting to be more secure? Which security equipment do you think is missing? Or what are the most common accidents you suffer while practicing this sport?

Thanks parachuters, I hope you can answer my quiestions please...

security or safety.. That is a vastly oversimplified question. Security and safety are both subjective, qualitative terms. Any answer wouldn't be meaningful.
There really isn't any "security equipment" missing.

As for the most common injury. That would probably be hurt egos incurred while saying stupid shit while around skydivers. (example: asking if people want more security or safety in skydiving)
Or, a close second most common injury would probably be from high fat, high corn syrup, high sodium, and high cholesterol levels incurred by eating from the local Macdonald's instead of eating your normal, healthier meal.

...what are the most common accidents you suffer while practicing this sport?

I used to hit the ground at terminal velocity a lot, but now have an Automatic Activation Device to open my reserve parachute. Sometimes, I would cut away too low for the reserve to open, but I now have a SkyHook system. My biggest problem lately seems to be hook-turning into the ground at high speed, causing multiple traumatic injuries and death. However, once in a while, I get hit by a swooper. That's usually fatal to both of us.

I think a good security device would be a Laser Cannon, that can track an incoming swooper behind me and vaporize him before he can hit me.

Roseanne Rosannadanna said it best, "You know, it's always something." ;)

Someone is developing a sensing device that knows when a swooper is too deep, and so auto-stabs the toggles or better still, deploys a drogue on the tail of the canopy, thus putting the pilot back directly beneath the main. Upon resetting body position, the drogue cuts itself away and reloads for the next potential save.:D

Personally, I favor an inflatable jumpsuit that blows up like a giant beachball. In order for the suit not to burst, it has a valve the lets the air out, causing the jumper to fly all over the place in spirals, making a loud whoopie cushion noise. Sort of like in the old Tom & Jerry cartoons.... I call it the Whoopie Suit.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

This doesnt have anything to do with anything really but it did pass 5 min of work time thinking about it......a wingsuit that could land without deploying.......

Yeah, and I bet Jeb Corliss has spent even more time than that thinking about it! :P
Looking for newbie rig, all components...

BINGO!! We have a winner!:D That has to be one of the all time best gags pulled in the skydiving community. I believe there are some old threads on here floating around on that device.

Someone recently had a funny auction for that on eBay. There was another joke device but I can't remember it right now...

I laughed my ass off!!
Always be kinder than you feel.