VanillaSkyGirl

Life

Life doesn't have to be a dramatic soap opera. It's a beautiful and difficult song and dance with the good and the bad and the everything in-between. It is never as perfect as you would like, but there are many opportunities for happiness.

In my opinion and for the most part, life is good. It's what you make of it, really. You can choose to see the glass as half empty or half full. You can create your own unhappiness and drama and hurt others, as well, or you can live and learn and grow and not worry about letting the BS bring you down.

People...at some point, even the persons whom you most love, will disappoint you and hurt you, whether they mean to or not. It's best to get over it. What is fine for one person, may not be for another. Such is life.

No matter how bad or how down you feel, know that just around the corner is a shining star...another truly beautiful day with so many possibilities. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise has issues.

Btw, I had a great time last night in the tunnel. It's been so long, but it felt soooo good. Thanks for the smiles, people...

:)

Very well said, Ro....

I *TRY* to keep on the 'half-full' side of things as much as I can. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

When I'm on the 'half-empty' side of things, I try to remember that "this too, shall pass" and do my best not to let it affect me too much.

Thanks for reminding me that it's not *ALWAYS* "half-empty".....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I can appreciate the sentiment of your post. However, I really don’t share your positive outlook on life. Not everyone has what you have.

It may seem difficult to understand why other people view the world in a negative light. Being positive comes naturally to you. Being critical comes naturally to me.

We can’t all be football players and cheerleaders. Don’t tell people how they ought to feel about their lives. If you haven’t walked a mile in someone else’s shoes……you know the rest.

Kbone

Don’t tell people how they ought to feel about their lives. If you haven’t walked a mile in someone else’s shoes……you know the rest.

First off... threadcrap often?

Secondly... That's not her point....she's talking about trying to find the positive in life and not to dwell on the negatives.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I can appreciate the sentiment of your post. However, I really don’t share your positive outlook on life. Not everyone has what you have.

It may seem difficult to understand why other people view the world in a negative light. Being positive comes naturally to you. Being critical comes naturally to me.

We can’t all be football players and cheerleaders. Don’t tell people how they ought to feel about their lives. If you haven’t walked a mile in someone else’s shoes……you know the rest.

Kbone

:o Dude...go get some happy pills and take them or something. Yesh!

You choose how you will react to life and life's situations. It is your choice to be pessimistic, optimistic or somewhere in between.

She's not telling you how you should live your life. She's giving a viewpoint. If you don't agree with the viewpoint, that's your choice. But pay attention to the way things are worded. You may learn something. :S
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I know, and I am not trying to judge or to say that you have to be that way. I have had a serious relationship with a person who suffered from depression, and I have been there myself.

Don’t tell people how they ought to feel about their lives. If you haven’t walked a mile in someone else’s shoes……you know the rest.

Yes, I understand, but what people fail to see sometimes is that my post or anyone's posts are not about them. I actually wrote this post for myself. I have been introspective and doing that. If someone sees themselves in my words and reads into something that I have said, there is nothing that I can do about it.

For the record, I have been really, really sad about some stuff that has occurred in my life, lately, and some weird stuff that recently happened has caused even more anger and sadness in my life, but I refuse to be dragged into BS. Understand what I mean by my post?

I really do like that you wrote this, though. It really validates my point that what is good for one person is not good for another. You can do and read whatever you'd like.

I was down, but last night after not even flying much since May, I won first place in a tunnel competition within my division. I was shocked. It's nothing major, but it made me so happy in the midst of my sadness. Even if I hadn't won, just the happiness of being with friends made me see how beautiful life can be. I wanted to share the happiness, not tell you how to live your life. I apologize if that is how you saw my post, but that was never my intent.

[I was down, but last night after not even flying much since May, I won first place in a tunnel competition within my division. I was shocked. It's nothing major, but it made me so happy in the midst of my sadness.

WOOHOOO!!!! Congrats, Ro!!! I would *HARDLY* call that "nothing major"!!!!!

Even if I hadn't won, just the happiness of being with friends made me see how beautiful life can be. I wanted to share the happiness, not tell you how to live your life. I apologize if that is how you saw my post, but that was never my intent.

I don't think anyone but him has seen your post that way, Rosa... I certainly didn't, and I've been a bit on the down side lately.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Kbone

One word, dude.

Prozac.

Get some.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Life doesn't have to be a dramatic soap opera. It's a beautiful and difficult song and dance with the good and the bad and the everything in-between. It is never as perfect as you would like, but there are many opportunities for happiness.

In my opinion and for the most part, life is good. It's what you make of it, really. You can choose to see the glass as half empty or half full. You can create your own unhappiness and drama and hurt others, as well, or you can live and learn and grow and not worry about letting the BS bring you down.

People...at some point, even the persons whom you most love, will disappoint you and hurt you, whether they mean to or not. It's best to get over it. What is fine for one person, may not be for another. Such is life.

No matter how bad or how down you feel, know that just around the corner is a shining star...another truly beautiful day with so many possibilities. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise has issues.

Btw, I had a great time last night in the tunnel. It's been so long, but it felt soooo good. Thanks for the smiles, people...

:)

Hi VSG

R.I.P.

I agree completely! We're all guilty of letting stupid crap bother us at some point. I've been trying to limit that in myself more and more, and there are many good things that I've noticed. A person can still be sad, and they can still feel the "negative" emotions. But, when you don't let stupid crap bother you all the time, the things that should actually make you sad seem somehow more genuine or real. There is real sadness. That's okay. It's impossible to get over any real sadness, though, when you're down about everything.

We've all had our rough times. Comparing whose life is worse is pointless...it's as pointless as comparing yourself to anyone else as a whole. (This has nothing to do with comparing your diving skills to someone else's as a way to work up to something...it's more about your value as a person.)

Okay, I'm done babbling. Great post, Rosa. You are an amazing woman that I'm glad to have as a friend! :)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

One word, dude.

Prozac.

Get some.

Prozac? Seems to be the cure all these days. Isn't it wonderful that we live in a society that can solve all of its problems with a trip to the pharmacy.

Maybe you should do some research on what Prozac really does to your brain. To put it simply, Anti depressants are like adding NOS (Nitro) to your car engine.

You may be living large for a few years but you'll fry your brain in the process.

This is your brain on drugs.

Maybe you should do some research on what Prozac really does to your brain. To put it simply, Anti depressants are like adding NOS (Nitro) to your car engine.

You may be living large for a few years but you'll fry your brain in the process.

Bullshit.

Rosa, thanks for the post. Sometimes people need to be reminded to not sweat the small stuff, and that it is all small stuff. Hope you're well - and we never did do Margarita Mondays the other week...LOL, can I take a "raincheck"?

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Bullshit.

HA! :D

I've been on that shit (and others) for 8 years. I don't believe it hurts my brain, although sometimes warm orange bucket of plaster, with alligator elevator discombobulator Fredrick margle hmm?

:P

p.s. attitude really does make all the difference. As my grandfather likes to say, "Illigitimi non carborundum".
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Today, I've read some of your posts in the Women's and feel badly for you and the struggles. I am trying to understand. I am also trying to hang in there.

Michele, I have to admit that things that you have said or I have said or others have said, may have been taken the wrong way by each other. Hence my posts about people, who love you and who you love, accidentally hurting each other.

:(:(:(

I have been really hurt, but I cannot talk today, tomorrow, maybe not for a while or at all. I do hope that you understand. I would rather not talk for a little while. Sorry. Please take care. See the light at the end of the tunnel.

If you haven’t walked a mile in someone else’s shoes……you know the rest.

The rest? Of course, after I walked a mile in their shoes... I would have a new pair of shoes. Obviously, they couldn't catch me because they couldn't outrun me with no shoes.

Instead of Prozac, I prefer skydiving. Been doing much any jumping? How did your "most recent" jump go? Not to worry, a vacuum will get dirty footprints off the couch.

Some people find enjoyment by trolling skydiving forums and bringing their unhappiness to others. I wonder what that is all about.

Michele, I have to admit that things that you have said or I have said or others have said, may have been taken the wrong way by each other. Hence my posts about people, who love you and who you love, accidentally hurting each other.

??????????????? I'm sorry, I'm rather lost here...

Other than what we've already discussed over the last year, I haven't got a foggy clue what you're talking about specifically (and indeed, your post leads me to believe it's something specific, and recent). I think this is likely a conversation needed for PMs though, so when you're ready, PM me...because I really don't know what you're referring to, Rosa.

I have been really hurt, but I cannot talk today, tomorrow, maybe not for a while or at all. I do hope that you understand. I would rather not talk for a little while. Sorry. Please take care. See the light at the end of the tunnel.

Wow. If we were dating, I'd say that was a break-up note. Fine, whatever....I have no idea what you're talking about.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Kbone

About the only thing you really can control is how you feel about life. You can't control the events life throws at you, but you can decide how to handle and react to those events.