Vallerina

Your favorite healthy snack food

Sunflower seeds, fruit, there's low cal jello. You can also mix your own treats. I make my own ice milk(soft serve style ice cream) and it has very little sugar in it. If you have a blender you can make fruit smoothies.

For a munchie food try Cheerios straight out of the box(dry, no milk). It may sound weird, but that stuff is addictive as hell and a major convenience snack.

Try to keep the BAD carb's down and only eat freash foodslike, raw vegi's, salads, tuna (we can buy them in a small can premixed like lemon pepper, tomato & chilli ect) they make a nice snack with celery, rice snacks ( but they are high in carbs ) Watch out for some friuts too, they seem healthy but have nasty carbs in them (bannana's are a culprit), but generally if its not from a tree or does'nt grow in the ground, are made naturally from nature, you can bet its NO GOOD!
Years a go we used to consume about .25 kg's of sugar per annum, but now we are in to the 1.5-2.0 kg's per person! And the Austalian govenment wonders why we are a FAT nation!

Good luck and be strong, Chippies are BAD and suck you in. Go the healthy snacks.:)
I dont eat carbs, but when i do i take carb blockers so i dont get fat hips!;)

A man who views the world at 50, the same as he did when he was 20, has wasted 30 yrs of his life.

"Muhammad Ali"

I'm going through the same thing, so far I've found:

Green apples with peanut butter, even though the peanut butter isn't great, it also isn't terrible if you limit yourself to a tablespoon with an apple especially if you're not getting a lot of protein from other sources.

Try freezing the yogurt.

Freezing grapes is also very good.

Or take some fat free cool whip and put it between graham crackers and freeze it - icecream sandwhich.

Rice cakes, the caramel flavored ones can satisfy a mild sweet tooth.

Good luck and thanks for posting. Lots of new ideas to try.

Christina

Beef Jerkey!!

Ohhohhohh.....I looove beef jerky...and the good stuff. Not the moist stuff. The good and dry real beef jerky.

*drool*

Yeah....I got a HUGE bag of beef Jerkey about a week ago from Burl's Country Smokehouse (Arkansas). OMG!!!!! (linz eyes the bag on top of the fridge)

Ooooh....pickled okra!!!! Good Stuff.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

After reading The Abs Diet, I snack on different things than I used to, trying to eat 6 times a day like they recommend. Some things I like are almonds and dried apricots, cottage cheese and berries or apples with a little bit of natural peanut butter. I also like protein shakes made with fruit and low fat vanilla yogurt and some other ingredients. I feel like I'm indulging and having a milk shake! I'll give you my favorite recipe if you want to try one.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I would recommend low-fat Oreos which are quite tasty, but I see you might be tempted to eat the whole bag like the Twizzlers :P

Try Kettle Korn or Pirate's Booty.

mmmmm snacks...
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

I have two.

Peanut Butter. It has all the healthy fat and protein you need and tastes good. :)
Also... almonds!

Almonds have the highest protein content of any nut and are a valuable food for vegans and vegetarians. Almonds are rich in minerals, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous and especially high in calcium. Almonds are high in mono-unsaturated fat which helps to lower cholesterol, especially the bad cholesterol (LDL). Almonds contain a high degree of oleic acid, which is believed to be the ingredient in olive oil that protects against heart disease.

granola bars and soy milk?

and you said healthy?:S

How are they not healthy? The granola bars I eat have 5 g. of fiber per bar, and they're full of other good stuff. They're also low in sugar. And...how is soy milk not healthy???? :S

Thanks everyone for the tips!!! There are lots of things on here that I like but don't think of while I'm in the grocery store! :)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Nice info from 2000?:P And this is the FDA which has the food pyramid upside down!:S

Uhh...nothing has really changed in regards to the benefits of soy since then.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,5033,s6-53-0-0-676,00.html

Really, I hate to break it to you, but soy food is good for you. Soy supplements and whatnot may not be, but if you want to avoid soy, then you'll have to cut many many many foods out of your diet. Many foods that you wouldn't suspect contain soy.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Lettuce and processed meat product that comes in slices all rolled together with fat free cream cheese is good if you ignore all the chemicles in the "meat"
Cheddar cheese and ketchup
apples and almond butter
pickles and cheddar cheese
jicama and walnut butter
pickles with cheddar cheese and ketchup
Ben and Jerry's Phish food
Lalalalala!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Edamame Beans.

Pirate Booty.

Vegetarian Snack Pizzas:
2 Wasa breads
1/2 oz. tomato sauce, low sodium
1 oz. vegetarian cheese (soy or rice cheese)

Directions:
Preheat broiler. Place Wasa Bread or bread or cracker of choice on a cookie sheet. Spoon tomato sauce onto crackers and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and broil until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes.

If you aren't a vegitarian, use reduced fat cheese.

Mock Sour Cream Dip:
1/2 tbsp. onion soup mix
1 tbsp. salad dressing, low fat or nonfat; low sodium
2 oz. soft tofu

Directions:
Drain tofu and combine with soup mix and dressing in a blender and blend well. Serve with cut up carrots.

Graham crackers with peanut butter:

3 graham crackers (2.5 inch square)
1/3 tbsp. low sodium peanut butter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Clif Bars are GREAT if you're running around and need something to tide you over. Not lo-cal, lo-carb or lo-fat but are packed with good stuff. They are all VEGAN and mostly organic - even the chocolate chip which are yum-a-rama.

I always carry a few in my bag - just in case.

Calories - 250
Fat - 5g (sat fat - 2g)
Protein - 10g
Fiber - 5g
Carb - 45
Potassium - 200mg
A - 30%
C - 100%
Calc - 25%
Iron - 25%
E - 100%
K - 25%