sundevil777

NASCAR racing - might as well be IROC

The way they change rules in order to prevent dominance by some, it is like telling Airspeed they can't wear booties because they have been winning too much. Total bullshit. It might as well be IROC where all the cars are identically prepared.

Of course all the cars being bunched up is very exciting, and it promotes crashes.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I agree that it's ridiculous the way Nascar keeps changing the rules, just because somebody complains that they're not running as good as the other makes...

However, my favorite driver, Jeff Gordon, just won the Daytona 500 so I don't care too much right now what else is going on in the sport...:P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You mean there is a reason to watch it other than for the crashes?

Well yeah, there were 4 lead changes in the last 9 laps... this race was a doozy... B| how about that nail-biting 4 wide coming to the finish line?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My man didn't win?????????????? I'm going to go cry. It's probably because I didn't wear the hat.

Sorry... who's your man?

It was a heck of a final 3 laps... Stewart was leading for a long time, then Gordon makes a run for the lead to the outside but can't complete it, then Earnhardt Jr squeezes out from behind Stewart and in front of Gordon to pass Stewart, with Kurt Busch pushing Gordon on the outside. Then Gordon overtakes Jr for the lead and Busch settles in for 2nd. Stewart gets left back in 6th or 7th and bangs fenders and sides with Jimmy Johnson, well past the finish line, boy I thought they were going to wreck each other! Simmer down boys! It's not like the old days when the Allison brothers and Cale Yarborough had their famous fisticuffs at the Daytona race back in the 70's! :S

The way they change rules in order to prevent dominance by some, it is like telling Airspeed they can't wear booties because they have been winning too much. Total bullshit. It might as well be IROC where all the cars are identically prepared.

Just like salary caps in other sports. Both are meant to create parity.

i know, that pissed me off too. lead all freaking afternoon, then got caught up in the mayhem in the last 10 laps. oh well, he won yesterday, so he is leading the busch standings! and to those who are against the parity, would you rather go back to when guys routinely won races by sveral laps? i know, you'd rather not watch it at all. ;):D
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

You mean there is a reason to watch it other than for the crashes?

You mean there's a reason to watch it at all?

If it's not F1, it's not really racing. That's why the devil is bitching, is it not? Too many rules, too many restrictions, no freedom to "be the best?"

Yeah, 'cause I want to watch a bunch of guys turn left all day. :S

It's like saying Budweiser is the ultimate in alcohol, and then spitting on a fine Bordeaux, or pouring Dom down the gutter.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

A couple of things I wish NASCAR would do:

One, make the one last thing truely stock on the cars be the body. I understand they use common templates for most, if not all, of the car. I think it would be cool if it were pure stock (except for front/rear spoilers). That way, if a Chevy wins, then maybe the car you can buy is the most aerodynamic or best suited for racing (body shape wise). Right now, if a Chevy wins, it doesn't mean squat as far as your car sitting out in the driveway is concerned.

Two, get rid of the plates. They may not need them if they make the bodies (nearly) pure stock. But, if they need to slow down the cars, then do something else to the motor to maintain responsiveness, not something that causes the car to slowly get up to speed.

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

I also don't like the fact that so much is attributable to pit stops. They should just carry around however much fuel it would take to allow a race.

In my opinion, a 20 minute final heat is plenty. Have some qualifiers and then keep the traffic down. Like motocross does for instance. No pit bullshit, just race with simple rules.

I also like that in motocross, they don't stop just because of a crash. Yellow flags laps are just a little more boring than free throw shots in basketball, and they allow the field to catch up, so that when you take your pit stops in relation to yellow flags matters so much, total bullshit.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I wanna see a NASCAR race run backwards, you know, the "wrong" way around the track which would mean a race full of right turns instead of left. I figure that would really screw up the drivers and make for an interesting race.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I thought that some races now have twisties, isn't that true?

I liked the old CART series. It also didn't hurt that Honda dominated most years.

There is not one single part on a NASCAR car that is available on a production vehicle. The entire idea of calling the cars Ford, Chevy or anything else is just plain stupid. Any references to "Stock" car racing is also absurd.

There was a time when Win on Sunday meant Sell on Monday for Auto Manufacturers. Also the Stock Car Programs were great tools for R&D to develop better cars. There was alot of valuable data that came from taking a "Stock" car and pushing to its absolute limits for 500 miles to see where the weak points in that vehicle really were.

After Mopar started totally Dominating the Stock Car world in the Late 60`s and early 70`s and they kept changing all the rules to give Ford and Chevy a chance, Stock Car racing was forever ruined in my mind.

The would be cool. B|

I wanna see more radical track designs. Don't really care so much for the so-called "cookie-cutter" tracks.

I want:
  • a figure 8 track (over/under pass in the middle of coarse!)

• maybe somelike like a cookie cutter except the the back stretch is curved in so there would be a right turn there

• do like the last bullet but bend in both the front and back stretch so there's a right turn on each

• any other "mini-road course" type tracks

These would be cool. B|

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

I wanna see a NASCAR race run backwards, you know, the "wrong" way around the track which would mean a race full of right turns instead of left. I figure that would really screw up the drivers and make for an interesting race.

That's a good start, but what NASCAR really needs are pressure-sensitive mines.>:(

Lots of them.

Then the season will be over early and we can all watch some Formula-1 or, for the really brave, 250 Moto GP.B|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Then the season will be over early and we can all watch some Formula-1 or, for the really brave, 250 Moto GP.B|

You are just too cool...B|;)...

~R+R:)...A man with good taste...I like that...;)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...