Conundrum

A sculpture of mine in the works

Oh kick ass!

I bet you could make a bunch and sell them. I'd start talking to sharper image and stores like that (for people with too much money)-- you could make a killing.

I'd buy one and put it on the lawn just to keep the Jehovah's witnesses away. :P
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I opened this thread expecting a joke, then read your post. Hmmm, ok, a real sculpture. Now I was expecting something cheesy, or a bad knock off of "David."

I was wrong.

That just plain RAWKS chelle!

You've got some skillz, lady!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Ahhh...I miss working with clay. High fire? low fire? Does the clay body have a little iron oxide in it?

Really nice line work. I also really like how the neck twists a bit on the way up and gets kinda poochie where the scales are attached.

Yeah. You should be proud of that. Hope it makes it through firing ok! :-)
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

Ahhh...I miss working with clay. High fire? low fire? Does the clay body have a little iron oxide in it?

Really nice line work. I also really like how the neck twists a bit on the way up and gets kinda poochie where the scales are attached.

Yeah. You should be proud of that. Hope it makes it through firing ok! :-)

I believe it's a high fire kiln but I'm not really sure, my old ceramics teacher from high school, who I've kept in contact with over the years offered to let me use the kiln for anything I make.

It made it through firing just fine. I cut the head off and split it in half, then cut the neck into 2 pieces, hollowed everything out, then scored and slipped it back together. The horn did break off though, before it went in, so I'll jsut make it into a 'war wound' or something. :ph34r: