Kbone

Simpsons are getting cancelled!

Now that I've got your attention, Whats up with the Simpsons!

I'm looking at my TV listings, I guess the brainfucks at FOX feel that "Independance Day" is going to draw better ratings than a new Simpsons episode.

Isn't that movie over 10 years old now? Hell, I'll settle for a Simpsons re-run but I guess I'm stuck watching Mohamed Ali battle alians in this piece of crap movie!

I'm finally starting to understand why people bash the FOX network. The network has no identity, every show is syndicated. They make really bad decisions with thier few longtime hit shows.

No wonder all their shows keep getting cancelled! except "That 70's show"!! Those kids are starting to look a little old to be in high school!

Die FOX!

Hell, I'll settle for a Simpsons re-run but I guess I'm stuck watching Mohamed Ali battle alians in this piece of crap movie!

What are you talking about? Mohammed Ali isn't in Independence Day! I like that movie! Who cares if The Simpsons didn't come on this week? It's not like there aren't 20 million other episodes you can watch on other channels.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

Mohammed Ali isn't in Independence Day!

Will Smith played Muhammed Ali in a movie too. I think thats what kbone meant. But really, who ever knows what kbone means. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Warning: Don't feed the trolls. ;)

Uhh...I think I've read one or two of his posts. I'm just answering a question.

Oh, I know you have. It was just a general warning for someone that would take offence to his post. I just happened to reply to you instead of him. Apologies if I was misunderstood. :)

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

I am a huge fan of what The Simpsons used to be... but I will say that I haven't thought they've been very funny or "on-track" since, oh, about 1996 or so. I know, that's a long freakin' time. But really, something subtle changed in the way the characters are and the way the "plots" go... and not for the better. I sometimes find myself straining to find anything to laugh about. Big name guest stars are not a substitute for funny writing. And Homer whining and getting all bilious and angry is not a substitute for him doing goofy funny stuff like calling all the constellations by cowboy names. :S

I think they should have ended the show while it was reasonably funny, like Seinfeld did. Or Johnny Carson, who is lauded as having known when to quit at the pinnacle of things.

In the meantime, The Family Guy is WAY funnier than The Simpsons, and in fact so is Futurama. And Fox has Arrested Development: how can you gripe about that? That show is uproariously funny! :D

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I am a huge fan of what The Simpsons used to be...

I can understand your feelings. A lot of it has to do with egos. The voice of Bart Simpson is a butt ugly woman who thinks she deserves 1 Million dollars per episode FOR VOICE OVER WORK! The character voices threatened to strike if they didn't get damn near that per episode. This happened about 3 years ago.

When sales are up, egos get big, and quality along with work ethic declines.

Still... I'd rather watch an overbloated, sold-out episode of "The Simpsons" instead of a tiny loud mouthed black man who is pissed off that he "had" to host the Oscars.:P