dalemeyer

Mirage G3 vs G4

Hi folks... im looking at getting another rig and the mirage is whats grabbing my attention of late...
i currently own (and love) an Icon, but it seems as though tons of folk are having problem with customer service...

Basically i would like to find out if there is any truth to the rumour that the G3 is "longer but slimmer" in design vs the G4 which is said to be "Shorter but fatter"???

i have read the differences between the rigs on the Mirage website but thats not exactly what i was looking for.
im a big boy (6'4" and about 280lbs with gear) and have some shoulder flexibility issues due to previous non skydive related injuries, and i dont (cant) want to have to reach half way up my back for a PC come pull time...

im looking at getting a 170 main with a 190 reserve in there if anyone needs to know...

any help/opinion/advice would be greatly appreciated...

thanks
dale
Take it easy... and if you get it easy, take it TWICE!

Contact Ward at www.miragesys.com

He will help you out better than anyone here!! :)

I agree. Just going to the Mirage website for your specific concerns may not do it. Ward will get your questions answered quickly, and to the point. Dont do it here, man. People will soon fill this post with other brand names that will just do you more harm than good in the long run ;)

Seriously, man, those canopies are way too small for someone with 200 jumps, even under good conditions. Throw in a nasty malfunction, off-field landing, etc., and you'll be praying for more square footage. Also, not too many 190 reserves are even certified for a 280-lb exit weight.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep that in mind and with a little bit of luck you'll be able to explain that to some newbie thirty years from now.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

i appreciate the advice and the concern gents... but in saying that... im not going to downsize tomorrow, if you know what i mean... am trying to do some research now and improve my knowledge and skills about whats out there first...

will only be going to a smaller canopy in about 150-200 jumps...
appreciate the concern though...;)

and i will definitely try and contact Ward...:)
thanks

Take it easy... and if you get it easy, take it TWICE!